Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 324 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Bcash

Final Flight
I thought it could have been a lot worse, considering (a certain someone's Dark Times program *shudders*). I'm pretty sure the only part of the program he was really involved in was the choreo step, which is an element that evolved a lot last season. I'm sure they will get feedback.

Rather than Chris Dean, I wish they had brought someone like Cirio back on board, more conversation with another dance discipline. H/K's FD this season is an example of a program where this 'outside look' is very noticeable.

Who did HK's FD? Yeah a proper dancer would certainly be great. Cirio does have a lot of interest in contemporary stuff.

yuna13

On the Ice
In a different note, sometimes I think there are too many teams at Gadbois, I see some weird influences: What's that at min. 1:00? Is that Madi's snake in P&C FD? :laugh:
https://youtu.be/bOmJbNUbKdU?t=59

Well sam chouinard did work on C/B free this year! ;)
Clearly he did gabriella and guillaume character step sequence, i don't like it.

Peepsquick : GREAT IDEA. I would love to see them working with benoit.

Blue tang

Spectator
Hello everyone! I'm actually a huge fan of Gabriella and Guillaume. I've never posted here before, but I just couldn't resist this time. I just absolutely loved both of their performances this season and I can't wait to see how they'll shape up towards the end of the season!

cocotaffy

Final Flight
This literally left me speechless at first, I just didn't know what to think. Usually, I immediately jump on the computer and ramble on about their new programs but here, I needed to rewatch and collect my thoughts. I guess I expected something maybe more radical with much more slam and less music. So at first, I was kind of disappointed but upon rewatch, it is a beauty of a program. Very intense, very contained, very dense. So many intriguing moves and shapes and yet again, like in the RD, they finally move away from the program construction they've had for couple of seasons. The spin is at the end for instance and yes to Guillaume's camel position. What is their sliding move though ? Isn't it mandatory ? They touch the ice with their hands but isn't it enough to qualify as a sliding move ?
They have a set of exceptional programs this year and so radically different from each other. They offer the best out of the 80's with such a catchy tune one,two, three you want to start exercising with them and then, they offer you a whole experience with their FD. They've always been about creating a moment in time and mesmerizing audiences but this FD takes it to another level, much more cerebral and abstract.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Who did HK's FD? Yeah a proper dancer would certainly be great. Cirio does have a lot of interest in contemporary stuff.

They worked with Antonio Najarro, a very famous flamenco dancer in Spain. He's worked with figure skaters for a while now — you may be familiar with him from such programs as Lambiel's Poeta, Javi's Malagueña, or Anissina/Peizerat's Olys OD.

buchjager

Rinkside
rewatching the Fd: the last set of twizzles. if i am not mistaken, they did a different amount of rotations. gabby did 3 and guillaume 4. did anybody notice that or am I wrong. in the protocols, there was no call and the goe were +4/5 so they didn't notice a fault (it would be a huge fault )so I cannot be right.

yuna13

On the Ice
On ice perspectives is working on a clip of fame , you can see a sneak peek on his insta story.

I can't wait!:luv17:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
rewatching the Fd: the last set of twizzles. if i am not mistaken, they did a different amount of rotations. gabby did 3 and guillaume 4. did anybody notice that or am I wrong. in the protocols, there was no call and the goe were +4/5 so they didn't notice a fault (it would be a huge fault )so I cannot be right.

I can't remember the moment and haven't rewatched yet this morning, but by the time you get to the third block of twizzles levels have already been established, so it wouldn't have made an impact there. It would make a difference in GOE in an international competition, but...it's the Masters... :laugh:

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
What is their sliding move though ? Isn't it mandatory ? They touch the ice with their hands but isn't it enough to qualify as a sliding move ?
It's not necessarily mandatory:
Choreographic Elements
There should be 3 different choreographic elements in the Free Dance:

One (1) must be a Choreographic Character Step Sequence.
The other two (2) can be a

• Choreographic Lift
  • Choreographic Spinning Movement
  • Choreographic Twizzling Movement
  • or Choreographic Sliding Movement.
But the protocols clearly list that they do one, and it will have to be that moment when they put their hands on the ice. Suppose they got that cleared by the technical panel before doing it, so it will count as that...

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I suppose we all noticed immediately that something went wrong on the 3rd set! They'll smoothen that out in time for the GP! ;)

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
We all know the judges will give them a new world record even if they skated to Old MacDonald had a farm:biggrin:.
Well, let's all be happy that the judges are still giving medals for the quality of skating and not for the choice of music! :laugh:

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I just absolutely love this FD. I can understand why others might not like it, but for me it’s definitely pushing the boundaries, as another poster said - like the Duscheneys.

Expressing the words like they do through their movement and getting the emotions across is just incredible. It takes skill to pull that off. Scottish Ballet did a performance to Dylan Thomas poems narrated by Richard Burton and it was one of the best things I’ve seen in my life. This reminded me of that - pure art. And I’ve not been crazy about their last three FDs - while obviously a class above the rest, I wasn’t as excited by them like I used to be, because of the similar style, but this has definitely excited me!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I just absolutely love this FD. I can understand why others might not like it, but for me it’s definitely pushing the boundaries, as another poster said - like the Duscheneys.

Expressing the words like they do through their movement and getting the emotions across is just incredible. It takes skill to pull that off. Scottish Ballet did a performance to Dylan Thomas poems narrated by Richard Burton and it was one of the best things I’ve seen in my life. This reminded me of that - pure art. And I’ve not been crazy about their last three FDs - while obviously a class above the rest, I wasn’t as excited by them like I used to be, because of the similar style, but this has definitely excited me!

Except this isn't Dylan Thomas.

Look, I actually really like goodly chunks of the actual dance. I'm all for them pushing the envelope, and they certainly are pushing it. But that overlaid spoken word piece is so corny that if you heat it, it would pop.

Well early days. Let's see how it develops. And I'll try to stop writing parodies of its spoken word passages in my head (which I started doing about 1/3rd of the way through a first viewing).

max bensen

Spectator
No doubt about these two...such je ne sais quoi:) Remind me of the French theorists I devoured as a teenager...forever stretching & innovating:) Fame I'm trying to love but this took my breath away:pray:

Bcash

Final Flight
Except this isn't Dylan Thomas.

Look, I actually really like goodly chunks of the actual dance. I'm all for them pushing the envelope, and they certainly are pushing it. But that overlaid spoken word piece is so corny that if you heat it, it would pop.

Well early days. Let's see how it develops. And I'll try to stop writing parodies of its spoken word passages in my head (which I started doing about 1/3rd of the way through a first viewing).

I agree. One spot actually made me cringe. I think it was that “how can I forget you” part lol.

I think Guillaume can be such a young emo boy in his music taste. This shows.

LaArdilla

Medalist
But that overlaid spoken word piece is so corny that if you heat it, it would pop.

OMG, OMG, that's the funniest thing I have read today, may I please write it down and remember for later use? :laugh:

Luckily they dance on the ice so hopefully they will never cross the "popping" line. ;) :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:slink: I hope they have the 'poem' translated into French, so I could ignore it while they dance! Tough for those of you who speak French though.