2019-2020 Programs by Discipline | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2019-2020 Programs by Discipline

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Some program information from Minto Summer Skate. I'm only posting NextGen skaters, but if people are curious about others a bunch are posted in the Minto thread here: X
And this twitter account is also posting a lot of the program info: https://twitter.com/AnythingGOE

Junior Men
Corey Circelli - SP: Ophelia by the Lumineers
Alec Guinzbourg - SP: When You're Smiling by Michael Bublé
Iliya Kovler - SP: Natural by Imagine Dragons (I really liked this program - looking forward to seeing it cleaner on the JGP)

Junior Dance
McIsaac/Circelli - FD: 'Nature Boy’ and ‘Dance Macabre’
Makita/Gunara - FD: ‘Don’t Know How to Love You’ and 'I'll Take Care of You'
Kam/Carter - FD: The Book of Life soundtrack
Kagolovskaya/MacDonald - FD: ‘I Feel Pretty’, ‘Tonight’ and ‘America’ from West Side Story
McQuilkin/Portz - RD: 'Sing Sing Sing' and 'Big Spender'

To clarify, I finally watched a video of this, and the version of Nature Boy used is by AURORA.

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Not officialy confirmed for now but yuzuru will be recycling his origin freeskate music. A fellow TCC skater leaked it by accident (it was playing in the background during a group practice) and she got some steam for it from a few immature fans.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Not officialy confirmed for now but yuzuru will be recycling his origin freeskate music. A fellow TCC skater leaked it by accident (it was playing in the background during a group practice) and she got some steam for it from a few immature fans.

It seemed like it was going that way. He probably wants to do it justice.

pearly

Record Breaker

I’d be glad if he kept the short as well. Gorgeous programs, we haven’t seen them enough.

StephenGfan

Final Flight
I’d be glad if he kept the short as well. Gorgeous programs, we haven’t seen them enough.

Despite not disliking it his Otonal was just a decent program to me so I would rather he choose a different short program plus unlike origin we have seen otonal skated to the fullest.

evasorange

Final Flight
Wow if that’s true about Yuzu that’s super disappointing imo. Origin was good but too much of the same mood as Seimei which we had two years of. Yuzu repeats too much, all of his programs are just starting to blend together. Would love to see him take a risk and do something completely out of the box and modern.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow if that’s true about Yuzu that’s super disappointing imo. Origin was good but too much of the same mood as Seimei which we had two years of. Yuzu repeats too much, all of his programs are just starting to blend together. Would love to see him take a risk and do something completely out of the box and modern.
He did that wonderful Prince program...and then never skated it cleanly.:cry:

StephenGfan

Final Flight

I got a completely different vibe from Origin I found it more futuristic and fantasy rather than traditional anywho I would love for him to keep origin because Like I said we haven't seen it performed to its full potential

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Um...
Seimei
Prince
Hope and legacy

All say hi...
(sorry for the derail)

evasorange

Final Flight
Um...
Seimei
Prince
Hope and legacy

All say hi...
(sorry for the derail)

Prince is the only one I would consider “modern” and even that is a bit of a stretch, although for Yuzu it was definitely a welcome fun change! When I say modern I mean I would love to see him skate to something In the mood of Jason browns love is a B sp from last season. As much as I love Seimei and hope and legacy and think they are genius programs they are very much in the mold of like what would be considered a classic figure skating program....I don’t want to say cliche or cookie cutter because that’s seems negative and I adore those programs but they definitely all hit the expected notes of the dramatic classical music skating program that we expect. And to me Orgin is just more of the same. Plus it’s a repeat! I think Yuzu could pull off just about any mood or style of program he put his mind to so I guess I’ll just hope and cross all my fingers that he does something new for sp and it’s not another floaty ethereal classical music number 🤞🏻🤞🏻

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yuzuru only performed Origin four times and two of them with injuries, it's not as if we've had time to get tired of it... and if it is true, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a pretty solid restructure along with the polishing and perfectionism he's all too well known for.

I would have loved something new, simply because all the more for us, but I also would love the platonic ideal of Origin he has in his head and still think that in full strength Yuzu could very well make it one of the iconic programs in skating history (like he doesn't already have his share of them :luv17:) and we may even get a new black and sparkly costume out of it. Yes, I'm that shallow.

On the other hand, no formal announcement has been made, and this IS Yuzuru Hanyu, so don't put money on it yet...

Happy Skates

Final Flight
There's a mistake on the original post for Kostornaya. "The Meadow" will be part of her fp and she is keeping her old short. She somewhat confirmed this by answering a poll on instagram.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
From fan fests:

Turbo Mom said:
Yura Min and Daniel Eaton,

Daniel is very honored to be representing the Republic of Korea at the Lake Placid International Ice Dance Competition this week, and is extremely proud to be skating with Yura Min. Lake Placid will be the new Ice Dance Team’s first competition together and an opportunity to debut there new programs for this coming season.

Yura and Daniel are coached by Igor Sphilband, Pasquale Camerlengo, Natalia Annenko Deller, Adrienne Lenda, and have been assisted by the Broadway Dance Center in NYC and Millennium Dance Complex in Hollywood, CA and are excited about their 2019/20 Rhythm Dance to "42nd Street". “It’s the part of little old New York, That runs into Times Square. A crazy quilt that “Wall Street Jack” built. If you’ve got a little time to spare” tune in tonight at the LPIDC Livestream Video and Yura and Daniel will take you there.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Diana Davis & Gleb Smolkin
RD: Everybody Wants To Be A Cat from The Aristocats soundtrack

From the Russian test skates

Last edited: