Shoma Uno | Page 1136 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The patience. The charisma. The control. It's really a sight to see. Of course, I did my usual and forgot to breathe while he was skating. I have Sho amnesia and can't wait to see the program again. He said in an interview that his combo could have been better, but my recollection is that it was good. I was so happy that he got a well-deserved standing ovation. Shomajesty you are amazing and continue to amaze me. I am blessed to be your fan.

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love this comment from former U.S. skater Polina Edmonds. She strictly critiques everything in her podcast and never hesitates to criticize. For me, this means a lot coming from her.

"Shoma slam dunked. What a gorgeous program and executed very well — his command on the ice is spectacular. Bravo!!"

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
in 2019, I was at Skate Canada. Shoma competed there. I was tired and got sick... and I barely remember ANYTHING from the event.. .Talk about skating amnesia... (@Arriba627 ) !

I bought tickets in 2020. Canceled.

I got really worried. Would I see him again ? In 2024? Would he still be competing? Would he qualify ? (with Yuma and others growing )

I got my first wish : Shoma is still skating and made it to my home worlds ;)

All season, I have watched his programs. Of course, I took it personal when I heard the "I love you" :) but I wasn't sure the program was going to be doing enough... not sure until I saw it today, at the rink.

Shoma has grown up as an artist. He is at such another level. He's always been very musical and passionate. But there is something newer, or at least, it is newer to the degree of quality that it is now : he makes one with the ice and the music. The last time I saw this in a skater is Patrick. So huge compliment from me ! I already felt that years ago, and that's why I got into Shoma's skating of course. But today, it was something else... his SP is not easy to deliver. The slow pace with long, sweeping musical phrases requires extreme command of the blades and of the ice. He was in sync with the emotional content and the musical phrase at all times. The jumps were great but they were just part of it... not the aim of the skating. Shoma was on another planet today. I screamed so hard, I lost my voice. I clapped so much, that my skin cracked (okay, I live in this cold city, my skin is already dry but that was the last straw).

I am willing to suffer even more Saturday and scream louder. I am willing to bleed while clapping if it helps.

This is one program I will never forget. (with or without Prevagen!)

Shoma and I : love at first sight (for me it was Green Shoma leprechaun). But Shoma's skating is at such another level now that my appreciation for him and his skating is on a completely different level. Today's SP was just so spectacular.

I feel very blessed to experience this in my hood, walking back and forth to the rink... and being able to give myself fully in embracing this moment.

THANK YOU SHOMA ! And thank you all Shoma fans for being so nice, charming, welcoming and supportive !

Last edited:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am delighted with Shoma. He is the class of the field and is unlike anyone else. Cannot wait for the free skate. I fear he won't win because of Ilia's tech score. However, he ought to win if we consider the essence of figure skating and what it's truly about.
Please don't lose hope, especially not now! Ilia may look better on paper, but ice is slippery; anything can happen! All we can do as fans is wish Shoma the best of luck and the most superb of skates!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Please don't lose hope, especially not now! Ilia may look better on paper, but ice is slippery; anything can happen! All we can do as fans is wish Shoma the best of luck and the most superb of skates!
And Shoma is a great free skate skater. He much prefers the long over the short program. He looked great yesterday. Highest Base Value looks good on paper, but you still have to execute it. Not easy when you're under a lot of pressure.