Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 323 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I really need to go to bed, but I want to see it again and again and again...

buchjager

Rinkside
Too much voiceovers. There was more speech than actual music. Kinda disappointing because they are perfectly capable of expressing complex music. All that beautiful finely detailed choreo just to someone talking.

but this was the concept of this FD. they actually danced to the poem to the lyrics

Biloute

Spectator
Hello everybody, I just came here to say that I find this FD extraordinary. It's free, deep, so emotional. It's like a direct language. I love it.

Bcash

Final Flight
No wonder Marie-France said they had to check if the moves were "legal". They all blend together and push your idea of what a "x" element could look like. Are their sliding moves the one where they both touch the ice with their hands but Gabi stays on top of Guillaume?

icybear

Medalist
Hey, you falling out of the sky? :laugh:
We know this since yesterday, and that's the whole point: this is innovation! Hah, the horrible word! It means change. It's painful and scary, yes! But that's how life moves on!
Let's be eternally thankful that this time around they become world champions with it, while the Duchesnays were beaten up by some judges for their groundbreaking breathtaking programs. At least some good came from change! :biggrin:

We all know the judges will give them a new world record even if they skated to Old MacDonald had a farm:biggrin:. The program isnt exactly my cup of tea but if you think its "groundbreaking" and "breathtaking" skating to some guy talking then that's perfectly fine

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
We all know the judges will give them a new world record even if they skated to Old MacDonald had a farm:biggrin:. The program isnt exactly my cup of tea but if you think its "groundbreaking" and "breathtaking" skating to some guy talking then that's perfectly fine
The movements they do? Absolutely. Groundbreaking and breathtaking. If you don't like it, that's perfectly fine too! No other program has this, so you are the lucky one! :laugh:

Roast Toast

Medalist
Hello everybody, I just came here to say that I find this FD extraordinary. It's free, deep, so emotional. It's like a direct language. I love it.

Welcome to GS! Post more, post often... especially if it's to say nice things about Gabi and Guillaume in this thread! :biggrin:

Bcash

Final Flight
It would be great if Chris Dean could have some input some time in the season. To perhaps counter-balance Sam Chouniard's influence.

Roast Toast

Medalist
It would be great if Chris Dean could have some input some time in the season. To perhaps counter-balance Sam Chouniard's influence.

I thought it could have been a lot worse, considering (a certain someone's Dark Times program *shudders*). I'm pretty sure the only part of the program he was really involved in was the choreo step, which is an element that evolved a lot last season. I'm sure they will get feedback.

Rather than Chris Dean, I wish they had brought someone like Cirio back on board, more conversation with another dance discipline. H/K's FD this season is an example of a program where this 'outside look' is very noticeable.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I thought it could have been a lot worse, considering (a certain someone's Dark Times program *shudders*). I'm pretty sure the only part of the program he was really involved in was the choreo step, which is an element that evolved a lot last season. I'm sure they will get feedback.

Rather than Chris Dean, I wish they had brought someone like Cirio back on board, more conversation with another dance discipline. H/K's FD this season is an example of a program where this 'outside look' is very noticeable.

That program needs life and air, it's much too stiff, almost all their FD have this wooden, pretentious quality, courtesy of Zhulin. She did better programs with Adria but this is life for you

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
It's going to be stunning and I'm really interested in the process of improvement, from now to worlds. They are only fighting against themselves and my hope is that they won´t focus so much in the score (it will grow, nonetheless) so we can enjoy more freedom, at least for this season.

On a different note, sometimes I think there are too many teams at Gadbois, I see some weird influences: What's that at min. 1:00? Is that Madi's snake in P&C FD? :laugh:
https://youtu.be/bOmJbNUbKdU?t=59

peepsquick

Final Flight
I like this program a lot and it reflects their aesthetics. IF they had to consult with a choreographer, I personally would like them to work with Benoit Richaud.

Spot

On the Ice

That was magnificent...and for some reason even more effective with the sunlight (I think?). I think it's going to be a masterpiece when it's more polished, with the costumes and better camera angles etc.

My mom just watched with me and said you often can't really tell them apart...in the sense that they move as one unit or as a continuation of each other and it's true.