Nathan Chen | Page 504 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I don’t remember anything special about his posts about Mai. That is why I had no idea what is the excitement about the ship.

I don't think any of the posts were particularly special/exciting - it was that there was a series of them - with the 😍

heyheyhey

Final Flight
Well I think many have settled on the 2chenz train for now as their preferred pairing so maybe that’ll tame down the excessive shipping for awhile...(yea right lol)

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
haha yeah right - wait until Nathan returns to Japan

I think Nathan and Mai also did SBS triples at one of the recent SOI shows (not televised though and I think no video allowed), which I guess some found exciting

sheetz

Record Breaker
Well I think many have settled on the 2chenz train for now as their preferred pairing so maybe that’ll tame down the excessive shipping for awhile...(yea right lol)

No. Like I said, they believe the train will get derailed on the trip to Japan. :rolleye:

SkatingMusic

On the Ice
Not familiar with the whole "shipping culture". Is it more pervasive in skating compared to the other sports? Is it more pervasive in Asian countries than the west? Does Nathan get "shipped" more than other skaters?

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Is Karen doing any shows in Japan (or has she before)? - I don't think so, but I don't know for sure

seems that The Ice cast has been growing - maybe they should add her too - lol

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Is Karen doing any shows in Japan (or has she before)? - I don't think so, but I don't know for sure

seems that The Ice cast has been growing - maybe they should add her too - lol

IIRC she is not. She's going to be getting choreo and training now.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Not familiar with the whole "shipping culture". Is it more pervasive in skating compared to the other sports? Is it more pervasive in Asian countries than the west? Does Nathan get "shipped" more than other skaters?

I think because figure skating has more female fans it's a lot more pervasive there. Pretty much all top skaters get shipped to some extent but Nathan kind of leaves himself open to this due to his sometimes unorthodox and unguarded behavior.

SkatingMusic

On the Ice
I think because figure skating has more female fans it's a lot more pervasive there. Pretty much all top skaters get shipped to some extent but Nathan kind of leaves himself open to this due to his sometimes unorthodox behavior.

Nathan's unorthodox behavior :laugh:

sheetz

Record Breaker
Seriously? ??

Unfortunately for them, Alina is going to be there. I am not shipping any of them, that derailment just sounds so funny

There is very strong support for Alina there, too. In fact, people are talking about the Nathan-Alina-Shoma "triangle."

hhh

TBFF is my 📲 and maybe few bites of browni
Final Flight
True but they ship him with EVERY girl (that’s not older). At some point, even if it’s just for fun, you can’t possibly think he would have time to juggle that many girls, I mean really 😂

Oh bahahaha best comment of the day, but you may get slapped with a warning ⚠️ 👉🏼 using juggle but bahaha

Idealized +1 that’s the strange part, the personal emotions these fans invest in their idols are a bit scary, they place the idol in a glass case as they see fit and then backlash them when the idol aka a human has his/her personality, it’s an abnormal trend, I feel bad for those people, something imbalanced. Nathan is a teenager foremost, let him be a teenage boy. Plus, countless girls who aren’t his friends post similar photos, that’s the norm in IG/Twitter realm.

@bonita I don’t think he’ll be ready for the June shows.

There’s no taming in shipping and that’s part of the fans world, it’s not always about being professional, as long as no ill intend.

heyheyhey

Final Flight
Is he even that unorthodoxed compared to most US skaters, he’s pretty tame in comparison but I guess in Asian cultures it would be seen as such and he is Asian

There is very strong support for Alina there, too. In fact, people are talking about the Nathan-Alina-Shoma "triangle."

Pffftttt 😂 😂 😂

This sounds like an episode of Days of Our Lives. I didn’t even know Shoma was shipped with anyone, that boy does not look interested in anything outside the rink but sleep tbh

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker

I thought that was just a joke? I remember some posts about how Shoma was doing the gentlemanly hand (but not actually touching her) on Alina's back in the show

I'm not sure though as I don't know Japanese and English translations are not very good

hhh

TBFF is my 📲 and maybe few bites of browni
Final Flight
Is he even that unorthodoxed compared to most US skaters, he’s pretty tame in comparison but I guess in Asian cultures it would be seen as such and he is Asian

Pffftttt 😂 😂 😂

This sounds like an episode of Days of Our Lives. I didn’t even know Shoma was shipped with anyone, that boy does not look interested in anything outside the rink but sleep tbh

Just because they did a number together, just because they stood together at the presscon and or on ice, and just because fans like who ever the two skaters are so a cruise line is established. The promoters should do shipping ice shows and can’t wait to see how fast the tickets are sold out.

heyheyhey

Final Flight
Haha I only know bc some of my mutuals are into it and there’s always some weird shipping thing going on with members. I never remember the group names tho, there’s a billion of them lol (I cannot identify a BTS from a VHS to save my life idk lol)

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I cannot identify a BTS from a VHS to save my life idk lol - hahaahaha

as for the young fans who were kinda upset by the McDonald's video - I don't think there was backlash or anything - I think some were just a bit disappointed and/or hoping it wasn't him speaking in the video.

heyheyhey

Final Flight
Listen guys, I’ve seen the costumes Shoma and Hanyu have been wearing on these ice shows (and the reactions to them) and I just want to say I don’t wanna hear any complaining about Nathan costumes ever again ok. You have no idea how good we have it, we should be grateful, I’m just sayin’ 😂