Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1247 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

esteticlove

Final Flight
I think her goal for the rest of the season should be to maximise her current layout. Which means, clean skating with no UR/falls and Level 4 on her spins. As a bonus, to improve the GOE on her elements, which I think is quite possible if she's stable. I think that she's having some speed problems at the moment. At test skates and in practice she's way faster than what she shows in a competition. I do think that the speed gives her more power to elevate and rotate her jumps fully but the problem is that they get unstable. And in competition she's almost stopping before jumping which probably gives her some security since that's the way she's always have been jumping, but it's harder to bring her changed body into 3 full rotations from a stand still.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that most probably this speed problem is more a psychological thing then a technical one.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I think her goal for the rest of the season should be to maximise her current layout. Which means, clean skating with no UR/falls and Level 4 on her spins. As a bonus, to improve the GOE on her elements, which I think is quite possible if she's stable. I think that she's having some speed problems at the moment. At test skates and in practice she's way faster than what she shows in a competition. I do think that the speed gives her more power to elevate and rotate her jumps fully but the problem is that they get unstable. And in competition she's almost stopping before jumping which probably gives her some security since that's the way she's always have been jumping, but it's harder to bring her changed body into 3 full rotations from a stand still.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that most probably this speed problem is more a psychological thing then a technical one.
The speed problem probably also has something to do with a jetlag mabye or that she is simply tired, I mean between test skate and autumn classics, there were only what? 72 hours? For her to fly back to Canada and try to not be jet lagged?

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
The speed problem probably also has something to do with a jetlag mabye or that she is simply tired, I mean between test skate and autumn classics, there were only what? 72 hours? For her to fly back to Canada and try to not be jet lagged?

She sure was tired during the FS yesterday, but what @esteticlove is saying is different. This is mostly noticeable with her axel. The difference between practice and competition is visible. She does get more tentative during competition, which is normal. Hopefully she truly is almost as confident as before like she said in her interview. :)

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
I'm so happy about how great Zhenya did considering how tired she must have been. Her SP is just sublime and her costume showcases her beautiful lines so nicely. I don't think I'll ever get tired of this program.

Her FS is lovely and shows great promise. As she gains the necessary stamina, I'm sure it will look sharper and more energetic. I'm so excited to watch it develop over the course of the season.

Zhenya's high scores despite the technical errors are a great sign that her ceiling is high. May she continue to be healthy, happy, and confident, and may we continue to believe in her :)

Briananing

On the Ice
I wonder how her layout would change too. I recall somebody sharing an interview where Brian made a hint at the quad being ready for Russian nationals. That would be a total power move honestly.
When did she started to train her quads officialy ? Because i remember Jun 4F training started last summer and then he paused it when the season begun to focus on his 4S and 4T. But then suprisingly he debuted his 4F today. So may be it s true that her 4S would be ready by national, even if it s not and she couldnt join in for worlds, it might be a blessing in disguise for her. Afterall the target is always been beijing 2022

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
When did she started to train her quads officialy ? Because i remember Jun 4F training started last summer and then he paused it when the season begun to focus on his 4S and 4T. But then suprisingly he debuted his 4F today. So may be it s true that her 4S would be ready by national, even if it s not and she couldnt join in for worlds, it might be a blessing in disguise for her. Afterall the target is always been beijing 2022

She started to train the Quad 1 1/2 months ago

melgirl25

Medalist
Rewatching the FS, I love the music cuts chosen for the FS. Med needs to attack the step sequence more, so hopefully we see that in future skates.

I also love the music in the chore sequence. It is so bright. Also lots of potential for some more moments.

asingingwife

Rinkside
I actually like the free program better as of ACI [emoji3] she is really putting a lot of thought into how she moves her hands. I've seen the movie a couple times, read the book etc. And its very thoughtful and purposeful even as she's coming into the jumps.

I'm not crazy about the exact places they cut the music but I think Evgenia can really grow into this program. :)

Wasn't crazy about the SP outfit at first but it's grown on me. It kind of looks like a beautiful fish if that makes sense lol

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
New story about a white dress on Instagram. Possibly exhibition dress?

That's what I first thought too. But I also thought about her recent interview comment:

But, sometimes, you post a photo in a burgundy coat, and people write: “Hmm, burgundy coat! Is this a hint of a new program? This is probably the color of your new dress. " No, it's just a burgundy bathrobe!

So maybe she's just trolling us :laugh: