Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

alain06fr

On the Ice
This interview of Marie-France was probably posted already but, just in case, you can find it at this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYzHThiinwc

She mainly talks about Gaby and Guillaume from 23:50
Now, the whole interview is so interesting. We learn interesting things about other great couples, Tessa & Scott, Madison & Zach, Olivia & Adria. How lucky coaches in Montréal are to train all those fabulous skaters and ice dancers.

About Gaby & Guillaume:
- They submitted their own music for the free dance (they were the only couple to do that)
- They wanted to try something that would surprise people. There are the one who wanted to go in the avant-garde.
- It's their last year to try something different before the Olympics but... they are so young. Their skating is so fabulous. With them, it's not the music you really attach to but it's how they interpret the music and how they use their body to highlight the music. The music just becomes the frame so I do not worry about music.
About Guillaume modelling pictures: "He has a great body" ;-)

About Tessa and Scott:
- They asked Marie-France in 2014 if the coaches in Montréal would agree to train them in case they would decide to come back and the coaches promised they would do. This promise was done before Gabriella and Guillaume even moved to Montréal nor became World champions.
- Tessa and Scott wanted to experiment with contemporary moves and doing interpretation a lot deeper and more meaningful (well, just my opinion but I think the Mozart piece performed by Gabriella and Guillaume is a marker in ice dance. That performance pushed many skaters to deliver performances with deeper interpretations and emotion. Once again, this is just my personal opinion).

About Madison & Zach
- Many people loved "Halleluyah" last year so they try to follow the same process this year for their free dance with this emotional piece. It's the Mady I love when she got so much into the music. It's just like time disappears.
- Their emotional connection is great.

About Olivia & Adria:
- Coaches in Montréal got stunned how quick their body started to match
- They both have British skating background and technics (not a surprise for Olivia but quite surprising for me regarding Adria)
- Their relationships is just like big brothers
- Olivia trains hard and both have a lot of energy on the ice

Last edited:

Spot

On the Ice
Excellent interview (finally interesting questions from the interviewer with at length answers) on icenetwork: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2016/11/11/208626212/papadakis-cizeron-find-comfort-in-discomfort

Great performance tonight. I love this SD so much fun and they project a different side of their personality. You can see Gaby is having a blast.

Thank you for the interview. They really are artists first and foremost...their talent and skills allow them to express that as they say...and they do so brilliantly:thumbsup:

ETA: This is cute https://www.instagram.com/p/BMrlixRj7i8/

Last edited:

alain06fr

On the Ice
First of all,
Bon anniversaire Guillaume et Adam !
Happy Birthday Guillaume and Adam !

Being in Paris to attend this Grand-Prix, I would like to congratulate the designers of the new Paris Bercy Arena (now called Accor hotels Arena) as this new arena is fantastic, extremely modern with the seats covered by a black leather and the background with its black squares. It’s the most modern arena design I have ever seen so far! Too bad the GPF is not organized in this brand new arena.

Gaby and Guillaume delivered a fantastic SD. As soon as they are in the rink, everything – really EVERYTHING – is about art. Even the way they entered in the rink for the SD and moved to take their starting position was completely amazing. It’s obvious to me that this sequence was also choreographed. Somehow, it’s not a real surprise as we know how picky they are. I was so amazed to watch them in Montréal repeating again, again and again short sequences (of a few seconds) of their programs to reach perfection. Their skating yesterday was already unbelievable and we know they will continue to improve the program in the coming months. Tough judges are strict, they managed to get a score of 78.26 points which is BTW the highest SD score of the season so far. They got a standing ovation once again… like in Stockholm…, Bratislava… Boston… etc. The swing they delivered was completely amazing. The audience was speechless to watch their perfect synchronization and incredible speed when performing the swing.

I know this thread is dedicated to Gaby and Guillaume but I would like to congratulate all the skaters participating to this Grand-Prix here in Paris. We are so lucky to watch such a fantastic event in this beautiful arena because all the skaters are highly talented and hard workers. This had to be said.

I would also like to say that I was really sad for those skaters who did not manage to deliver their SD the way they wanted. I could name here Gracie, Piper&Paul, etc. We know all skaters – soon or late – don’t perform well hence don’t get the results they should expect. I am always pissed off to see so much talent, work and personal engagement spoiled in 3 minutes! So let’s wish them a perfect FD. Be sure we’ll push them as much as we can in the arena!

maya1985

On the Ice
The program of Gaby and Guillaume was fabulous, they're on an another planet...
Gabriela is shining
And bon anniversaire Guillaume!

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Thanks Synian for the link: http://www.programme-tv.net/news/spo...lla-papadakis/
It's a fun quizz to learn a bit more about people's personality. Only Gaby is being asked Here goes:

what's your main personality feature:
- only one ! In that case... Complex !

What's your biggest flaw ?
- Being unorganized. Everywhere, even in my head !

What quality do you prefer in a man ?
- that he's comfortable with his feminine side

What quality do you prefer in a woman ?
- that she's comfortable with his masculine side

What do you value most in your friends ?
- that they follow me and my quirky ideas and that they come up with quirky ideas of their own when I can't

What is your favorite activity ?
- To think about all the things I could do if I had more than one life

Your dream of happiness
- To do whatever I like, always.

What would be your worst tragedy ?
- to lose my brother or sister

The country where you would like to live ?
- Brazil, Italy, Spain...

Your favorite color ?
- red

A flower you like ?
- Tulip, rose

Your favorite authors ?
- Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt, Amélie Nothomb, Marguerite Duras (all French)

Your favorite composers ?
- Hard question, but I'd say Mozart hold a special place in my heart (refering to their 2014/2015 season)

Your favorite fiction heroes ?
- Lorenzo (Lorenzaccio, from Alfred de Musset - esp. played by Francis Huster), Julien Sorel (Le Rouge et le Noir, Stendhal), Peter Pan, Edward's scissors' hands

Your favorite hero in real life ?
- Frida Kahlo, Elizabeth the 1st, and everyone who made the world, mentalities and conventions change in the name of noble and empathic values.

What do you hate above all ?
- Rules without grounds, immobility, conservatism, people making mouth noises while eating, inequalities, narrow-minded people, conflicts.

What is your state of mind at present ?
- Let's love each other !

What is your motto ? (I found the actual quote in English)
Extract from the Invitation by Oriah Moutain Dreamer

- It doesn’t interest me
what you do for a living.
I want to know
what you ache for
and if you dare to dream
of meeting your heart’s longing.

It doesn’t interest me
how old you are.
I want to know
if you will risk
looking like a fool
for love
for your dream
for the adventure of being alive.

If anyone is interested in her here is the link I used http://www.oriahmountaindreamer.com/

Last edited:

alain06fr

On the Ice
Some more news about Gaby and Guillaume FD...

They have modified a bit the music... Very interesting and clever changes I think...
They are constantly fine tuning this FD.
They put so much of themselves in this program so they want it to be perfect
They also reworked the choreography here and there, add some more technical stuff and an amazing lift at the end...
Have fun!

hamaguri

Record Breaker
OMG! I get so moved! They are simply best! Thanks Alain06fr for your live report!
Actually, I was a bit worried about their change in practice circumstance concerning the join of V/M. but nothing to be worried about. Just amazing. They challenge new style, what’ more, they have improved in technically and artistically so much! Love them. Cant wait their FD!