2015-16 Grand Prix Final Tickets Barcelona | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Tickets Barcelona

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Were they electronic tickets or physical tickets sent by mail?

What's better, sitting on the side behind judges or opposite judges? Closer to Kiss & Cry or to the southern side?

This is like planning a war campaign...

My friend was sitting on the judges side. He was very happy with his place. He told me it was possible to sit closer to the rink on first two days without any problem. At least he and couple more people did so, security workers didn't mind.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
The schedule has been posted. I'm a bit surprised, looks like generally they start later and also end later (which is not a big issue, thankfully, metros run until midnight on Thursday, and well into the night on Friday through Sunday).
But, the Men's SP (senior) is already on Thursday, the Pairs free already on Friday, and there are two Junior programs on Saturday. Pretty sure they changed some things there with last year.

Caustica

Final Flight
The schedule has been posted. I'm a bit surprised, looks like generally they start later and also end later (which is not a big issue, thankfully, metros run until midnight on Thursday, and well into the night on Friday through Sunday).
But, the Men's SP (senior) is already on Thursday, the Pairs free already on Friday, and there are two Junior programs on Saturday. Pretty sure they changed some things there with last year.

Yeah, last year all junior shorts were Thursday afternoon, all junior frees were Friday afternoon. Evenings and Saturday were reserved for seniors.

Not sure why they have changed it to the new schedule. The only explanation I can think of is that Spanish people may not like to attend the competition on Saturday afternoon...? Now all the senior programs are in the evening.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Well, that would be a reasonable explanation. Seniors draw more attention and larger audience than juniors. By putting all senior competitions in the evenings, more people can attend without having to take time off from work.

Caustica

Final Flight
Well, that would be a reasonable explanation. Seniors draw more attention and larger audience than juniors. By putting all senior competitions in the evenings, more people can attend without having to take time off from work.

I wasn't aware that people in Spain tended to work during Saturday afternoons?

Rissa

Record Breaker
So I'm a happy owner of a decent (hopefully) ticket but I'm here to comment on how those seats on the judges side sold FAST. Like, wow, 20 min and they were gone, unless there's some policy of witholding some. And the VIP seats too, despite the price. :shocked: Up there with hot concerts.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I've had quite some experience over the years with booking tickets for fast-selling events, but this one even took me by surprise. I couldn't figure out how to book more than one seat at the same time at first, that cost me a few very precious minutes, and I finally ended up taking what I could get, which was dead center second row opposite the judges. Very happy with it, but wow, the judges' side was madness.

Caustica

Final Flight
I bought golden tickets... *proceeds to cry over my wallet*

But really. The tickets went SO quickly this time around! Just because I was maybe a minute late, or something? It's really suspicious!

Caustica

Final Flight
What seats have you guys gotten? I managed to get 6th row (golden ticket) in Box 2 (judges' side)... It was seriously mad... I was planning on getting the cheaper tickets to begin with but the best ones I could find were on the 15th row (judges' side)!!

Rissa

Record Breaker
What seats have you guys gotten? I managed to get 6th row (golden ticket) in Box 2 (judges' side)... It was seriously mad... I was planning on getting the cheaper tickets to begin with but the best ones I could find were on the 15th row (judges' side)!!

Since people said the visibility is good in the venue, I decided to save some money and not to go for a golden ticket and I took 12 row on the judges side, slightly left off center. I'll get binoculars just in case. :) I'm definitely jealous of your 6th row though, hah.

But really. The tickets went SO quickly this time around! Just because I was maybe a minute late, or something? It's really suspicious!

It could be scalpers, I suppose (it'll be interesting to see if any/how many tickets end up on resale sites), but then the venue is not terribly big, prices are affordable compared to some other hot sports or entertainmnet events, the number of good seats is limited, and the interest amongst the Spanish people must have risen considerably (my friend who studies Spanish has heard of Javi's winning championships even though she's not in the least interested in figure skating). The twitter and facebook had around 4000 followers each. I was definitely there in front of my computer at 12:00 exactly and got very nervous when all I got was "website under construction" notice.

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
Since people said the visibility is good in the venue, I decided to save some money and not to go for a golden ticket and I took 12 row on the judges side, slightly left off center. I'll get binoculars just in case. :) I'm definitely jealous of your 6th row though, hah.

Wow! 12th row is pretty good! I definitely couldn't find anything like that on the judges' side. Are you in Box 4, then?

Last year I got 10th row... I was wondering : do any of you remember which rows were "gold" tickets last year? I'm thinking about whether or not they increased the proportion of gold seats.

Also, as for having more seats : if I remember correctly, last year there were 18 rows as well. So I'm not really sure where their expanded seats are coming from.

kalfalina

Spectator
hi! can I ask you something, because I'm new to this! :eek:: How/when can one buy tickets for single events? instead of the 5 days package? I doubt that I will be able to be 5 days in Barcelona...

Caustica

Final Flight
Wow, now even the 3 centre boxes (out of 5) opposite-to-judges' side are sold out. This is really insane. Last year I managed to get good seats despite buying tickets like a week after they came out, or something!!!

Caustica

Final Flight
hi! can I ask you something, because I'm new to this! :eek:: How/when can one buy tickets for single events? instead of the 5 days package? I doubt that I will be able to be 5 days in Barcelona...

According to the Facebook page, in October.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
We're in Boca 11, row 2, opposite the judges. I was in row 3 last year, right behind the judges, and I did desperately want to be that close to the ice again; in the end, that decided it for me. Don't really mind sitting opposite the judges for a change, it's just for the competition, I can get enough of the 'proper' side of the performances during the practices (which I immediately got tickets for, as well, when I realized how fast everything was selling).

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
What a blood bath. I've never seen anything like it outside of Japan. It is likely to be a sellout very soon.

I had front row on the judges side, close to the middle. Payment processor failed, so back to square one.
Then I had front row opposite the judges. Payment processor failed, so back to square one. Again.
Repeat 3 more times with seats successively further back and in "less desirable" positions... until it finally took my money!

Phew. Didn't get my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th choice of seats LOL, how unlucky! But the view is good from almost anywhere in the arena, so no big deal. I am happy! :-D

Caustica

Final Flight
We're in Boca 11, row 2, opposite the judges. I was in row 3 last year, right behind the judges, and I did desperately want to be that close to the ice again; in the end, that decided it for me. Don't really mind sitting opposite the judges for a change, it's just for the competition, I can get enough of the 'proper' side of the performances during the practices (which I immediately got tickets for, as well, when I realized how fast everything was selling).

Ooh, nice! So you didn't find the railing to be a bother last year, sitting so near the front? Oh, practices this year once again don't have allocated seating, right? I think I will wait to buy individual tickets for practices since I doubt I can make Wednesday.

Wow, I'm so excited now! and the GP circuit hasn't even started yet, not even for juniors!

Lysambre

Final Flight

We will be neighbours, I think I got my two seats in row 4 or 5 in that same box... They went crazy fast, it was scary o_O

Caustica

Final Flight
What a blood bath. I've never seen anything like it outside of Japan. It is likely to be a sellout very soon.

I had front row on the judges side, close to the middle. Payment processor failed, so back to square one.
Then I had front row opposite the judges. Payment processor failed, so back to square one. Again.
Repeat 3 more times with seats successively further back and in "less desirable" positions... until it finally took my money!

Phew. Didn't get my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th choice of seats LOL, how unlucky! But the view is good from almost anywhere in the arena, so no big deal. I am happy! :-D

I was so shocked by the quick ticket sales. I wonder where most of the people are from! The obvious answer is Japan, but really, such an increase from last year? Maybe the dubious attraction of Mao? (Dubious because we don't know her state atm?)

It sucks that the payment processor kept failing for you :/ What are the seats that you ended up getting?

Caustica

Final Flight
We will be neighbours, I think I got my two seats in row 4 or 5 in that same box... They went crazy fast, it was scary o_O

Cool! I'll wave to you ~
You must have been really quick to be able to get those seats! Box 2 was totally sold out most of the time I was browsing; then I suddenly saw two golden tickets and snatched them up.

On another note, I wonder what the K&C area will look like this year. It's a lot bigger!