Study in a Skating Popularity-Disparity Across Different Regions | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Study in a Skating Popularity-Disparity Across Different Regions

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
With a BA in Art History I learned and will say one thing here.. Diversity - with a capital “D” - is the major building block in creating a dynamic flourishing Art culture anywhere. Without it Art degrades, implodes, becomes less, stagnates, like getting stuck in the proverbial revolving door. To thrive Art must be dynamic, constantly renewed, open to fresh ideas, new discoveries. Am I stating the obvious? And Art, be it high brow or low, is what an individual makes it. I asked my nephew whether he liked a painting.. he hated it, I think it is wonderful .. we then laughed knowing we would never agree but that is healthy culture.

With a BA in Art History I learned and will say one thing here.. Diversity - with a capital “D” - is the major building block in creating a dynamic flourishing Art culture anywhere. Without it Art degrades.
I am dismayed at the view that one culture is more intrinsically artsy than another. I doubt that any human culture ever existed that was without artistic implulses, appreciation and creativity. The Cro Magnon cave paintings are spectacular works of art, never mind their interest to anthropologists. A carving on a mammoth tusk representing the constellation Orion, found in Germany, dates from 32,000 to 38,000 years ago. There was a group of people in South Africa 100,000 years ago (believed to be ancestral to all humans living today) who practiced body painting and strung sea shells together to make necklesses.

Last edited:

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
I hereby declare this marketing research as concluded. A prognosis has been developed.

I also really dont romanticize Russia guys at least take a step back with that one I know history too well to go back to an Orthodox country hahahahaha.