Team Korea Youngsters | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
There will be 2nd test skating of 2015 this Sunday at Taereung Ice rink. (They do this 4 times a year)
Many skaters are going to participate to get levels.

KSU divided skating levels as pre, and 1 to 8.
Skaters don`t need to test twice if they once get the level, but they have to get all levels step by step.
Only skaters who get higher than level 7 can participate junior grand prix qualification event, which will be held on August 1~2.
And skaters of level 5~6 can participate as junior in Nationals, and 7~8 can participate as senior in Nationals regardless of their age.

KSU recently enhance the criteria to get those levels.
Skaters have to perform 2 kinds of triple jumps among 3Lz, 3F, and 3Lo to get level 7. And they have to perform free skating with ISU senior rules, including double axel, two kinds of triple jumps and one 3-2. Men is same as above, but they have to perform 3-3 rather than 3-2, and 3 kinds of triple jumps in their free skating.

To get level 8, women should perform 3 kinds of triple jumps and one 3-3 jump, which is different kind of jump they perform solely. They also have to do 3 kinds of triple jumps and one 3-3 in their free skating. Men should do 4 kinds of triple jumps and one triple axel.

At Sunday`s test skating, Hyun soo Lee (2015 nats junior champion) will challenge for level 7, and Young You (S6) will challenge for level 8. Also, Yun kyung Kam, Seo Young Shin will challenge for level 6.

17 skaters are going to participate for level 5, 11 are for level 6, 7 are for level 7, and 3 are for level 8.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I'm wondering who we might see shot up in Korean figure skating like Yerim, next season. A skater who isn't coached by the big 3 (Shin, Jung, and Ryu) but has the technical merit to beat SY's TES. I would prefer for that skater to have better jumping skills though. Yerim's jumps do make me worry since she relies on fast rotation and not a lot of height.

Finnstep

Final Flight
Reports say that Yoo Young has qualified for level 8. Congrats to her:cheer:

She popped an Axel, but she landed other jumps(3Lz+2T, 3Lo, 3F+3T, 3F+3T, 3S, 2A) well.:)

albinayjna

Rinkside
I watched today's level test. YOU Young showed new free program for level 8. Her 'Bollywood' program is so sensational!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I watched today's level test. YOU Young showed new free program for level 8. Her 'Bollywood' program is so sensational!

Do you have a video link? I love Bollywood programs. It looks like some exciting talents coming up. Keep up the good work.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Do you have a video link? I love Bollywood programs. It looks like some exciting talents coming up. Keep up the good work.

Here's some video clips of qualified participants.

Level 8. Young You (1 out of 3 Qualified)

Level 7. Hyun soo Lee, Su hyun Kim, Min seo Yoon (3 out of 7 Qualified)

Level 6. Yun kyung Kam, Seo young Shin, Ye joo Oh, Eun seo Lee (4 out of 10 Qualified)

Now Su hyun Kim and Min seo Yoon get qualification to participate Junior grand prix qualification event on early August.
I think Hyun soo Lee is not eligible yet.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Thanks for the links. Must check it out.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Go Young You!!!!!!!!!! Gosh i remember the days when i use to rave, and hearing SHM mixes all the time....... Anyways, i loved how she paid attention to little details in her music. Hopefully she receives scores she deserves in international conpetitions....

yyyskate

Record Breaker
very impressed by Young You's Bollywood number, definitely keep an eye on her from now on.
very intricate choreo for such a young age!