Team Korea Youngsters | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

seabm7

Final Flight
I'm very happy to see that there's a promising young girl to keep an eye on, but I think it's unwise (and unfair) for the KSU to already label her as the second Yuna Kim. The girl's only ten--let her develop her skills first and on her own terms. I'd hate for her to feel that kind of pressure before she even gets onto international competitive ice. That being said, I am excited about this. I like her attitude and hope she goes far. I'll keep her in mind. :)

I don't think KSU is advertising her as the second Yuna Kim. In fact, they are talking about imposing age limit to the national team eligibility, since the minimum age allowed for ISU competitions is 13.

dna5019

Final Flight
I don't think KSU is advertising her as the second Yuna Kim. In fact, they are talking about imposing age limit to the national team eligibility, since the minimum age allowed for ISU competitions is 13.

I hope so. I brought that up since it was mentioned in the translation. I'd hate to have her deal with that kind of pressure at just ten. I'm looking forward to seeing how she grows though. :yay:

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
thanks! they sure look like they are having fun :laugh: and also thanks for sharing the video, combo looks good (well, not so good on 2nd part XD), i am excited to see them compete!:cheer:

me too!
hope we see them in one of the JGPs

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Junehyoung's mum recently tweeted this pic
https://twitter.com/junemom567/status/601693973288071168

looks like some team-building time is going on :think:

an actual news clip about it and the speed skating teams were included as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=60&v=lu5TkvL8vKA

a slightly longer clip about that training: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqWz8jJypSM
and pics from FB: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.697070300404894.1073741994.444948018950458&type=3

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker

Basically some really stupid things done by judges of a competition, and terrible management of the ksu. There was a competition and judge 'A' did not get to her seat in time- skater 'z' had already started when judge A arrived late. Then judge B went over to judge A and handed her a score sheet of Z's artistic marks, as A had not seen that skater's perf. from the beginning(SMH). And there's a pathetic excuse from judge A saying that she saw Z's perf. as she was walking to her seat so there is no problem with her given scores. Then the article talks about how referee 'C' was irresponsible b/c she/he didn't make sure that A was at her seat before the skating began. Also, judge D was short of time and accidentally entered the artistic marks 3 points short.
Very stupid and despicable, but very KSU-like and it disgusts me, especially as a Korean, that there's nothing surprising about this. I'm very sorry for the korean skaters that have to compete and skate under such a poor environment. Good luck to Jun Hwan and all the other promising youngsters, may Yuna's otherworldly mental strength rub off on them.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Basically some really stupid things done by judges of a competition, and terrible management of the ksu. There was a competition and judge 'A' did not get to her seat in time- skater 'z' had already started when judge A arrived late. Then judge B went over to judge A and handed her a score sheet of Z's artistic marks, as A had not seen that skater's perf. from the beginning(SMH). And there's a pathetic excuse from judge A saying that she saw Z's perf. as she was walking to her seat so there is no problem with her given scores. Then the article talks about how referee 'C' was irresponsible b/c she/he didn't make sure that A was at her seat before the skating began. Also, judge D was short of time and accidentally entered the artistic marks 3 points short.
Very stupid and despicable, but very KSU-like and it disgusts me, especially as a Korean, that there's nothing surprising about this. I'm very sorry for the korean skaters that have to compete and skate under such a poor environment. Good luck to Jun Hwan and all the other promising youngsters, may Yuna's otherworldly mental strength rub off on them.

wow thanks

The article even said (google translate-style) that they didn't report this matter right away. People trying to blame each other for their mistakes, especially with the one about referee C being irresponsible. What a mess is this for everyone, including to this skater Z.

s_parks

Record Breaker
wow thanks

The article even said (google translate-style) that they didn't report this matter right away. People trying to blame each other for their mistakes, especially with the one about referee C being irresponsible. What a mess is this for everyone, including to this skater Z.

The frustrating thing is that the KSU can't manage either sport right- look at the viktor ahn/ahn hyun soo issue. The top comment of each article from daum, naver, nate all said, "It's fascinating that a skater/athlete like yuna kim came out of korea." sigh....

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
its a shame really, if they can organize small events like it, even take responsibility for their mistakes how are they gonna handle olympics?? i wish good luck to all the skaters who have to put up with their ignorance :bang:

on a lighter note, seems like CJH is still at Canada but as much as i love it, i feel like his hair is getting out of control :laugh:

bondanrajasya

Rinkside
Jun hwan

I guess cha jun hwan trains in toronto cricket? Because nam recently post his pic with jun hwan on his snapchat? Anyone can give an info about jun hwan training? Thank you

s_parks

Record Breaker
its a shame really, if they can organize small events like it, even take responsibility for their mistakes how are they gonna handle olympics?? i wish good luck to all the skaters who have to put up with their ignorance :bang:

on a lighter note, seems like CJH is still at Canada but as much as i love it, i feel like his hair is getting out of control :laugh:

Well, the preparation for the Olympics hasn't exactly been going swimmingly... yes, good wishes for the skaters indeed.
I desperately want him to get a haircut, but if he improves leaps and bounds in his skating, I support I won't mind the hair. :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Well, the preparation for the Olympics hasn't exactly been going swimmingly... yes, good wishes for the skaters indeed.
I desperately want him to get a haircut, but if he improves leaps and bounds in his skating, I support I won't mind the hair. :laugh:

yeah, he has been there for almost 3 months, i cant wait to see his progress next season!!!

Suze

Rinkside
I disagree. Like Samson, CJH's power (and cuteness) comes from his hair!! However I would advise him to smooth it down a bit after practice 😉

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I disagree. Like Samson, CJH's power (and cuteness) comes from his hair!! However I would advise him to smooth it down a bit after practice 😉

i love his hair too, jealous of his hair actually, :laugh:, just not this long :slink: but maybe as you said it was after practice :)

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yep, wouldn't be surprised to see him succeed on that 3A after all this time in Toronto. Either way, I just wish for him to steadily improve without injuries!

s_parks

Record Breaker
I think it's best for him to train in Canada in the mean time. A Mers outbreak has been reported in SK lately: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33002795

Ah, yes. Heard about this all over. Though I don't think people should be panicking(I may or may not be downplaying the severity, but either way, panicking never did anyone good), it would be best for Jun Hwan to stay there for now. I'm sure his parents want to keep him in Canada or the US as well especially since he's already in NA, until it subsides.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
About Cha Jun Hwan, he may become one of Orser's students.
I heard that his name is in entry lists of 2015 Skate Detroit, which will held in July.
And I found his name is under Brian Orser's. Check this out.

http://comp.entryeeze.com/CoachSkaters.aspx?id=96040

i wouldnt be surprised since Nam and Jun Hwan seem close and Nam sharing many pictures,i cant wait for next season already :laugh: i wonder how brian handles all those students :confused:
:hijacked: elizabet is gonna be there too??? but it says not approved yet