Alina Zagitova | Page 1013 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Scott512

Record Breaker
The Russian Ladies thread is almost becoming unbearable to read with all of the stuff being said about Alina. I am glad this thread is still so nice and welcoming. People are completely tearing this whole situation apart. Alina was injured, so her and her team did not want her to skate the gala because nationals is in two weeks. Alina was almost crying because I am sure that she wanted to perform and have fun with the other skaters. Is it really that hard to figure out? I am not trying to be mean or anything but I just don’t understand why people are overanalyzing this and spreading crazy rumors.

Yes GVO the Russian ladies thread can be hard to read from time to time and the over analyzation of Alinas poor free skate is ridiculous. The passion that some people have against this great girl is unbelievable. Alina needs to rest up for a week or so and then have a week or so of good practices before rusnats.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Yes GVO the Russian ladies thread can be hard to read from time to time and the over analyzation of Alinas poor free skate is ridiculous. The passion that some people have against this great girl is unbelievable. Alina needs to rest up for a week or so and then have a week or so of good practices before rusnats.

I don't think the passion is against Alina herself.
Some folks just NEED their dire predictions about Eteri "ruining" and/or "discarding" her to come true.

I don't know what Alina will eventually do.
But I think it would be funny if she retired at say, age 33.

I'm sure somebody here will say "See - I TOLD you Alina would retire" :laugh:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Popping in here between multiple rolling blackouts to say I wanted to hug Alina in the Kiss and Cry, and that I hope she feels better soon, after that fall. It must be hard for her to be faced with the 3A as they wipe the floor with everyone, but she is a beautiful skater, and when she is on form, she is indeed the "incomparable Alina Zagitova".

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
God I really hope not doing her exhibition was Alina's choice and she wasn't forced to pull out by Eteri because I wouldn't put it past her. In the video when she was waiting to give her short speech, she looked very upset and sad like she didn't want to be there :((

I don't think Alina was forced to withdraw, especially not by Eteri. At least here we should not start the "evil Eteri" mantra... and of course she was devastated, because as a perfectionist, she always wants to please her fans and do her best and she just wasn't able to do that this time...

AkikoNana

Rinkside
I’m so glad to see how much love fans are spreading for her...just look at her IG page! Luckily, after all that Medvegitova drama, many people learned the lesson: fighting haters with love (both girl’s fan learned it). I think that, most of all, she now need to feel everyone’s love. Maybe her decision about the future will be influenced by warm hugs of who loves her

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I’m so glad to see how much love fans are spreading for her...just look at her IG page! Luckily, after all that Medvegitova drama, many people learned the lesson: fighting haters with love (both girl’s fan learned it). I think that, most of all, she now need to feel everyone’s love. Maybe her decision about the future will be influenced by warm hugs of who loves her

Yes, more than 4 thousand replies to Alina's post. It shows how loved she is, and not because constant victories, but because Alina is nice, intelligent, humble and beautiful young lady.

zounger

Medalist
So they did the closing banquet in the Egyptian Museum in Turin? nice iniciative, a great museum. We all know who was the living queen there...

egoshina

On the Ice
So they did the closing banquet in the Egyptian Museum in Turin? nice iniciative, a great museum. We all know who was the living queen there...

I hope she went! So far no pics emerged...

But yes, it's undeniable who's the queen :)

paji15

On the Ice
yes Alina is not big but she's much more muscular than she used to be had much bigger than 3A.
Yeah of course she is, she was not as tinny as them even at the Olympic. But I simply refuse to hear she is *too big* to land Quad. As she said, she must lost like 3kg for its safety, which her team probably know the best, as much as I'm not a fan of weight loss, 3kg is not a disaster in her case, if they think it is for the best then they know better. Anyway, if the loose those kgs, the still will be the same, not like 3A. She just matured but that doesnt mean she cant land it. 3A will matured too, if they will be lucky then not untill Olympic, but no one can guarantee that. You need muscles to land those jumps.

I dont get this mentality. Of course its hard to learn quads later, not only body wise but also mentaly, but years ago the same discussion was about triples. Triples was new and seen as for young girls, now everybody has them. She is able to do all jumps of her era but she is young enough and athleticaly strong enough to go for bigger difficulty it too. She still has the hardest layout without 3A or Quad. I seriously dont get why people are that much questioning her body..... IT IS GOOD ENOUGH to do whatever she wants to do. Yes when person is lighter its easier cause otherwise he or she need more muscles for more power but she has that. She is able to do combos in the end and jumps out of nowhere from crazy entries, she sure is able to do quad at the beging with an easier one. If she will land it even if she try is a different story but her body is not a limit. Look at the gymnastic those girls are flying high and are definitelly not as skinny as figure skaters. Seriously people should wake up and stop shaming or questioning figure skating girls for their bodies.

And to make it clear this is in general not at all attack on you Scott :)

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
The Russian Ladies thread is almost becoming unbearable to read with all of the stuff being said about Alina. I am glad this thread is still so nice and welcoming. People are completely tearing this whole situation apart. Alina was injured, so her and her team did not want her to skate the gala because nationals is in two weeks. Alina was almost crying because I am sure that she wanted to perform and have fun with the other skaters. Is it really that hard to figure out? I am not trying to be mean or anything but I just don’t understand why people are overanalyzing this and spreading crazy rumors.

It was a wise decision because I want to see her compete at the nationals.

Withdrawing is not Alina’s type because she could do it before the competition but she decided to fight to not disappoint her fans. It’s only exhibition, I don’t understand why people are angry. She popped her free and so what ? Italy is a curse and Japan is a lucky charm

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yeah. Alina and Rika are same age but Alina was eligible a year earlier, which mean she was prepared to win Olympic. Quads came after her. She was doing Lz-Loop combo and all jumps in second half. She was prepared for that. On the other hand, Rika competed one year with Sasha. When you compare the two of them, Alina’s skating is like 10 times more mature (with all respect to Rika).

For sure her body is strong enough to jump quad. She had of course different body than 3A, but she wa never as tiny as e.g. Annya, but she is still very tiny girl, but so mascular. She is still able to fo Lz-Loop combo, or add more Loops after that. I don’t see her body as limit, just see at Liza (which skating is of course different, she is concentrate on jumps and prepping for it big part of program). But body is one thing, head the other. And that doesn’t mean id she is not able to do it, she is mentaly weak. Not at all. It’s just so complex, you must get used to it falling a lot in prsctice again and so many things. That’s not easy.

In my opinion, she will try, because she’s fighter. Maybe we will find out maybe not. And in the proces she’ll see how it goes Andy if it’s worthy.

If she will not make a team this year, it doesn’t have to be all bad for her. She will have time to try those jumps in quite setting, not under pressure to have her programs ready for competition at the same time.

Alina Rika are at different points in their careers even though they're almost the same age. Rika as wonderful and adorable as she is often bombs one of her programs because of the difficulty of them and the triple axles and now she's trying to add a quad. Alina realizes that' without a doubt and I think she will hesitate on learning quads in particular. I think a triple axel is possible because her legs are so much stronger than they used to be. To me Alina looks so much bigger than her younger teammates. Puberty may not be affecting her the way it has nastya or Sofia but growing bigger and stronger has happened to Alina and she's dealing with it. Rika on the other hand is not being hurt by puberty.

I don't think she should skate Russian Nationals unless she's one hundred percent healthy. That is going to be a torturous advance for some of the ladies. I do not want that. For the reigning world champion and Olympic champion. So if she's not feeling good and ready to go she shouldn't. I would like to say it's a simple as that but we know it is not.

Alina's message from her own ig:

The Grand Prix Final is over and it was a great honour to be among the strongest skaters of the world.

THANK YOU to my fans; I saw your nume

Yeah of course she is, she was not as tinny as them even at the Olympic. But I simply refuse to hear she is *too big* to land Quad. As she said, she must lost like 3kg for its safety, which her team probably know the best, as much as I'm not a fan of weight loss, 3kg is not a disaster in her case, if they think it is for the best then they know better. Anyway, if the loose those kgs, the still will be the same, not like 3A. She just matured but that doesnt mean she cant land it. 3A will matured too, if they will be lucky then not untill Olympic, but no one can guarantee that. You need muscles to land those jumps.

I dont get this mentality. Of course its hard to learn quads later, not only body wise but also mentaly, but years ago the same discussion was about triples. Triples was new and seen as for young girls, now everybody has them. She is able to do all jumps of her era but she is young enough and athleticaly strong enough to go for bigger difficulty it too. She still has the hardest layout without 3A or Quad. I seriously dont get why people are that much questioning her body..... IT IS GOOD ENOUGH to do whatever she wants to do. Yes when person is lighter its easier cause otherwise he or she need more muscles for more power but she has that. She is able to do combos in the end and jumps out of nowhere from crazy entries, she sure is able to do quad at the beging with an easier one. If she will land it even if she try is a different story but her body is not a limit. Look at the gymnastic those girls are flying high and are definitelly not as skinny as figure skaters. Seriously people should wake up and stop shaming or questioning figure skating girls for their bodies.

And to make it clear this is in general not at all attack on you Scott :)

No offense taken.

We don't know if Alina with that Schlatter syndrome in her left knee can withstand years of quad attempts. I'm also dubious of her losing six or seven pounds and even wanting to lose six or seven pounds to give a serious attempt to quads. Would that even be healthy for a girl who probably weighs 105 lb at the most? These are the things that are unknown to everyone except a Alina herself. Whatever she wants to do or not do I fully support her for her decisions. I also think when you are already one of the greats of your sport there might not be in need for her to put the physical pressure on herself to do quads and lose the weight to do quads. Quads are risky and we don't know how long we will have Anna and Sasha at a high level and they punish their tiny bodies every day in practice. Alina knows this as well. What I want to know is her double axel big enough to do a triple axel especially since her legs are much stronger than they used to be?

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Yes, more than 4 thousand replies to Alina's post. It shows how loved she is, and not because constant victories, but because Alina is nice, intelligent, humble and beautiful young lady.

It's more than 5K now - a lot more than she got after her amazing victory at the WC'19; just shows that her true fans support her when she needs it most.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
And I think this shows she has put her GPF misfortune behind her and looks forwards to the future. Again a little sadder, but much wiser as to what needs to be done and what she needs to let go of.

No breaks for any of the most Awesome And Amazing Aces, the younger girls all said in their interviews it is straight back into training for the National Championships. Which means they'll be at the rink tomorrow morning sharp, perhaps even tonight already for some stretching, physiotherapy/massage and light PE.

Will Alina have rehearsals for the Navka show or any commercial/promotional activities in between?