2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Women's Short Program | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Women's Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Seeing Jorik, I just remembered that he was supposed to be one of the ambassadors for the current EYOF. But, with it being delayed due to COVID, I supposed he aged out.

But, I bet he much prefers supporting his kid sister at Worlds.

Especially when she is doing so well.

Into 2nd position.

And Chris and Louise still can't get her name right. :palmf:

I hope somebody tells them the correct pronounciation before the Free... (HINT!)

:cheer: WELL DONE LOENA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Okay, it's been fun but now I have to run both so I can get fresh air before Pairs and to avoid the inevitable wuzrobbed discourse. See you later!

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Seeing Loena with her stuffed cat in the KnC reminds me of one thing I’ve really enjoyed about this comp—no very young girls cuddling stuffed animals in the KnC, which just emphasizes just how young/immature/vulnerable they are (Loena, as an adult, gets a pass, she can play with stuffies all she wants)

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Well my overall predictions are pretty close after the short program with Loena being the spoiler ;)

macy

Record Breaker
this competition was a breath of fresh air. so nice to watch.

Kaori was fast, strong, powerful, commanding. completely deserving of being a world champion.
so happy for Loena knowing she is injured. i hope she is able to keep it together for the FS no matter where she places.
i am surprised Mariah is in 3rd and not Young You. will have to see the protocols, i figured You would be a point or two ahead of her.
Good skate for Alysa, however i get the impression she is not quite the same skater as she was in the beginning of the season. she's been through quite a lot with the coaching change, the spy case with her father, or could just be very tired. i hope it's just fatigue and she needs a rest.
devastated for Wakaba, she really missed a huge opportunity here, but she's not far off the podium. with a clean skate she can make it.

can't wait for the FS.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know, the Group 2 Warm-Up for the Junior Ladies at the EYOF has just started, if you want to get more of your skating fix before the Pairs...

CaroLiza_fam

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a beautiful, diverse women's SP event that was!

I'm so thrilled, because (was I the only one?) I put Mariah Bell in 2nd in my predictions ... and for now, For Now, she's close. And even better, it was the way she skated. Such a gleaming aura, such emotion, expression and intent, such beautiful technique. She showed everything, every way she's unique.

I'm thrilled for Alysa and Loena, such gorgeous skating, and so perfectly suited to their personalities. And Kaori, well, added to all the perfect expression of the music and her stunning jumps, she had an extra glow of confidence. All four of these skaters really brought me on their journey. Such chills and happiness!

Off to swim laps, see you for Pairs.

Axel Rose

On the Ice
Mariah in 3rd…who would have thunk.
So this is what I thought crazily might happen. There are no Russians and a post-worlds where athletes aren’t at their peak. Mariah has overall great packaging and they don’t seem to be as strict on her protocols regarding her jumps. All Mariah has to do is stand up in the last group while others skate mediocre and the medal is hers.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Like a reptile warmed by the sun, I dragged myself out of bed in the dark and saw my Mariah and everyone after. Great comp. Can't wait for the free. Any particular reasons for low attendance?
Still waking up in Spokane.

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
It doesn't matter what the judges "have already decided."

She took that leeway out of their hands when she was head and shoulders above the competition today.

The gap she's earned is deserved.
She was clean. I give her that. But for me she wasn´t 8 points better than You Young. :shrug:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Seeing Jorik, I just remembered that he was supposed to be one of the ambassadors for the current EYOF. But, with it being delayed due to COVID, I supposed he aged out.

But, I bet he much prefers supporting his kid sister at Worlds.

Especially when she is doing so well.

Into 2nd position.

And Chris and Louise still can't get her name right. :palmf:

I hope somebody tells them the correct pronounciation before the Free... (HINT!)

:cheer: WELL DONE LOENA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan
I'm feeling smug I kept her high in my predictions even with the injury worry -- very well done, indeed!!