2021-22 Japanese Nationals: Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Japanese Nationals: Free Dance

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What an nice evenly balanced team. I think the Japanese should do well in dance, they have such wonderful knees for it. Ayumi & Shingo are such natural skaters, they show no tension. Beautiful.

auser

Record Breaker
Aww... that was fun! Watched "An American in Paris" movie with Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron on tv recently so the music is fresh in my mind. Thought these dancers captured the spirit of the film well.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kiria HIRAYAMA /Aru TATENO - Another couple with lovely posture and expression. Twizzles are slow and a bit unsteady. Can't pick better music than Umbrellas to get an audience on your side. They need a bit more speed to really make this sing, but nice skate.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kana MURAMOTO /Daisuke TAKAHASHI - So hoping things go better for this couple after their blades collided in RD. I just love their music and their skating is divine. Their expressions said it all for me, they were going to enjoy this dance, no matter the results.Couple small balance checks at the end for Dai but not on any elements. Twizzles were well controlled today.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Final results

NoNameNameSP scoreFS scoreTotal
1小松原 美 里
小松原 尊
Misato KOMATSUBARA/
Timothy KOLETO
2村 元 哉 中
髙 橋 大 輔
Kana MURAMOTO /
Daisuke TAKAHASHI
3高 浪 歩 未
西 山 真 瑚
Ayumi Takanami/
Shingo Nishiyama
4平 山 姫里有
立 野 在
Kiria HIRAYAMA /
Aru TATENO

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
So how does the JSF now decide who to send to the Olympics? Is it automatically the winners here at Ice Dance Nats? (thought it wasn’t, but…)

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This was a beautifully skated and super enjoyable competition. May Japanese dancing continue to grow and flourish cause I want more. I wish both couples could have tied but the results are fair.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Interesting. My guess is that they send Kana and Daisuke to the Olympics, and the Komatsubaras to Worlds.