Who's Going to Worlds? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who's Going to Worlds?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
To anyone that has ordered online: Once you proceed to checkout, you're supposed to input your seating request, but I don't understand how you view which individual seats are available. :confused: Is there a second map or picture I'm missing completely? Sorry if I am being an airhead here.. :palmf:

There's a seating chart graphic listed twice on this page:

http://worlds2016.com/tickets/

Also TD Garden:

http://www.tdgarden.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/map_bruins.pdf

If you're looking for details right down to the rows and seat numbers, you can pull up interactive seating for TDGarden events, or a website like: https://seatgeek.com/venues/td-garden/seating-chart/ (these maps are not Worlds-specific and may not be 100% accurate for that specific event)

If the question is: "What exactly is available right now?"... there's no real answer to that because they haven't opened up individual ticket sales which would enable interactive seating, so you basically just have to give them a few requests, and they will pick the closest match they can find. (I think you are allowed to change your seats at least once for a short time, if you don't like their selection.)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
There's a seating chart graphic listed twice on this page:

http://worlds2016.com/tickets/

Also TD Garden:

http://www.tdgarden.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/map_bruins.pdf

If you're looking for details right down to the rows and seat numbers, you can pull up interactive seating for TDGarden events, or a website like: https://seatgeek.com/venues/td-garden/seating-chart/ (these maps are not Worlds-specific and may not be 100% accurate for that specific event)

If the question is: "What exactly is available right now?"... there's no real answer to that because they haven't opened up individual ticket sales which would enable interactive seating, so you basically just have to give them a few requests, and they will pick the closest match they can find. (I think you are allowed to change your seats at least once for a short time, if you don't like their selection.)

Thanks for the quick, detailed reply! :yay:
Glad to hear I wasn't simply missing where the seats were listed. I started to wonder just how remarkably daft I was?:dumb:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I don't think you need to be all that detailed (unless you want to be), especially since the seats are pretty limited at this point in many sections.

I didn't give rows or seat numbers in my request, I just said something like 'Section X or Y, closest to the ice".

winky97

Medalist
E
I'm planning on going but I still haven't bought tickets. I wasn't sure if I should buy Balcony seats because I'm afraid it will be too far away to see the skating well. So I decided to apply to be a volunteer. I'm from the West Coast so unfortunately I'm not sure if I have a good chance of getting picked as a volunteer, since they'll probably choose Skating Club of Boston people. But if I'm lucky enough to be chosen, that could give me 2 free balcony tickets. If that happens, I would probably buy some better seats for the ladies and men's FS and use the balcony tickets for the ladies and men's SP. Or buy 3 good seats and use the volunteer tickets for the Gala and one of the SPs.

Did anybody here go to Nationals 2014 and sit in the balcony? Was it worth it or is it better to splurge on better seats?

I know individual good seats (not front row, but in the bowl) will probably be very expensive. $695/8 events = ~$87. I'm expecting the individual tickets will cost a bit more than this, since all-event tickets are usually at a better price than individual tickets... So around ~$260 if I decide to buy 3 individual tickets for the men/ladies SP/FS. I know all event balcony tickets are $250 but I don't mind paying $260 if I can get better seats for the events I care about the most. I do love dance and pairs but I don't think the competition will be as excited for those categories since those results are a bit more obvious.

But if I do buy individual tickets, I'm afraid that I won't be able to get a practice ticket either. It's so hard to decide!! If I get to volunteer, I was hoping the volunteer credential lets you watch the practices, at least the ones at TD garden. But I would have to wait til January to know if I get chosen or not, and by then I'm afraid the tickets might be sold out or that the prices will go up.

Any advice? This will be my first skating event.

I too am planning on using Airbnb. I originally planned on a hotel, but then I discovered Airbnb lol. But who knows, I may decide to splurge on a hotel. The experience sounds fun! And I'll be traveling alone so it's probably best to be in a hotel. I would love to meet more skating fans, though.

I purchased an all event seat in the balcony. Tried to get balcony circle but the did not have any available center ice. I was able to get something in the 5th row. I got worried about the view and started getting worried but I chatted with some on FB who sat in the balcony for Nationals and she said the views were fine. Depending on the price I may treat myself to a better seat for a couple of events. I considered Airbnb but a place I was looking at is booked now So I will probably just keep my hotel room that I reserved. Since I am traveling alone it might be easier for me to meet others staying at the hotel.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
How much is all event?

www.worlds2016.com/tickets has all the pricing info. Also on the page is what the all-event ticket covers:

All-Event Tickets
An all-event ticket package is a book of individual tickets to all 8 of the week’s individual competitions. Each of the 8 tickets is for the same TD Garden seat. An all-event ticket also includes a reusable practice pass for admission to all practice sessions at the TD Garden. Practices at the secondary arena are closed to the public due to lack of seating. Practice passes are only available as part of an all-event ticket and will not be sold separately. Please note that an all-event ticket does not include a ticket to the Exhibition of Champions, which is sold separately. Please see below for more information about the Exhibition of Champions.

Candi

Rinkside
I sign up for volunteering also. tell me more about yourself. I will concern share accommodtion. I am going alone too from NYC.

yuzushenko

On the Ice
Does anyone know if a volunteer credential can get you into the practice sessions? At least for the ones at TD Garden? And are volunteers invited to the banquet?

E

I purchased an all event seat in the balcony. Tried to get balcony circle but the did not have any available center ice. I was able to get something in the 5th row. I got worried about the view and started getting worried but I chatted with some on FB who sat in the balcony for Nationals and she said the views were fine. Depending on the price I may treat myself to a better seat for a couple of events. I considered Airbnb but a place I was looking at is booked now So I will probably just keep my hotel room that I reserved. Since I am traveling alone it might be easier for me to meet others staying at the hotel.

Ah I see, that's good to hear! What hotel are you staying at? Most hotels I looked at seem to cost almost $1000 for the duration of the event :(

Candi

Rinkside
I am female. I am fan of Hanyu too. I sign up volunteers for translater. I spoke Chinese.

winky97

Medalist
W
Does anyone know if a volunteer credential can get you into the practice sessions? At least for the ones at TD Garden? And are volunteers invited to the banquet?

Ah I see, that's good to hear! What hotel are you staying at? Most hotels I looked at seem to cost almost $1000 for the duration of the event :(

Booked at Wyndam, but have been keeping my eyes open for a cheaper option if available, because it is well over $1,000 for the duration of the event. I wanted to make sure I had something locked in, but have been keeping eyes opened for something cheaper, but still close to the TD Garden.

Candi

Rinkside
I'm going and considered the air bnb option but got worried about getting lonely since I am coming alone and figured it might be easier meeting other skating people if I stayed at one of the hotels so I booked at Wyndam. I keep thinking about it though because going to Worlds is not exactly the cheapest undertaking. Excited though. I went to Skate America this past weekend and had a great time. I too am in the rafters at Worlds. Can't remember my section but I am just about center ice row 5 all event ticket. Could not make myself pull the tigger to drop big bucks for better seats. Once I see how some of my favorite ladies and men are doing this season and feel confident they will be at worlds I may treat myself to one or two tickets for better seats.

Wyndam how many days did you book?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have six nights at the Wyndham (IIRC there are a lot of us there), for about $1500. Don't ask me to do the conversion to AUD because I am NOT HAPPY about that. GO BACK UP, AUD! :tantrum:

(Watching the AUD against the USD plummet basically ever since I made the decision to go to Worlds is something of a nightmare...and it might get even worse before I actually land in the US...)

Sjs5572

Final Flight
I organized a group dinner for 2014 Nationals, and I'd like to do the same for 2016 Worlds. Based on schedule, Saturday at 4:30 PM would be best, between Pairs' Free and Ladies' Free. I have a $100 coupon for Filippo's Italian Restaurant, a five minute walk to TD Garden, so it should be a reasonable meal. Private message me if interested. Sam

Last edited:

yuzushenko

On the Ice
Does anybody know how long after getting the background check does it take for the volunteer committee to contact you?

Tammi

On the Ice
Does anybody know how long after getting the background check does it take for the volunteer committee to contact you?
From the Volunteer section of the Worlds website,

Selections
Due to the unique nature of this event and the high number of expected registrants, the volunteer committee cannot guarantee that everyone who applies will be selected for a position. All applicants selected to volunteer will be notified on or before January 15, 2016.

Regarding single session sales and Gala Exhibition, anyone who signed up for notifications on the Worlds 2016 website should be on the lookout for emails within the next 10-14 days for further details.