Young You | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Young You

maea14

On the Ice
YOUNG JUST SKATED A PHENOMENAL SP AT SKATE CANADA AND THIS THREAD IS STILL QUIET?!?! :yay: I’m so happy to see that she proved herself so well here. Hoping for a great free as well!

ikr.. people here never really like the hype around young you.. and I think the people here like eunsoo more.. but I've been rooting for young eversince

LynsJ

On the Ice
She was the standout in this group for me! A breath of fresh air. I loved her costume, thought she sold the program and to be honest she came out of nowhere for me. [emoji178]

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Wow! Young You was on fiyaah!
I'm so proud my Korean bbs are doing so well (medal or no medal) because a few years back, no korean lady was like podium contender. And now there are several of them who could actually medal.
I hope she gets more confident and lands her 3As and quads.
Goodluck in the free!

moonstruck

On the Ice
Congratulations Young!! It's great to see her improving and being able to podium at this event :) if only she would get a second assignment now...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Very good skate, even with a fall she'sachieved a great score. And staying on that podium is a great deal for her. Even if wouldn't receive the second entry I hope she will be one of two Koreans in Worlds.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Young scored 217+, which would win her many a senior B and an almost guaranteed podium at another GP if she repeated that score. Very frustrating to see her get Osmond'd like this, but hopefully it'll inspire her to keep moving up the WS so she's guaranteed two spots next year. Also, if only the ISU would do something about her getting repeatedly sidelined...

gotoschool

Medalist
I really enjoyed Young You's long program performance. She has expressive artistry especially with her flowing arm movements with fine lines and posture, beautiful jumps overall, expansive rink coverage, and impressive skating skills with real smooth speed. I like the multiple changes in moods, expression and tempo, along with her spread eagle transitioning into a triple loop and Biellmann, the wonderful Ina Bauer, and the arabesque spiral transitioning into a camel spin ending with her grasping for the sky at the end of Don't Cry for Me Argentina at the end of her program.

maea14

On the Ice
Young scored 217+, which would win her many a senior B and an almost guaranteed podium at another GP if she repeated that score. Very frustrating to see her get Osmond'd like this, but hopefully it'll inspire her to keep moving up the WS so she's guaranteed two spots next year. Also, if only the ISU would do something about her getting repeatedly sidelined...

i don't even know why they only assigned her with one GP.. she can do better if only given a chance.. nothing against Eunsoo getting assign with 2 GP :unsure:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Young You!!! How accurate was my prediction, I predicted her bronze here after Rika and Sasha, and boy was I not wrong! Congratulations for an amazing debut, beautiful 3A in the short and first GP medal on her first ever event!

randomfan

Record Breaker
i don't even know why they only assigned her with one GP.. she can do better if only given a chance.. nothing against Eunsoo getting assign with 2 GP :unsure:

That's not how the GP works. Eunsoo was guaranteed two spots from the start because she was in the top 12 at Worlds. Young was selected by Skate Canada to skate at their event from her SB ranking, and likewise can only get a second spot if one of the other federations choose her to skate at their event. KSU has no direct power whatsoever over her spots (if that's what you're referring to). Of course there's politicking but that's a different story.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
That's not how the GP works. Eunsoo was guaranteed two spots from the start because she was in the top 12 at Worlds. Young was selected by Skate Canada to skate at their event from her SB ranking, and likewise can only get a second spot if one of the other federations choose her to skate at their event. KSU has no direct power whatsoever over her spots (if that's what you're referring to). Of course there's politicking but that's a different story.

Actually she wasn’t guaranteed even 1 event, she was neither in 24 Sb, nor in WS. I was even doubting she would get a single spot. So 1 spot was pretty good at the time, but now since many have withdrawn, I’m kinda getting annoyed she doesn’t have 2. Especially after her medal at SC.

pete

On the Ice
I don't get why China wouldn't invite her, they don't even have a Top Lady to protect. She really would have a chance to beat Liza there , get a silver and make the final.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Yes YY getting one GP was good consedering she olny skated junior before and never really had any stand out skates there (I dont remember her ever medaling on the JGP). I do however think that now that several skaters have withdrawn and she has had several good skates this season she should get Tursynbayevas spot at China. We need to remember that Eunsoo only had one GP spot for quite a long time last year as well. If nothing else she has proved her worth this year and should be a real competitor at 4CC and worlds and if she skates good ther she will get 2 spots for next year. Currently 6th in the SB list.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
So proud of You for finally having her moment. She has been working so hard! She finally landed that 3A with positive GOE!!! Wuhu. Also love her Free program although I miss her Pirates program, it was so special :) she is so charming.
Her 3+3s are still to die for, just lovely

Briananing

On the Ice
I think she needs to choose a better music for next season though. I was worried for her SP, but she actually performed it very well. The LP though was a bit luckluster. The music was a bit too grown up for her and a bit too snoozefest and depressing somehow. I dont get why they didnt choose more upbeat music for her first season. She has fire and she is best at doing that kind of music.