Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Okay, to me, the 4T looks underrotated, and the combo 4T and 3T maybe look borderline, but what I don't understand is why they scrutinized them so closely in the first place. Lots of skaters get away with pretty but underrotated jumps because they just don't catch enough attention to get reviewed. Not Yuzu, apparently. :sarcasm:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I thought I was past getting mad at the judges and scoring but NOPE. I'm pretty mad.
But Yuzu, was Yuzu- a class all his own. Even while being as underscored as it was possible to underscore a skater, he won by a huge margin.
And knowing the kind of skater and person he is, he'll use this to grow in ways that will astonish everyone.
Praying for continued health this season.
-I'm angrily eating a marmalade toast very early in the morning.

hanyuufan5

Medalist
Oh wow, I have crap internet and couldn't see the butterfly detail on the livestream. How utterly gorgeous. :luv17:

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it many times again: if there's figure skating in Heaven, I bet it looks like Yuzu.

yude

Record Breaker
Okay, to me, the 4T looks underrotated, and the combo 4T and 3T maybe look borderline, but what I don't understand is why they scrutinized them so closely in the first place. Lots of skaters get away with pretty but underrotated jumps because they just don't catch enough attention to get reviewed. Not Yuzu, apparently. :sarcasm:

To me, it was 4S looked underroated. If other jumps were called, other skaters' should have been called, too. About PCS, I don't even know what to say.

ankifeather

Final Flight
Orser is going to have Hanyu drilling skating skills back at TCC.

There was nothing wrong with his skating skills today, he was literally flying across the ice and a whole another level above all the other skaters. Speed and flow wise it was even better than Worlds.

And really, there truly is no UR on the 4Ts, no matter how many times you replay it.

The whole technical panel composed of Americans plus a Canadian and the judges brigade was also pro-North America - do more even need to be explained for the spiteful URs and PCS today?

hanyuufan5

Medalist
The whole technical panel composed of Americans plus a Canadian and the judges brigade was also pro-North America - does more even need to be explained for the spiteful URs and PCS today?

Whaaaat? The whole technical panel being from one continent shouldn't even be allowed, IMO.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I sometimes think Hanyu needs to take a chill pill. That kuyashii (sp?) might harm more than help in competitions.

ankifeather

Final Flight
Whaaaat? The whole technical panel being from one continent shouldn't even be allowed, IMO.

They are not going to be that strict on representation at a B Series competition like ACI, they would usually just staff the judges out of location convenience (so for Canada, this would be North American judges) to the extent not appointed by participating countries.

Which is why I don't understand why Hanyu loves going to ACI - I know it is so much more convenient... but still, he would be better off making the trip to another European competition. Which was why last year I was really happy he got two European stages in the GP.

pianistliz

On the Ice
So someone on the competition thread thought that Yuzu was overscored on both segments and Kevin should have challenged for gold with his performances. Also a couple people mentioning how he wasn't 100% into his performance and didn't deserve higher PCS than he got. But on this thread, the consensus is he was underscored, right? I have no figure skating experience myself, but aside from three of the jumps not being their best, it was my favorite Origin yet, and choreographically/artistically I felt it was even more defined and mature than Worlds. I'm so confused, am I just biased or did he really not do as well as I perceived? I watched it twice and loved it just as much the 2nd time. And his program was harder than the other medallists, right? I'm used to commentators calling out jumps and stuff during the performances so today I didn't follow the layouts of the competitors quite as well and I don't know what to think.

pianistliz

On the Ice
Also does an underrotation call count as a "major error that affects the PCS cap"? Or is it just falls/pops?

yude

Record Breaker
(about 3 URs)

"Were they underroted that much? Both 4T were underrotated? (it seems he hasn't checked the protocol yet here) Were they judged as UR at that rate? Not that 4Lo was underrotaed? Now I see why the score was not good...Axel-Toeloop, was it 3A3T? I thought I landed it as usual. As my sense, I don't have any problem in Toeloop, I don't think about it very seriously."

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/09/15/kiji/20190915s00079000158000c.html

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Since it really WASN'T under-rotated, I'm glad Yuzu isn't letting himself worry about it. It's the judges at fault. :dev2:

yude

Record Breaker
So someone on the competition thread thought that Yuzu was overscored on both segments and Kevin should have challenged for gold with his performances. Also a couple people mentioning how he wasn't 100% into his performance and didn't deserve higher PCS than he got. But on this thread, the consensus is he was underscored, right? I have no figure skating experience myself, but aside from three of the jumps not being their best, it was my favorite Origin yet, and choreographically/artistically I felt it was even more defined and mature than Worlds. I'm so confused, am I just biased or did he really not do as well as I perceived? I watched it twice and loved it just as much the 2nd time. And his program was harder than the other medallists, right? I'm used to commentators calling out jumps and stuff during the performances so today I didn't follow the layouts of the competitors quite as well and I don't know what to think.

Oh are they talking like that in competition thread? It's interesting we are seeing the same things but have different opinions. That is all I can say here :biggrin: And yes, his programs were way harder than the other medalists in this competition.