Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
You make some fair points but EG is without question receiving a backlash. People actually compare her to the maniacal Bela karolyi. Eteri is the most hated person on this forum and the most hated and despised coach in the world of FS
That's the most uncontroversial thing said here.

Very controversial opinion but i think some hate her more than they care for children's health. Everything coming from Eteri is poison but other coaches with 11-12yo jumping quads and 3A, physically abusing students, and making violent comments when skaters leave are living their best life. "Hot Sergey" is applauded while he's one of those who was traumatizing kid's bodies by teaching them jumps too hard for their bones and will keep traumatizing them. While Gleikhengauz gets almost as much hate as Eteri.
I think maybe it would be more productive to hate on all them than just one. Then maybe fed will see that skaters worth more than medals.

Anyway.
I guess since she's one of the coaches who win the most, it's easier to despise only her to death, but not everyone. A pity she doesn't like to smile in front of cameras like the others.

Zora

On the Ice
Than there was a reaction wit the core statement "Maybe some figure skating fans just prefer good technique, not everything has to be personal." Though I see the user chose to ignore the examples. The complaints about Anna having endorsements, about being elected by a magazine among five most beautiful ladies etc. (which all appeared here very recently BTW) have nothing to do with just "prefering good technique", those are purely personal things, so just saying "not everything has to be personal" is ridiculous. Even if not everything has to be personal, there is a lot of what actually is personal, which was the original idea of the reaction to the claim "I don’t think anyone dislikes Anna". I hope I made myself clear.
Because that's like one person who said those things, therefore I chose to ignore it. But you accused basically everyone who complains about her pre-rotation, that it has personal reasons: "There are, for instance, many skaters who prerotate excessively , much more than Anna, though people still rant about Anna and create whole youtube channels just to attack her as a person. "
And of course she is more talked about than other skaters who pre-rotate, because she is one of the top 3 skaters in the world.

That is not a correct statement. What you can read on this forum is that Satoko scores actually should be higher. 'Good technique' or whatever you wanna call it and define it by yourself is in question only when particular skaters are in topic (first it was about Zhenya, then about Alina and Anna). So let's not lie ourselves.

This is simply not true. There have been many discussions about Satoko Miyahara, Shoma Uno, etc. not deserving their technical scores. Just look at this old thread and you will see that it has been discussed a lot, because some people were already bored of it: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?59436-Pre-rotation

Scott512

Record Breaker
That's the most uncontroversial thing said here.

Very controversial opinion but i think some hate her more than they care for children's health. Everything coming from Eteri is poison but other coaches with 11-12yo jumping quads and 3A, physically abusing students, and making violent comments when skaters leave are living their best life. "Hot Sergey" is applauded while he's one of those who was traumatizing kid's bodies by teaching them jumps too hard for their bones and will keep traumatizing them. While Gleikhengauz gets almost as much hate as Eteri.
I think maybe it would be more productive to hate on all them than just one. Then maybe fed will see that skaters worth more than medals.

Anyway.
I guess since she's one of the coaches who win the most, it's easier to despise only her to death, but not everyone. A pity she doesn't like to smile in front of cameras like the others.

You mean other coaches are having 11 and 12 year old girl jumps quads and triple axels besides EG? That's shocking and hard to believe. Copy cats.;)

I hope young Sergey doesn't do that too. :(

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
You mean other coaches are having 11 and 12 year old girl jumps quads and triple axels besides EG? That's shocking and hard to believe. Copy cats.;)

I hope young Sergey doesn't do that too. :(

I don’t think making children jump quads is the real problem with Eteri. The main problems seem to be:
- History of ex students with eating disorders
- History of premature retirements
- History of talking bad things about students who leave her and starting media wars
- History of not teaching correct technique and not trying to improve skaters’s techniques
- History of controversial programs / poor choreographic choices for her students (mostly when the responsible for it was Daniil)

Some other people talk about the whole “being abusive”, but these are things we cannot say for sure that happened, while the above are actually true.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Because that's like one person who said those things, therefore I chose to ignore it. But you accused basically everyone who complains about her pre-rotation, that it has personal reasons: "There are, for instance, many skaters who prerotate excessively , much more than Anna, though people still rant about Anna and create whole youtube channels just to attack her as a person. "
And of course she is more talked about than other skaters who pre-rotate, because she is one of the top 3 skaters in the world.

This is simply not true. There have been many discussions about Satoko Miyahara, Shoma Uno, etc. not deserving their technical scores. Just look at this old thread and you will see that it has been discussed a lot, because some people were already bored of it: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?59436-Pre-rotation
Thanks for the link.

Imagine

Medalist
I do not get this Russian obsession with long hair. TLS guys said that If these girls did not have long hair, they would rotate better.

I don't know why anyone would care about anything they to say at all. :confused2: They're basically the figure skating equivalent of those sad tabloids you'd find at the supermarket checkout line.

cell

On the Ice
I don’t think making children jump quads is the real problem with Eteri. The main problems seem to be:
- History of ex students with eating disorders
- History of premature retirements
- History of talking bad things about students who leave her and starting media wars
- History of not teaching correct technique and not trying to improve skaters’s techniques
- History of controversial programs / poor choreographic choices for her students (mostly when the responsible for it was Daniil)

Some other people talk about the whole “being abusive”, but these are things we cannot say for sure that happened, while the above are actually true.

Who apart from Yulia had a known eating disorder? Yes Alina has also said questionable things re weight,and Evgenia was very thin in her Olymic year but why is this always almost entirely blamed on Eteri? I mean I think at I would say she was definitely guilty of negligence with Yulia but I just think it's a huge difference between saying some of her students have had body image issues to say she is starving or encouraging eating disorders

Correct technique? But she doesn't teach technique if you mean her coaching team .. i find this to be a generalization. Her students have definitely had flawed technique but it's not like all them do...not all of them have the same technique anyways

And retirements again, to me this is a generalization considering how many other Russian ladies have retired in the last 4-5 years

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

I didn't read those posts back then but i can see the posts who got the most votes by the viewers are:
'Any jump takeoff, when watched in slow-motion, will look pre-rotated. Look at a video of any loop jump in slow motion and you'll see what I mean. That's why the technical panel is not allowed to review jump takeoffs in slow-motion, only jump landings. Toe loop takeoffs are the only ones that are regularly examined for pre-rotation, since this is the takeoff that is most commonly cheated and technically becomes an axel if the picking foot pivots forward on the toe before takeoff'
and
'Another thread created to bash certain skaters...'
Which were my two points exactly ;)

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Who apart from Yulia had a known eating disorder? Yes Alina has also said questionable things re weight,and Evgenia was very thin in her Olymic year but is this always almost entirely blamed on Eteri?

Correct technique? But she doesn't teach technique if you mean her coaching team .. i find this to be a generalization. Her students have definitely had flawed technique but it's not like all them do...not all of them have the same technique

And retirements again, to me this is a generalization considering how many other Russian ladies have retired in the last 4-5 years

Evgenia admitted in an interview she had an eating disorder back then.

The students that don’t have bad technique are the ones that didn’t learn how to jump from her team.

I wrote in general what most people don’t like about Eteri that can be confirmed.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I didn't read those posts back then but i can see the posts who got the most votes by the viewers are:
'Any jump takeoff, when watched in slow-motion, will look pre-rotated. Look at a video of any loop jump in slow motion and you'll see what I mean. That's why the technical panel is not allowed to review jump takeoffs in slow-motion, only jump landings. Toe loop takeoffs are the only ones that are regularly examined for pre-rotation, since this is the takeoff that is most commonly cheated and technically becomes an axel if the picking foot pivots forward on the toe before takeoff'
and
'Another thread created to bash certain skaters...'
Which were my two points exactly ;)

Any jump takeoff with bad technique will look pre-rotated. Watch Carolina Kostner and Yuna Kim’s jumps in slow motion and tell me where the pre-rotation is.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I'm not sure if this is a fair criticism when the issue is that it's Eteri students knocking other Eteri students off the top of the podium.

I didn’t write it as my own opinion, I wrote what seems to be most people’s problems with Eteri, and even if there are explainable causes, all the things that I wrote are true/somehow confirmed.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Any jump takeoff with bad technique will look pre-rotated. Watch Carolina Kostner and Yuna Kim’s jumps in slow motion and tell me where the pre-rotation is.

And you can't see that Caro's Lutz always looks as a element which has nothing to do with the skating programme, because she needs the whole rink to even start jumping it. Yuna's lutz is great, but her flip edge is commonly flat because of that. The same way skaters who jump flip better - with inside edge, will probably not have that deep outside lutz edge. There are many other things in skating which they are just the way they are. Yuna probably had the best ever 3Lz-3T combo if you take it as an individual element, but in a context of the whole skating program it was always a predictable one, she started basically all her programs with it. So, if you want you can always find something to criticize any skater, but you need to want that in first place. Not to say that the term 'pre-rotation' is not the characteristic term in many of the ISU documents, it is mostly connected with you-tubers and people who are not working within figure skating at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.