WADA Compliance Review Committee / RUSADA | Page 12 | Golden Skate

WADA Compliance Review Committee / RUSADA

Deripashka

On the Ice
More or less same as clear russian sportsmen to this case = both will suffer from consequences despite they did nothing wrong.

Big Deal

Final Flight
If Russian Federation cannot be represented in World and Olympic it seems to me logic that (even clean athletes can go after investigation) officials , judges, technical controllers etc. cannot be invited because they are representing their Federation not individuals. Are there any news about THIS?
When ISU decides judges they decides the COUNTRIES, and than the respective Federation nominates the judge by name.

thedude

On the Ice
Aren't conspiracy theories forbidden here? I may believe that the aliens abduct people. If you are interested I may refer you to the sites that discuss it.

Nice try... if only you read the article you would've noticed that a well respected Russian company, Kaspersky, didn't exactly exonerate Russia of committing the cyber attack. One might even conclude from the article that the Russian security expert chose not explicitly name who he thought committed the attack because... well, we probably can assume it would be bad for business.

YagsFan

On the Ice
Stepanova and Bukin, as well as some fans, know very well why they were banned. The Russian Federation knows that as well. It wasn't exactly their fault, but they know what happened.

Honestly curious (and clueless) here; would you care to share what you seem to know?

beachmouse

On the Ice
Russian anti-doping chief Yuri Ganus is being reported as sayin that he really does not think an appeal to CAS will be successful

https://swimswam.com/rusada-head-ganus-no-chance-of-winning-appeal-on-russian-olympic-ban/

(Swim Swam, despite the kind of goofy name, is a reliable source of information in that sport)

I think we've seen a change in the past year or three when it comes to momentum from within Russia to push harder for clean sport with people like Ganus and Maria L. speaking up so strongly in the press. And that the sanctions were crafted in a way to try to help that 'side' of Russian sport to push out those whose actions have harmed many clean Russian athletes.

Sadly the bad element in many Russian sports is well entrenched and there remains much work to be done in sports like athletics. I hope that this helps in digging out the badly acting old guard and that Russia will succeed in getting its act together. They have the ability to make so many sport so much fun to watch. (I will to the end remain a huge Pavel Datsyuk fan for one)

Corwin

On the Ice
Country
Russia
"Doping Violations

To date, the Intelligence and Investigations Department has identified and forwarded prospective ADRV cases to the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) (41 athletes), United World Wrestling (1 athlete), World Taekwondo (2 athletes) and the International Canoe Federation (ICF) (1 athlete). Of the 41 cases provided to the IWF, 12 athletes have
been “notified” of ADRV proceedings and provisionally suspended. Notably, upon review of the case, the ICF has declined to purse an ADRV against the athlete.

The Intelligence and Investigations Department has also provided the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) with the data of all IAAF athletes, including that of the 66 IAAF athletes included in the Target Pool. Two cases have also been commenced by the International Biathlon Union (IBU) against two athletes outside of the Target Group.17 The Intelligence and
Investigations Department are assisting the IBU in this regard. The targeted reanalysis of samples retrieved from the Moscow Laboratory as part of the Reinstatement Conditions has, to date, resulted in 14Adverse Analytical Findings (AAFs) from 94 samples reanalysed. The 14 AAFs come from three International Federations. Results Management of the 14 AAFs is being undertaken by RUSADA with the close assistance of the Intelligence and Investigations Department.

Conclusion

Taken in its totality, the above evidence is capable of establishing, to the required standard of proof, that the Moscow Data was intentionally altered prior and during to it being forensically copied by WADA. To this end, the Reinstatement Conditions are not fulfilled in that the Moscow Data is neither a complete nor authentic copy."

---

Assuming that this is true, it is a mistake of just one federation and a few athlete in a few sports. A mighty state program...lol :laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
"Doping Violations

To date, the Intelligence and Investigations Department has identified and forwarded prospective ADRV cases to the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) (41 athletes), United World Wrestling (1 athlete), World Taekwondo (2 athletes) and the International Canoe Federation (ICF) (1 athlete). Of the 41 cases provided to the IWF, 12 athletes have
been “notified” of ADRV proceedings and provisionally suspended. Notably, upon review of the case, the ICF has declined to purse an ADRV against the athlete.

The Intelligence and Investigations Department has also provided the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) with the data of all IAAF athletes, including that of the 66 IAAF athletes included in the Target Pool. Two cases have also been commenced by the International Biathlon Union (IBU) against two athletes outside of the Target Group.17 The Intelligence and
Investigations Department are assisting the IBU in this regard. The targeted reanalysis of samples retrieved from the Moscow Laboratory as part of the Reinstatement Conditions has, to date, resulted in 14Adverse Analytical Findings (AAFs) from 94 samples reanalysed. The 14 AAFs come from three International Federations. Results Management of the 14 AAFs is being undertaken by RUSADA with the close assistance of the Intelligence and Investigations Department.

Conclusion

Taken in its totality, the above evidence is capable of establishing, to the required standard of proof, that the Moscow Data was intentionally altered prior and during to it being forensically copied by WADA. To this end, the Reinstatement Conditions are not fulfilled in that the Moscow Data is neither a complete nor authentic copy."

---

Assuming that this is true, it is a mistake of just one federation and a few athlete in a few sports. A mighty state program...lol :laugh:

Apparently you missed the word "samples." This are analyses of samples, not of every case.

In any case, ONE athlete doping in ONE sport is more than enough to cause concern. In this particular case, you have almost 15% of the sample cases where data has appeared to have been tampered with. Would you be ok with 15% of another country's athletes having their testing data altered to hide probable cheating?

Oy veh. The rationalizations are getting pathetic.

beachmouse

On the Ice
Weightlifting is currently the most troubled sport out there right now in terms of doping violations, and the IOC is putting lots of pressure on the IWF to clean it up, even threatening to pull the sport from the Olympics altogether because of so many positive tests at the Games. I'm pretty sure that Russia is either banned next time around anyways in that sport of down to one quota spot anyways because of past violations. Along with something like a dozen+ other nations who have similar or worse records like Thailand and Egypt. (Thailand was not allowed to compete in the 2019 WCs in the event despite hosting it because of excess violations)

We're reaching the point where the weightlifting in Tokyo will consist of three random Belgians who took a wrong turn looking for the Stella Artois hospitality house and a couple of folks from the Faroe Islands who CAS forced the entry for because of the Great Danish Flag Kerfluffle of April, 2020.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Considering what high ranking Russian officials (Putin Himself included) said, Russia will use ROC not being banned as a mean to push for keeping Russian flag and in CAS,main focus will be proving that Banning flag of NOCs from Olympics is violation of Olympic charter.

Also probably some diplomatic channels will be used to influence CAS who (at least,in Russia) is seen more of European dominated body whereas WADA is seen as Anglosphere controlled.

P.S Comparing future ISU decision to IAAF model of dealing Russian athletes is wrong, with all due respect to Russian track and field athletes they are nowhere as important for world track and field as Russian skaters are to ISU. Most likely ISU will support RusFed as much as they can, similarly how IHF is doing everything they can to support Russian Hockey.

Also, Host of next winter olympics is China which is close ally of Russia and will probably help out Russian sports as much us possible.

Flutzel

Rinkside
I believe the sages of old had a wise poverb for situations like this and it goes: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

RUSADA knows their data was bollocks, Yury Ganus has admitted as much ( https://www.euronews.com/2019/12/09...ian-anti-doping-agency-ceo-reacts-to-wada-ban ). Now him and his vice president flirt with blaming it on state officials (http://www.rfi.fr/en/wires/20191204-yury-ganus-russias-anti-doping-tsar-who-accuses-moscow ; the WADA seems to agree by putting a lot of emphasis on wanting the RUSADA to be allowed to work independently https://www.rt.com/sport/475386-rusada-effective-yuri-ganus-wada-ban/ ). Ganus might be lying to protect his own agency (in which case the RUSADA is absolutely useless), or he might not be (in which case the problem is worse and systematic in a whole different way because it's happening on even higher political levels), but these are pretty much the two options here because the problem isn't some single athlete doping, it's the high-level manipulation of lots and lots of data. I don't see how the WADA can expect Russia to properly check whether their athletes are clean under these circumstances and so, I think the sanctions are fair because why should the Russian athletes be the only ones systematically allowed to have the chance to engage in doping if they want to? (Which is what allowing things to continue as they are would effectively mean, as the RUSADA either won't or can't engage with the WADA on fair grounds.) The RUSADA, or the Russian state, whoever is responsible for the manipulations, has failed their clean Russian athletes completely, it's as simple as that.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
So we are yet for another horrible Olympics.

Seriously, I think countries that do not rank free on the freedom house report and countries with problematic human rights records should not be able to host Olympics. Crooks helping each other undermines the Olympic spirit.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
So we are yet for another horrible Olympics.

Seriously, I think countries that do not rank free on the freedom house report and countries with problematic human rights records should not be able to host Olympics. Crooks helping each other undermines the Olympic spirit.

Freedom House,yeah, yeah, very credible organization, why not Amnesty International ? Why bother, just say it, every Olympics should be Held in a NATO country + Japan and maybe South Korea.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Let's not forget Viktor Ahn who also didn't get an invite for reasons unknown. Considering the fact he once competed for South Korea before switching to Russia and his success with them it smacked of sour grapes and revenge for changing countries.

I seem to remember (but I cannot prove it anymore) that the official reason for not inviting (not banning) Ivan Bukin and Ksenia Stolbova was in Ivan's case that he needs to take medication for a chronic condition affecting his ears/sinus, which is not on the doping list per se, but they said they needed to be absolutely sure that somebody is 100% clean, which they said they weren't in his case.

As for Ksenia, they said she had given an address where she would be for a doping test and then was not there when the officials arrived.

Even if the situations above were true, it goes without saying that this is utter nonsense and absolutely no reason to exclude someone from the Olympics who otherwise has never been accused of doing anything wrong.
It was part of the witch-hunt at the time and I'm afraid that it might be even worse this time around. I'm still in disbelief that they actually dared to impose a ban of that scale.
I hope and pray that any hot-blooded Russian fan at international events will wave the biggest flags they have and sing the national anthem on top of their voices.
Never forget the hockey team in Pyeongchang who made the band stop playing the Olympic anthem while singing their own. :cheer2:

I'm not in favour of a boycott, because Russian athletes can still win medals. But it is of course an enormously humiliating experience, standing there in boring gear with a flag and anthem that has nothing to with you in a moment when you want to be proud. I think, individual athletes should decide whether they want to participate or not.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
We do not know. Ivan Bukin was never given a reason. He asked for one, pleaded for one, and they refused to give him a reason. You will never move me from my position that that is unconscionable.

Bukin did not know and he wrote an open letter to Bach.

Then I wonder what they were referring too.

(Also I need to look up London 2012. Afaik other that the TUE thing which the investigation was spearheaded by the British government rightly or wrongly I’ve heard nothing to suggest any irregularities.)

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
(Also I need to look up London 2012. Afaik other that the TUE thing which the investigation was spearheaded by the British government rightly or wrongly I’ve heard nothing to suggest any irregularities.)

I read some articles - there was always something very close but it was never 100% hit. Something like that:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cy...lower-in-british-doping-doctor-investigation/

On the one hand, 150 UK athletes received doping from just 1 doctor. On the other hand, there was no hard proof. Like Armstrong until the very end denied being doped - this guy just says: "I don't know what you are talking about". What is even more important, there was no such desperate desire to find the proof like in Russian case. No films by a German "investigative journalist", some inconclusive reactions to whisstle blowers, etc. Double standards.

Lota

Record Breaker
I seem to remember (but I cannot prove it anymore) that the official reason for not inviting (not banning) Ivan Bukin and Ksenia Stolbova was in Ivan's case that he needs to take medication for a chronic condition affecting his ears/sinus, which is not on the doping list per se, but they said they needed to be absolutely sure that somebody is 100% clean, which they said they weren't in his case.

Maybe this is new information that was revealed this year then, because I distinctly remember watching an interview with Stepanova/Bukin last season before one of their competitions where they were saying they still did not have the faintest idea as to why they were banned. Competing at the Olympics was their goal and biggest dream and so just simply "not being invited" without being given any reason why was/is perhaps the most painful thing about the whole ordeal. They didn't even know what allegations they were fighting against. If they'd been given a reason, maybe they could have done something to prove their innocence, but at least to my knowledge they don't know to this day why they weren't invited. Definitely feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though, because I'd love to know the reason myself.

While Thereputic Use Exemptions, exist, and are openly manipulated to give elite western athletes performance enhancing side effects (oh so coincidentally), this russian ban will be seen for what it is: political warfare.

WADA are just another tool, and professional sport just another theatre of conflict

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
well everything is predicatble like it was before. Aasthmatics get medals & praise, ppl from inconvenient countries get disqual. & hate.
same old same old.

something has to stay immutable:laugh: Miss Morozoff has all the chances to compete at the wonderful fair comp like Olys yay! Nice all around american gal:laugh: