Anna Shcherbakova | Page 115 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

zounger

Medalist
Interesting short program for Anna, she did well both technically and PE, IN wise. The good with Anna, for me at least, is that she is giving the feeling that she is not maxed out yet. I think in 2 years she will be a lot better more strong, fast. The spins look also a bit better but she didn't do flying spin which was usually the traveling one. We will see in the free.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Anya's program was one of those I watched more than 2 times, to catch all the little details from her interpretation. Such a pleasure to watch, the misterious, dramatic style fits her like a glove, and everything, from the big moments of the program to the last details are well-thought and perfect for this music.

Her Perfume SP was one of the programs I waited the most at Test Skates, but it still exceeded all my expectations. Anya's musicality shines so bright through it, she is very expressive (there was a fan camera posted somewhere here on GS where her looks towards the judges were very visible; wow, what a fierce, meaningful look! ):luv17:

She is such a hardworker, she had one of the most visible progress over the summer. Her spins look more centered, the 3Lz+3Lo combo is back, her skating looks even more mature and polished. In her interviews she seems so grounded, realistic regarding her performances, and yet with a positive attitude towards the future. She has a very healthy attitude, and this will only help her.

I am so excited now to watch her FP! Can't wait!:yahoo:

NaVi

Medalist
I'm usually ok with first year seniors doing the tights over the boots... but I think she would really benefit for tucking the tights in aesthetically.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Anna's SP and FS were a revelation for me personally. I have always thought Anna to be the most artistic out of all the Eteri skaters, and these two programs just emphasize that point to me. I have never seen a lovelier Firebird! :love:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Anna is such a lovely skater, why team Tutberidze does not care about her tragic, non pointed toes is just BAFFLING to me!

I mean... just look at the difference :(
https://ice.edeaskates.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/photo-gallery/imported_from_media_libray/Alena-Kostornaia-3.jpg
https://sun6-14.userapi.com/c853528/v853528573/e6f37/qCql2W8V_aE.jpg

I am so distracted by it all the time :(

They care about it. Trust me, everything you see, they see too. They know about all the leg wraps of other students, they know about all the tiny details that are wrong too.

I’m sure Anna received feedback, I’m sure they are working on it, not every single thing can be applied and changed that fast.
Anna has improved her SS and quality of TR a lot over the summer. The perfection is hard to attain, but she’s getting there step by step, give her time :)

karina17

Final Flight

I love how effortlessly responsive to the music she is. Looking at the last three photos (all with the flame dress), you can tell exactly which part of the music she's responding to. In the first she is fierce and harsh in her face and body positioning, so you know that is when the music first changes to Firebird and the accents hit hard. In the second and third her face is more pained and her body language is more gentle and smooth, so you can tell that's during the finale when the music becomes dramatic but smoother and calmer than before. She is brilliant in her musicality.

For many other skaters you can post photos of them at any point in the skate and the face/body language will be too similar to tell which point of the skate it is. With Anna, it is obvious.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Anna's skating was inspired and the costume change was beautiful.... her team must have seen the very similar costume change done by Japan's ice dancers Muramoto & Reed in their last FD to Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence before they retired.. she starts the performance in a lovely pale hued green-red ombre chiffon dress then a pale pink silk dress embroidered with cherry blossoms falls over the chiffon during a music change... I had to watch a few times to catch the transition! Their skate and the change was mesmerizing..

kallirroe

On the Ice
Hi there! I think that i write first time here but in the edge forum , this post would probably be ignored with all this thing about scores once again :biggrin:

I have watched Anna for at least 2 years now and i must say that she wasnt my favourite. Last year she improved a lot , but again her programms didnt give me that connection with her.
BUUUT! This weekend , Anya was a REVELATION for me:luv17: Honestly , Russian skaters, for the last 5 year that i actively watch every sngle competition, tend to fail to connect their emotions to the music and actually communicate them to the audience. That of course is my point of view ( it is a feeling that i get from the russian culture in generall) and i dont make a generalisation but , usually, i get more connected with Japanese for example. Anya i think is one of these skaters that this year drives you into her programm, the music and her own emotions which are not exaggerated and not non-existed. I just didnt want her to stop skating. She progresses a lot in this summer and i feel her mature. A mature teenager that has found a way to express all this chaos in her age within art , within her body movement overall. Her programms are the best among Eteri girls, IMO and absolutely fit for her. Skating skills gorgeous, technical content is there, i really wish her an injury free season, a season with victories that will boost her confidence and give her time to grow more and see her for a more lot years.

And of course, the costume change was WOW! Almost jumped in my chair when i saw it :laugh:

kallirroe

On the Ice
Anna is such a lovely skater, why team Tutberidze does not care about her tragic, non pointed toes is just BAFFLING to me!

I mean... just look at the difference :(
https://ice.edeaskates.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/photo-gallery/imported_from_media_libray/Alena-Kostornaia-3.jpg
https://sun6-14.userapi.com/c853528/v853528573/e6f37/qCql2W8V_aE.jpg

I am so distracted by it all the time :(

To be honest, this is something that bothered me a lot last year, but i think that she has improved a bit in that this year :) Or maybe, the fact that she is holding the positions longer, gives this illusion of long beautiful lines and you dont bother that much for the pointed toes, IMO. I agree , tho, that lets give her time. She has improved that much and she will definitely improve that in time, but step by step. Things like that must not be rushed .

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
sorry but what differences between K and A ? Cant see

The difference is in the foot position, Anna's foot faces down, toepick towards the ice, while Alena points her toe and turns the toe pick from the ice.

To be honest, this is something that bothered me a lot last year, but i think that she has improved a bit in that this year :) Or maybe, the fact that she is holding the positions longer, gives this illusion of long beautiful lines and you dont bother that much for the pointed toes, IMO. I agree , tho, that lets give her time. She has improved that much and she will definitely improve that in time, but step by step. Things like that must not be rushed .

I really hope so! Her legs are long even though she is petite, she could looks so beautiful with a pointed toe and a turn out :luv17:

Oh and by the way I adore both her programs and her performing them :) she's very musical and a gifted performer :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anna's skating was inspired and the costume change was beautiful.... her team must have seen the very similar costume change done by Japan's ice dancers Muramoto & Reed in their last FD to Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence before they retired.. she starts the performance in a lovely pale hued green-red ombre chiffon dress then a pale pink silk dress embroidered with cherry blossoms falls over the chiffon during a music change... I had to watch a few times to catch the transition! Their skate and the change was mesmerizing..

Going from Satie into Stravinsky takes guts, and requires quality. That surprise trick with the dress, she rehearsed it many times, for of course it has to be perfect. And perfect it was, the audience gasped, stunned into silence before excited chatter broke loose and a bout of applause. A sure way to grab attention to your routine ;-) Well done, Gleikhengauz, and the seamstress of course too :)

And Anna is still the right age for such tricks, on adults it might look childish, on her it looks just right.