Alina Zagitova | Page 977 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
The bright side..Alina skated like a queen today! Calm, composed, very expressive in her performance. Also the dress and make-up are gorgeous and make her stand-out on the ice. It melts my heart to watch her performing. And she received her scores with so much grace and elegance! :luv17:

The not so bright side...you all said it before me: the call on the Lz is purely imagined, the -5GOE on the combo is a bad joke, and the time violation...I did not see this coming.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I mean I guess it wasn't completely clean Alina's SP but I still don't get why she got a deduction 🤷*♀️ but I am actually feeling okay about both Alina's and Aliona's programmes. They could be improved a little but overall I think they were quite good and I am pretty satisfied with today. I must say, I was extremely pleased with how Mariah Bell did, I thought her performance was great and she skated well [emoji108] she's my fav American skater so I am happy [emoji4]

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I mean I guess it wasn't completely clean Alina's SP but I still don't get why she got a deduction 🤷*♀️ but I am actually feeling okay about both Alina's and Aliona's programmes. They could be improved a little but overall I think they were quite good and I am pretty satisfied with today. I must say, I was extremely pleased with how Mariah Bell did, I thought her performance was great and she skated well [emoji108] she's my fav American skater so I am happy [emoji4]
Please could someone explain why Alina got a deduction? Thanks

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Her short program music was over the time limit of 2 min 50 seconds. It's more of the fault of her coaching team than her, so we know this will be fixed right away.

One second? How is this even measured? Was there a whistle before the music, some hiss or whatever? During practices, music running time is called out loud, so? Anybody recorded practices and is able to confirm the call and the timing?

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice

Wow Alina is so beautiful!!

I love the step sequence in her short program so much!! The timing with the music is so good! Alina emotes so well during her short program, you can really see the passion throughout her whole body. Her artistic growth during the off season is amazing!! I am sure that she will nail the loop combo in the free program!! I loved watching her interactions with Daniil and Sergei in the kiss and cry. You can really see how close she is with her team. Good luck in the free program Alina!!:hap10:

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I'm still not that keen on Alina's SP music [emoji51] I didn't like it at the test skates and I'm still not warming to it...

esteticlove

Final Flight
I don't know... from the Test Skates and Japan Open she seemed to be in good shape. The practise sessions from France showed the same. I still believe that the problem with the combination was just a fluke, it seemed as if she was kind of hesitating for a second going into the lutz. I hope she can skate clean in her free, no matter the placement.

zounger

Medalist
The time violation is because she took more than 30 seconds to take her position since her name announced. I counted 31 sec and the panel could have started the music earlier anyway. The program is 2'50 long, there is no violation there.

As for the Lutz ... what to say ... they stigmatized a skater that never had the wrong edge and neither had now. I guess they did their job.

paji15

On the Ice
I prefer 3Lz-3T with good flow than 3Lz-3lo. Probably she gets better score too.

Her Lz-Lo is usually good. During warm up it was superb. No need to degradation. This sometime happen tp everyone with every jump. She barely get under on Lo and that Lz would be still the same. No need to dramatized it. She’s person, mistakes happen.

Plus her edge was flet if anything, so it was supposed to be ! and not e ... just look at the photos.

Finley

Record Breaker
One second? How is this even measured? Was there a whistle before the music, some hiss or whatever? During practices, music running time is called out loud, so? Anybody recorded practices and is able to confirm the call and the timing?

This is a memory from ages ago - Michelle Kwan at the WCs was skating to "The Feeling Begins" (irony!) for her short program. She got a time violation for not finishing on time. First time that season. Raf was her coach. I remember him being pissed. Michelle wasn't thrilled either. I don't remember the year right off the top of my head.

If it's a time issue with this program better fix it now than have it pop up at a competition like Euros or Worlds. You can bet it won't happen again after this!

- - - Updated - - -

This was before Sergei saw the marks, I think :laugh:

Absolutely! :laugh2:

bewitched

On the Ice
Hi guys! Today was quite the eventful day! My friend and I just got back to the hotel and had a healthy dinner from McDonalds :D

We went to the training session of the ladies and it was very interesting to watch how Alyona and Alina were warming up - gradually increasing the difficulty of the jumps until they reach 3A /3Lz3Lo. I made a few blurry photos so it isn't worth uploading them but it was nice seeing the skaters from so close.

During the pairs training I accidentally bumped into Alina! She was in a hurry, carrying her luggage and going down some stairs - I just shouted 'Alina' and waved happily and she stopped for a second, looked back to me and then kept going. I think she was pretty much focused on the coming competition and that's why she ignored everything around her, which is probably a good strategy.

Then the competition started. The men were not perfect but I quite enjoyed them. The Ice dance was pretty good.

Then... GUYS guess what! I got interviewed by 1tv!!! About Alina!!!!
It was thanks to one sweet Russian who told the reporter that I was from Bulgaria! They asked me why Alina is my favourite skater, how do I support her etc. I don't know if my part will be broadcast but I hope it would be.
The other Team Zagitova fans were really nice and friendly! I felt warmth in this little group that met in the resurfacing pause.

Then...the ladies! Alyona was angelic. The 3A was like flying! I thought the marks were pretty low, then I saw the outrageous protocols. Same for Alina, the 3Lz3Lo seemed normal to me and then those marks came and this ruined a bit the mood for me. But you know what, I am sure that Team Tutberidze will get fired up for the free skate tomorrow and they both will do perfectly.