What are you listening to right now? | Page 53 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not listening to them right now, but I went to see Muse last night play a benefit concert in NYC. I was familiar with some of their songs (mostly through figure skating, lol), so I was surprised how, um head banging/straight up rock some of their songs are. I was expecting more of a Radiohead/Sigur Ros kind of ethereal thing, but it was much more straightforward. Also the show was only an hour and 20 minutes, so I imagine they didn't have time to do all parts of Exogenesis, lol.

Anyway, here's my shaky camera work on "Uprising" (due to the bouncing of the risers I was on) which may be familiar to most of you as part of Duhamel/Radford's free skate music this season.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm not listening to them right now, but I went to see Muse last night play a benefit concert in NYC. I was familiar with some of their songs (mostly through figure skating, lol), so I was surprised how, um head banging/straight up rock some of their songs are. I was expecting more of a Radiohead/Sigur Ros kind of ethereal thing, but it was much more straightforward. Also the show was only an hour and 20 minutes, so I imagine they didn't have time to do all parts of Exogenesis, lol.

Anyway, here's my shaky camera work on "Uprising" (due to the bouncing of the risers I was on) which may be familiar to most of you as part of Duhamel/Radford's free skate music this season.

thank you a lot for sharing the experience, apgold! I do think, seeing Muse on clips from live performances, a lot of their songs seem more 'rock', edgier than studio records, and for me it's a great thing. 'Uprising', 'Supermassive Black Hole' or 'Psycho' are powerful songs for me alone, but live...They could become a sheer, raw force of sound. And the thing I value in Muse probably the most is the variety they can achieve in their music: there is soft, there is edgy, there is hard...

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
thank you a lot for sharing the experience, apgold! I do think, seeing Muse on clips from live performances, a lot of their songs seem more 'rock', edgier than studio records, and for me it's a great thing. 'Uprising', 'Supermassive Black Hole' or 'Psycho' are powerful songs for me alone, but live...They could become a sheer, raw force of sound. And the thing I value in Muse probably the most is the variety they can achieve in their music: there is soft, there is edgy, there is hard...

One of my favorite Muse albums is Origin of Symmetry, which I think is their second studio release, before they became huge. It is a lot edgier and less produced than their more commercially well known albums, which appeals to me.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Ten Duel Commandments from Hamilton.

I'm not going to lie, I'm seriously contemplating skating to this. It's even the right length!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
My music is all over the place today (as it normally is haha), but the first two are very special. :biggrin:

Hold You In My Arms-Ray LaMontagne

All This Time-OneRepublic

Serenade For Strings-Dvořák

Come Fly With Me(Live)-Michael Buble

I Lived-OneRepublic (and for a bonus here's Ryan Bradley skating to it. ;))

'I Lived' is close to my heart, too - it reminds me of Autumn 2014 when I started my first work and was sent to London for a month, I remember walking by Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park listening to this song:)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Serenade in G Major: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik K. 525 II. Romance: Andante-By Mozart