Nathan Chen | Page 503 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
The McDonald’s IG story yesterday

I think kinda upset some of his younger fans. Some aren’t even teens yet - ok, maybe they shouldn’t be on instagram - but they are.

heyheyhey

Final Flight
The McDonald’s IG story yesterday

I think kinda upset some of his younger fans. Some aren’t even teens yet - ok, maybe they shouldn’t be on instagram - but they are.

Upset why? Is that why it was deleted?

With the Japanese fans it seems rather innocent but idk sheetz would probably know better, is it something focused on more than I’ve assumed?

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Upset why? Is that why it was deleted?

About him cursing. Though I still don’t think it was him talking.

I don’t know if that’s the reason it was deleted though.

Keep in mind that some of these fans are kids - and they really idealize Nathan.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
About him cursing. Though I still don’t think it was him talking.

I don’t know if that’s the reason it was deleted though.

Keep in mind that some of these fans are kids - and they really idealize Nathan.

Idealize or Idolize? LOL

heyheyhey

Final Flight
Oh, i didn’t think that much when posted. My first reaction was the fan must just finished reading that long boring confusing ISU proposal.

Maybe I should not mentioned that.

No, it’s ok. There’s nothing wrong with posting it, it’s not like I haven’t seen comments like that before anyways. It’s just something I’ve noticed many fans of athletes do and I get it’s usually coming from a good place but like...they’re elite athletes, they kinda already know what they need to improve on and such lol, they don’t really need fans help. It’s just funny is all, I don’t take it seriously :)

sheetz

Record Breaker
With the Japanese fans it seems rather innocent but idk sheetz would probably know better, is it something focused on more than I’ve assumed?

Some of the stuff in Japanese I found rather tasteless. Like speculating on where his roaming eyes will wander on his Japanese trips. :rolleye:

heyheyhey

Final Flight
Some of the stuff in Japanese I found rather tasteless. Like speculating on where his roaming eyes will wander on his Japanese trips. :rolleye:

Yikes. Not cool to attach that kinda image onto him when he’s never exhibited or portrayed himself in that way. Fans are the ones who link him to every girl that breathes on him, he’s not the one roaming. Are those from actual Nathan fans or from like FS fans in general that have a certain image of him?

@oatmella oh yea, I forgot there was cursing lol. Well it might not have even been him but yea he does have to be careful with that given the wide range of demographic he attracts.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Yikes. Not cool to attach that kinda image onto him when he’s never exhibited or portrayed himself in that way. Fans are the ones who link him to every girl that breathes on him, he’s not the one roaming. Are those from actual Nathan fans or from like FS fans in general that have a certain image of him?

Nathan's fans.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
think about how many posts/attention that one high(low) five between Nathan and Alina at SOI Japan got.

poor guy - surely there will be more gossip this summer

And I think the attention is from actual Nathan fans (well at least some of it is)

heyheyhey

Final Flight
Nathan's fans.

😬 well I hope it’s more of the minority. Are the Japanese fans like this with other male skaters? Just curious

Nathan will have to make sure he never makes any direct eye contact with Marin or Eunsoo or is pictured in the same frame

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
these girls are also too young for Nathan !

but I guess age isn't a factor for something like shipping him and Mai

sheetz

Record Breaker
😬 well I hope it’s more of the minority. Are the Japanese fans like this with other male skaters? Just curious

Nathan will have to make sure he never makes any direct eye contact with Marin or Eunsoo or is pictured in the same frame

I think it's a thing with pop culture icons in Asia. They have to work hard to keep their private lives out of the public eye, unlike in the West where it's usually not a big deal.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Because it's all about who THEY as fans like and want to ship with, as illogical as it may be, IMO it's stupid all around. :laugh:

heyheyhey

Final Flight
I think it's a thing with pop culture icons in Asia. They have to work hard to keep their private lives out of the public eye, unlike in the West where it's usually not a big deal.

Oh, so you mean they’re not used to public figures being open about their friendships/relationships so when he’s chummy with girls, they take more seriously. Interesting because yea this is absolutely nothing in the West lol, very tame

Haha well he did give Mai the heart eyes in their pics so maybe some latch on to that 😂

heyheyhey

Final Flight
Because it's all about who THEY as fans like and want to ship with, as illogical as it may be, IMO it's stupid all around. :laugh:

True but they ship him with EVERY girl (that’s not older). At some point, even if it’s just for fun, you can’t possibly think he would have time to juggle that many girls, I mean really 😂