2021 Skate America: Pairs Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: Pairs Short Program

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Wow! I recognize that people in the skating community love this Japanese pair team, because they represent Japan coming up in the world in pairs, and going for a team medal at the Olympics. But please, those scores. This is the epitome of political favor. All elements practically over 1.00 + The judges have already decided where they want to place the Japanese team to stay in Japan fed's good graces.

On the dismount, she fell on his arm, and she saved the throw landing. Neither element deserved the well over 1.50 + points they got. They skated better at Autumn Classic, but not here. This is wrong, period. They did not deserve 72 for that. Maybe 67 or 68, not 72.
Don't start here. It didn't look good in that thread, it doesn't look any better now.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
And that program by Calalang/Johnson is a better performance than what the Japanese team just performed. Let's see what the judges do. They were clearly trying to hold them back on GOE, obviously. And this in the U.S. toward U.S. skaters.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Wow! I recognize that people in the skating community love this Japanese pair team, because they represent Japan coming up in the world in pairs, and going for a team medal at the Olympics. But please, those scores. This is the epitome of political favor. All elements practically over 1.00 + The judges have already decided where they want to place the Japanese team to stay in Japan fed's good graces.

On the dismount, she fell on his arm, and she saved the throw landing. Neither element deserved the well over 1.50 + points they got. They skated better at Autumn Classic, but not here. This is wrong, period. They did not deserve 72 for that. Maybe 67 or 68, not 72.
I think you might be the only one who thinks that they got too high a score..

Brenda_Bottems

On the Ice

God bless you for being unafraid to tell the truth,even if it's not what some want to hear.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States

Jessica CALALANG / Brian JOHNSON

USA

1. 3 Salchow
  2. 3 Twist 3
  3. Throw 3 Lutz
  4. Backward Outside Death Spiral 3
  5. Flying Combination Spin 4
  6. Step Sequence 2
  7. Lift 4

TES: 36.73
PCS: 32.14
Deductions:

Total Segment Score: 68.87

Kathy1

On the Ice

I hope you were not so upset by the lower-than-deserved score of the Japanese (the idea that an international panel would be biased toward a Japanese pairs team is beyond laughable) that you didn't enjoy the almost as wonderful performance by Calalang and Johnson.

readernick

Medalist

Just no. The Japanese team got their levels. The Americans didn't. End of discussion. And, I like both American teams and agree that they are sometimes underscored. But, the Japanese deserve to be in first. They were perfect.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I think you might be the only one who thinks that they got too low a score..
The score was too high. She fell on his arm in the dismount, and saved the throw landing. The GOE was exceedingly high on both elements. Stay blinded by your uber-love. Everybody is in love with them. While I respect how much they have improved and how hard they work, they are not better than the American teams, nor that close to the Russians either. This is very predictable.