Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Some more news about Gaby and Guillaume FD...

They have modified a bit the music... Very interesting and clever changes I think...
They are constantly fine tuning this FD.
They put so much of themselves in this program so they want it to be perfect
They also reworked the choreography here and there, add some more technical stuff and an amazing lift at the end...
Have fun!

I'm pleased to hear they've put a lift at the end as I think the ending was too similar to BA Home .Can't wait to see this not long now!

Spot

On the Ice
Such a stunning performance! Another programme I could watch all day! And that medal ceremony was adorable :) :)!!

oat

On the Ice
From TAT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtBbtxWrbJk
thanks to Алекс Алекс and alexjwebabou for translation

The commentator: "So, Tatyana, is this different from Mona Lisa or something by Picasso?" (!!!) Tarasova: "I am stunned... there is no beginning, no end, that's how this story {exists}... they penetrate the music, the text of the music, delve into every detail which resonates in the soul... I don't see the fatigue or the idiotic levels that i see in other performances - "they did that and that to get a level" ... here only at the end of the step seq i realise that it was a step seq... I'm happy to be here in Paris to see this earlier than {I expected}...they can do absolutely everything with their bodies... splendid dance... perfect choreography... perfection of style... applause to the teachers who chose this {path} for G/G {{{she is clapping}}} We live in this dance with them.

"I'm just shocked. There is neither beginning nor ending, there is only their story... I want to ask them what their dance is about. They penetrated so much into the music, into the text of the music, into each and every detail. It is just amazing. I don't see any sign of fatigue on their faces... I noticed the second step sequence only at its end... Their bodies are so perfect, choreography is a masterpiece as well. They do anything what they want to do...I'm excited of having come here, so I can see it with my own eyes... The style, the music, the movements of their bodies, the movements of their thoughts, well, everything is perfect. I want to applaud them, and their coaches as well. You can master any technical movements, but to create something like that and explain how to do that to the performers is a far more difficult challenge etc.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Congrats! As I expected, truly an amazing performance!
Today is Guillaume's birthday? Wow! I think he's a gift from the heaven. He never ceases to amuse me.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Had to watch them later rather than live as was visiting my parents. My mum and I were silent throughout and, by the end, we were both in tears. They are sublime.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Here is the FD with commentary from Charlie White. Well, I say commentary, but actually it is mesmerised silence during the skate and then comment after. :laugh::love: Enjoy!

Last edited:

alain06fr

On the Ice
Here is the FD with commentary from Charlie White. Well, I say commentary, but actually it is mesmerised silence during the skate and then comment after. :laugh::love: Enjoy!

Thanks for the link! The audience in the arena was also mesmerised. This FD is about human feelings and emotions. Some sequences are deeply sad, some others are about happiness. Some moments are so intense and somehow bring you back to your own feelings, your own life.... It's just sensationnal. This program is so beautifully skated... So fluid from start to end... It's just like a continuous flow of emotions on the ice.

Last edited:

oat

On the Ice
when you have an olympic champion who says that he wanted to skate like this when he was young, that's mean a lot :eek:

maya1985

On the Ice
Back from Paris,with stars full eyes, some impressions:
I had the chance to live two unforgettable performances danced by two dancers, exceptional artists.
The short dance is a marvel: it is fresh, joyful, everything is realized to perfection. The next step is great. Their joy of skating is communicative.
The free program gives chills: violence, delicacy, tenderness. It's more than ice dancing, it's art, pure emotion. Time stops. Congratulations and thanks to Gabriella and Guillaume, it was really magical. Words are hard to find to describe their dances.
I was right not to worry after the masters (I was there).:laugh2:

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Link provided by synian http://www.lepoint.fr/sport/patinag...s-l-audace-non-plus-13-11-2016-2082782_26.php

I'm only gonna translate what Gaby and Guillaume explain about the content of the program because the journalist doesn't add anything new in his presentation.

GC " The name of the second music piece summarizes rather well the program : Happiness does not wait. It's a bit the story of the program"

GC " Up to now, many were doing spanish, egyptian or classical programs. Some teams dabbled a bit in modern. We do not recognize ourselves in this type of programs, we are more attracted to contemporary, abstract. It still brings emotions, we still tell stories"

GP" We wanted something else than 'oh love', 'oh friendship', 'oh sadness' ! We wanted something more difficult and complex "

GC " There are moments of strong intensity, chaos and moments of near complete silence, as if hanging. The idea of the program is for the first part to be full of contrasts mixing energies at times violent, very forceful, very intense"

GC" It's about two people caught in the busyness of life, some sort of machines, we speak a lot about machines in our program. The two characters start the program in a state of awakening, then they're caught up by life with a kind of desire to want to perform their life, always do more. Then, in the 2nd part, it's a sort of an awareness ' What are we doing ?' and they go back to what truly matters, take care of each other, find back one's humanity"

GP" Our objective was to chock. Well more stun than chock. Open doors to people, open minds and imagination"

tinlizzie

Final Flight
Thank you cocotaffy. I have an even greater appreciation of their beautiful program after the explanation of their artistic concept.:love:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Can I just say that I'd love to watch a Guillaume/Zach programme after seeing these photos ;);) http://twizzle.com.ru/2016/11/13/gp-tropheede-france-2016-dubreuil-lauzon-sekret-gala/#respond

I think it would be brilliant to see a Gabi & Madison and a Guillaume & Zach exhibition programme. Would be fascinating to see the different movements two female and two male bodies would bring to a gala. And it would be different- galas need that at the moment, IMO. Would be interesting to see them have to adapt to limitations but also explore opportunities.

Spot

On the Ice
I think it would be brilliant to see a Gabi & Madison and a Guillaume & Zach exhibition programme. Would be fascinating to see the different movements two female and two male bodies would bring to a gala. And it would be different- galas need that at the moment, IMO. Would be interesting to see them have to adapt to limitations but also explore opportunities.

Absolutely. I agree 100%!!

cocotaffy

Final Flight
CBC video right here Quite complementary too. I think Kurt Browning comments. Not sure about the two other commentators.

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I hope if these young people win OGM they will choose to go on till 2022.They will still be so young and they have much more to give!Does everyone think they will?

all that

Final Flight
I hope if these young people win OGM they will choose to go on till 2022.They will still be so young and they have much more to give!Does everyone think they will?

I think they will. They love this sport and love to explore new forms of art. I'm hoping they will stay for 3 Olympic golds.

alain06fr

On the Ice
I think they will. They love this sport and love to explore new forms of art. I'm hoping they will stay for 3 Olympic golds.

Well, there are rumours saying they may stop next year if they are European & World champions in 2017, European, Olympic and World champions in 2018. One could tell there are lots of "Ifs" in this scenario, and that’s true… So many “Ifs”... On the other hand, the possibility for Gaby and Guillaume to win all these titles can't be dismissed either...

Honestly, I have no clue and I never even questioned them about their future after 2018 though I had several opportunities to do so. Now, assuming they win all these titles in 2017 & 2018, putting an end to their career at the age of 22 (Gaby) and 23 (Guillaume) would be a huge disappointment for me.

Obviously, I would be extremely happy for them to win the Europeans, Worlds (2017+2018) and Olympics (2018) but, in the end, what I love most is to watch them dance. I love their unique contribution. It’s all about art. They want to find in themselves how to bring the audience in their story and their own feelings. Technical elements are there for sure, they have to! but they are not a goal to reach in itself. I also love so much their contemporary approach of choreographies & music choices, their personal commitment, their skating skills, their incredible fluidity, etc. P/C is a couple deeply involved in many aspects of their programs. Guillaume promoted this piano music coming from nowhere (he already chose the music of their SD last year AFAIK), he designed the costumes as well. Interviewed after their first world title, Guillaume explained how much he dislikes a certain vision of ice dance where the role of the man is mainly to put the spotlight on the lady. As for Gaby, she’s always open to new stuff no one even tried before hence no doubt, she is in perfect sync with Guillaume. Both are not conformists, that’s the least we can say and they developed step by step their own idea of what they want to achieve on the ice.

They are leaders not followers and that’s the key point for me and probably the main reason why I hardly see them putting an end to their career after 2018.