Kamila Valieva | Page 102 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Such mature skating. I think the new age rules introduced last year will benefit Kamila's career more than anyone.
I very much agree, she's an adult now and has beautifully matured as well as her extraordinary talent. Her skating is gorgeous to watch, elegant, her artistry is amazing and her technique makes it look effortless. Choice of music is perfect as well.
Can't wait to watch more from her this season 😍

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Promo for Kamila’s new SP: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvHluY9N3tC/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Song: I See Red — Everybody Loves an Outlaw.

Kamila is gorgeous btw!
Seems great. I'm excited to see the full skate and the dress she chooses.

Here is the promo for her upcoming FS:

Personally unsure about this one. Seems like people like it but am I the only one who wishes she would dance to some more sophisticated music again? I think her style dancing style is perfect for classical. Just my opinion though, wondering if I'm the only one.

Like I said, though, I have no problem with her short program choice. I don't think she has to exclusively skate to classical but I wish she wouldn't move away from it entirely...

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel

Personally unsure about this one. Seems like people like it but am I the only one who wishes she would dance to some more sophisticated music again? I think her style dancing style is perfect for classical. Just my opinion though, wondering if I'm the only one.

Like I said, though, I have no problem with her short program choice. I don't think she has to exclusively skate to classical but I wish she wouldn't move away from it entirely...

While I do agree with you that due to her ballet/dance skills, gorgeous extensions and interpretation, she's absolutely perfect to perform any classical music program and we've been lucky to see her excel at them, however you can see how versatile of an artist/athlete she is by her Wednesday program ... or her Dancing on Glass program in Moscow Sports Day this year ...

I think going away from the usual classical programs just endorse how much of a versatile professional she is (and I absolutely love all her classical performances, but I also do love the rain dance performance, Wednesday, Avatar, and Dancing on Glass, and I find it refreshing to see another side of Kami).

Mathematician

Medalist
While I do agree with you that due to her ballet/dance skills, gorgeous extensions and interpretation, she's absolutely perfect to perform any classical music program and we've been lucky to see her excel at them, however you can see how versatile of an artist/athlete she is by her Wednesday program ... or her Dancing on Glass program in Moscow Sports Day this year ...

I think going away from the usual classical programs just endorse how much of a versatile professional she is (and I absolutely love all her classical performances, but I also do love the rain dance performance, Wednesday, Avatar, and Dancing on Glass, and I find it refreshing to see another side of Kami).
Yes, I agree.

Like I said, I dont want her to be in a box of classical, but I just hope she still skates to it sometimes.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Yes, I agree.

Like I said, I dont want her to be in a box of classical, but I just hope she still skates to it sometimes.
AGREE VERY MUCH.

I think this decision is with everyone in her team, choreographer, Eteri Gerorgievna and Kamila, she's been wanting sometime more modern, the professionals understand is a good opportunity to show her versatility and how she can skate beautifully to everything music wise.

BUT

with her extraordinary flexibility, lyrical and interpretation skills, maturity way beyond her years, gorgeous body extensions, arms and hand movements, you can put her to skate to any classical piece and she will do it like any prima would do at Mariinsky stage or Bolshoi.

Mathematician

Medalist
with her extraordinary flexibility, lyrical and interpretation skills, maturity way beyond her years, gorgeous body extensions, arms and hand movements, you can put her to skate to any classical piece and she will do it like any prima would do at Mariinsky stage or Bolshoi.
She really is something else. One of the most talented people I know of.

Most skaters primarily fall somewhere between either athletes (Trusova), artists (Usacheva) or dancers (Zagitova).

Meanwhile Valieva - all three, first class. So physically powerful, so expressive, and so fluid.

In raw talent she reminds me only of Rachmaninoff - where most musicians are instrumentalists, composers, or conductors, he was all three and of the highest order.

Valieva is like this. Probably in terms of figure skating she could be considered a genius.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
She really is something else. One of the most talented people I know of.

Most skaters primarily fall somewhere between either athletes (Trusova), artists (Usacheva) or dancers (Zagitova).

Meanwhile Valieva - all three, first class. So physically powerful, so expressive, and so fluid.

In raw talent she reminds me only of Rachmaninoff - where most musicians are instrumentalists, composers, or conductors, he was all three and of the highest order.

Valieva is like this. Probably in terms of figure skating she could be considered a genius.

Ah Rachmaninoff is my favorite Russian composer and I loved to play some of his Preludes when I studied piano, followed by Prokofiev, and I agree, looking at his biography, he's excelled in all three areas what made him a complete, extraordinary musician.

Sasha Trusova has made history already in figure skating women's singles and I absolutely agree, she's the most athletic skater I can think in that team, for artistry yes, Usacheva and I want to include Scherbakova and Kostornaia too. Consistency, hard work and dedication, excellent presentation, artistry and interpretation/dancing also belong to Zhenia Medvedeva in my opinion.

But the person who has all the above and excels at all of them is Kamila Valieva, again in my opinion.

I'm very interested in following juniors in team Russia this month to see if we can spot a new star in the beginning. And keep following the seniors too. Kami is my favorite, but I love all of them gorgeous skaters from Russia women's team. They took this art/sport to a never seen high level. Hoping they're back to international scenes quickly, they are what I will watch this season :)

Mathematician

Medalist
I'm very interested in following juniors in team Russia this month to see if we can spot a new star in the beginning.
Keep an eye on Titova. She's going to be very impressive one day. Artistically and athletically. I already get some ballerina aura from her, like Muravieva; seems Plushenko's choreo team is doing really well. I think all the ice shows they do greatly helps their artistic maturity develop. Plushenko might pass Eteri as the Russian powerhouse within the next few years I feel.

Last edited:

Mathematician

Medalist
for artistry yes, Usacheva and I want to include Scherbakova and Kostornaia too.
Scherbakova definitely

Kostornaia I dont really know. Shes very complex. She isnt as complete as Valieva but shes probably the most complex character at least judging from what I can see in the media. I dont know if I could really put her into any box. She had natural athleticism but lacked discipline, she was artistic but a bit prideful, and she could dance but didnt stand out as particularly delicate or tender. Really dont know fully what to think of her - shes really complicated.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Scherbakova definitely

Kostornaia I dont really know. Shes very complex. She isnt as complete as Valieva but shes probably the most complex character at least judging from what I can see in the media. I dont know if I could really put her into any box. She had natural athleticism but lacked discipline, she was artistic but a bit prideful, and she could dance but didnt stand out as particularly delicate or tender. Really dont know fully what to think of her - shes really complicated.

AHA Yes. My main experience from 3 years old to 25 years old is with classical ballet, spending many, many time in Petesburg training for it
(I started figure skating after I retired from professional ballet), so we in ballet grow up learning what dedication, discipline, patience and hard work are. You also learn lots of respect towards your professors, directors and seniors too.
I may be absolutely wrong, but by her interviews, what she says (no, I don't rely on English media since translation is always misleading) about herself, Kostornaia always seemed to me to not respect authority from her coaches, not like being told what to do, not accepting, and principally, perhaps even a little lazy compared with her team mates at the time. And I don't think her talent is that great enough that she can be extraordinary without immense hardwork, which is a pity. I included her in the artistry and interpretation in my opinion, because due to her strong personality and charm, I think she offers something unique in what she performs, VERY charismatic and enjoyable and that comes natural to her, maybe the same personality that unfortunately didn't allow her to excel same as Anya or Sasha, or Zhenia.

Her same behaviour and personality that adds something unique to her in her performances is also her enemy, due to pride, big ego, lack of respect and discipline. This is only my opinion.

Darya_kkks

Rinkside

I do like the way Kamila skates to classical music. I had a chance to see her in real life and that was impressive. However, her Bolero, Avatar, and Shaman (Gala Competition of March 2023) showed that has so many potential to unleash. That’s why I am so excited about her programs and performances.

By the way, she is in a very good sports shape. She skates in show and does it successfully.

Wish her all the best!

P.S. if any mistakes, I am sorry. English is not my native language.

Mathematician

Medalist
I do like the way Kamila skates to classical music. I had a chance to see her in real life and that was impressive. However, her Bolero, Avatar, and Shaman (Gala Competition of March 2023) showed that has so many potential to unleash. That’s why I am so excited about her programs and performances.

By the way, she is in a very good sports shape. She skates in show and does it successfully.

Wish her all the best!

Well, I would consider Bolero as part of her classical repetoire. Anyways, like I said I dont disagree with those points.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel

Wish her all the best!

Oh YES!!
Her shaman program is magnificent and so is Avatar and let’s not forget the amazing Wednesday program too.
I’ve also seen her in person and was hyptonized /mesmerized. It’s so more beautiful in person than in TV.

Extraordinary skating skills + extraordinary interpretations and artistry.

Mathematician

Medalist
Oh YES!!
Her shaman program is magnificent and so is Avatar and let’s not forget the amazing Wednesday program too.
I’ve also seen her in person and was hyptonized /mesmerized. It’s so more beautiful in person than in TV.

Which program did you get to go see? Witnessing Valieva live is a complete dream, I really hope I somehow get to see her one day. Can you imagine what it would've been like, to watch one of her programs for the first time ever on debut, with rinkside seats? Some people actually got to experience that with Bolero, among the rest of her masterpieces...
:jaw:

And I've heard it a lot, that figure skating is even more beautiful in person; man, what I'd do to see Muravieva in those Plushenko ice shows in person... :drama:

Last edited:

Darya_kkks

Rinkside
Oh YES!!

Yep, I forgot about Wednesday)

I don’t understand how it works but Kamila’s skating fascinates and charms me. I literally couldn’t breathe when she performed her In Memorian on TeamTutberidze show in April 2023. Yes, she grew up, but her flexibility, charm, artistic skills, skating skills, grace is still with her!

Kamila’s 3T and 2A are very huge right now (I’ve seen her vlog from trainings). I suppose they are preparing to restore 4T, 3A. Besides she noticeably slimmed down (I have seen a video from yesterday’s show), looks so thin. She is very gifted figure skater. But talent means nothing without trainings. Alyona Kostornaia is a great example.

Kamila is also very hardworking, disciplined, goal oriented, ambitious, and stress resilient person. That is why I do believe in Kami.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Which program did you get to go see? Witnessing Valieva live is a complete dream, I really hope I somehow get to see her one day. Can you imagine what it would've been like, to watch one of her programs for the first time ever on debut, with rinkside seats? Some people actually got to experience that with Bolero, among the rest of her masterpieces...
:jaw:

And I've heard it a lot, that figure skating is even more beautiful in person; man, what I'd do to see Muravieva in those Plushenko ice shows in person... :drama:
2022 European Championship. Unforgettable experience.
She skated Storm, Bolero and won :love2:

I had the opportunity to be in front of her, was SO excited, didn't know what to do, one of these huge fan moments, all I could tell her was "I love you, you are my favorite skater, you are beautiful, you inspire me when I skate" in my basic Russian language abilities. I had planned to take a selfie photo with her, but wasn't sure I'd have the opportunity to meet her and when I did I was frozen. All I remembered to do was say what I said to her, didn't stop smiling so much my face hurt, and handed a photo I had of hers so she could sign it, which she did. (I carry this signed photo in my skate bag as a very, very dear, important possession).
I didn't get my photo with her, but I haven't given up and can't wait until I can see her skate in person again, and be more calm if/when I get the chance to meet her again, so I can have a photo taken with me and her :) and if possible, also take a photo with Eteri Gerogievna, as a bonus too :)

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Yep, I forgot about Wednesday)

I don’t understand how it works but Kamila’s skating fascinates and charms me. I literally couldn’t breathe when she performed her In Memorian on TeamTutberidze show in April 2023. Yes, she grew up, but her flexibility, charm, artistic skills, skating skills, grace is still with her!

Kamila’s 3T and 2A are very huge right now (I’ve seen her vlog from trainings). I suppose they are preparing to restore 4T, 3A. Besides she noticeably slimmed down (I have seen a video from yesterday’s show), looks so thin. She is very gifted figure skater. But talent means nothing without trainings. Alyona Kostornaia is a great example.

Kamila is also very hardworking, disciplined, goal oriented, ambitious, and stress resilient person. That is why I do believe in Kami.

Oh you went to watch Team Tutberidze show, I am so jealous! :)

I can't wait to go back to Russia and make my visit at the same time that Eteri Georgievna has a show for her team so I can go and watch.

I follow her on Telegram (I think she's morre active on Telegram than other apps) and she is indeed thinner, looks amazing and in incredible shape. I was a bit worried seeing all the weight she gained, but supposed it was maybe because of vacation and also she grew, has an adult body now and got many more centimeters of height, but so happy to see her back to being thin and beautiful, perfect body line.

And I agree very much with you, only talent, no hard work, completely irrelevant and meaningless. Too bad Alyona didn't work hard, she is beautiful and talented, but her personality is not to be a disciplined, hardworking person, unfortunately.