Roman Sadovsky | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Roman Sadovsky

Kuan

Final Flight
I'm not sure if Nam was telling the truth or not, but I've been told that he apparently said in an Instagram livestream a couple of weeks ago that Roman wouldn't receive any JGP assignments because he has moved up to the senior ranks. Is there anyone who can confirm what Nam said?

If it is true, do you think it is possible for Roman to get the TBA spot for skate canada? :scratch2: I would love to see him there, but they also could pick Nadeau.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If it is true, do you think it is possible for Roman to get the TBA spot for skate canada? :scratch2: I would love to see him there, but they also could pick Nadeau.

It's possible, but it may not be probable. He has to fight for it, and I'd imagine that Nguyen (if he doesn't mind the time crunch with Rostelecom Cup) and Nadeau are the front runners, plus there's Baldé, Firus and perhaps Toman (who had placed one spot higher than Sadovsky for the past two Canadian Championships) in the mix. I assume that the 2017 Minto Summer Skate will be the first test because Roman will be competing against all of these guys (minus Baldé).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It's possible, but it may not be probable. He has to fight for it, and I'd imagine that Nguyen (if he doesn't mind the time crunch with Rostelecom Cup) and Nadeau are the front runners, plus there's Baldé, Firus and perhaps Toman (who had placed one spot higher than Sadovsky for the past two Canadian Championships) in the mix. I assume that the 2017 Minto Summer Skate will be the first test because Roman will be competing against all of these guys (minus Baldé).

also ACI might be a factor.... we will see who gets what and when but I wouldn't be surprised if they were to wait until ACI. I think that Nam is a clear favourite as he only has one GP and if he does well this summer, they may want to boost his chances to do well for canada at the olympics.... Reynolds have his own opportunities already.

I would think that Nick would also get a chance as well... tough for Roman and all our boys right now... but good news, I can see that the top 6-7 guys may have a shot at 4cc this year, if not worlds, with the possible retirements or skipping worlds that will happen after olympics...

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case anyone wants to know the specifics of Nam's claim, a fan had inquired during the livestream, "Which JGP are you going to Roman?", and Nam's reply was, "None because he's now in senior." Nam and Jack Dushenski then teased Roman about his new elite status, and Roman got annoyed and said, "Stop talking about that."

Kuan

Final Flight
Aww, sad. :sad21: Hope he gets at least some senior B's.
I don't know if this has been posted, but here is a smily Sady for you. Thank you Siberia and 4everchan! I like him since GPF in Barcelona when I saw him live for the first time.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Aww, sad. :sad21: Hope he gets at least some senior B's.

Keep in mind that they could be joking. It's my understanding that not everything on their livestreams should be taken seriously, but I can't tell if Nam is pulling our leg.

I don't know if this has been posted, but here is a smily Sady for you.

I've never seen that image before, thank you for sharing! Past Roman was so adorable :luv17: , and Present Roman looks so goofy. :laugh: I hope you post more often on this thread, Kuan. :) It would be nice for me not to feel like I'm talking to myself sometimes. :p

I like him since GPF in Barcelona when I saw him live for the first time.

Out of curiosity, was it the 2014 or 2015 JGPF?

Kuan

Final Flight
Keep in mind that they could be joking. It's my understanding that not everything on their livestreams should be taken seriously, but I can't tell if Nam is pulling our leg.

I've never seen that image before, thank you for sharing! Past Roman was so adorable :luv17: , and Present Roman looks so goofy. :laugh: I hope you post more often on this thread, Kuan. :) It would be nice for me not to feel like I'm talking to myself sometimes. :p

Out of curiosity, was it the 2014 or 2015 JGPF?

2015. Poor boy fell and poped a lot, but I still fell in love with his skating. :love: I did not attend GPF 2014 because Patrick was not there. He is my main reason for travelling abroad for skating. But I have a soft spot for all canadian skaters.

I have the feeling it is true. At least I would understand if he did not want to skate his 6th junior season. I just hope to see him compete a lot (with good streeming-.-)

Kuan

Final Flight
Don't feel lonely my friend! :console: There are a lot of Roman fans and RoNam supporters. ;) Here is a little gift for you! :ghug:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
2015. Poor boy fell and poped a lot, but I still fell in love with his skating. :love:

I know exactly what you mean; even when he doesn't jump well, there's still a lot to admire about his non-jump elements. :bow:

I have the feeling it is true. At least I would understand if he did not want to skate his 6th junior season. I just hope to see him compete a lot (with good streeming-.-)

I hadn't considered that if Roman is indeed a full-fledged senior now, then most likely we won't see any high-quality 1080p vids of his performances like the ones provided by the ISU JGP YouTube channel. :drama:

Don't feel lonely my friend! :console: There are a lot of Roman fans and RoNam supporters. ;) Here is a little gift for you! :ghug:

Awww, thanks for the hug and the gift! :hap93: RoNam cuddling :love:, and Nam watching Roman sleep. :rofl:

no they killed my son!!!!! LOL

It was specifically Nam who killed your son; Nam also shot Roman, presumably because he didn't appreciate that Roman had allowed Anthony to sit on his lap. ;)

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
RomAnth is an older and better ship than RoNam.

I can't dispute the "older" part, but "better"?! :shocked: That's blasphemy for RoNam shippers! I can picture it now... there are going to be RoNam vs. RomAnth flame wars. :p

Mango, you underestimate my diligence on this thread; I've already shared all four of these links. ;)

Roman would be wiser to go out on a bang on the JGP and at Junior Worlds. His opportunities as senior would be better next season too. But it's his life and career so who knows what he decides.

I agree that it's probably better that he stays in the junior ranks, and I do worry that he'll get lost in the shuffle among the senior men during the Olympic season, but as fans, all we can do is support Roman in whatever direction he chooses to go.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
siberia82 I appreciate you sharing links but I assure you I barely read fan fests these days so if I missed them it's not your fault. I also think not everyone has seen these things as some are old so it's ok to repost or even cross post within reason.

There's no doubt RomAnth is better because Antony is sincere. He's not cheating on Roman with like 5 other guys and a girlfriend. :laugh: He also came all the way just to give Roman a cake on his birthday. If that's not real love then I'm not sure what it is. Meanwhile Nam buys a cake and eats it all by himself.

Roman is not going to get the same number of opportunities as a senior this season as we would as a junior. That's a fact. As a junior he could do
2 JGPs
JGPF (if he qualifies)
1 spring junior international
Junior Worlds
In addition to that, he would also get 1 senior CS event and maybe a 4CC spot.

As a senior he could have
1 CS event (2 max)
1 GP (if he beats out all the other top guys vying for that spot)
4CC (if he finishes top 5-7 at Nationals)

He may get a trip to the Olympics, Worlds, or a spring international if he does exceedingly well as a senior. Has to beat Kevin, Nam, Nicolas, Keegan, Elladj, Liam, and Bennet.

But well, we'll see soon enough how far he's come in stabilizing his jumps.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
siberia82
There's no doubt RomAnth is better because Antony is sincere. He's not cheating on Roman with like 5 other guys and a girlfriend. :laugh: He also came all the way just to give Roman a cake on his birthday. If that's not real love then I'm not sure what it is. Meanwhile Nam buys a cake and eats it all by himself.

LOL at Nam eating the cake all by himself.... :laugh2:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I remember that Mango had posted the original Twitter link on the Canadian thread a couple of weeks ago, and I totally forgot to add it here. :hslap: As you can see, it's easy for me to miss something when I'm usually alone on Roman's Fan Fest.

Kuan, in case you haven't already seen my post thanking you for the hug and the gift (it's at the bottom of the 10th page, and now we're on the 11th, so it's easy to miss), it's here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56448-Roman-Sadovsky&p=1751471&viewfull=1#post1751471 I just wanted to make sure that you knew that I thanked you. :)

I'm not on Instagram or Snapchat, so I obviously didn't know certain details, like Nam being a lot more selfish than Anthony. So does that mean Roman is trapped in an emotionally abusive bromance? :drama:

Roman is not going to get the same number of opportunities as a senior this season as we would as a junior. That's a fact. As a junior he could do
2 JGPs
JGPF (if he qualifies)
1 spring junior international
Junior Worlds
In addition to that, he would also get 1 senior CS event and maybe a 4CC spot.

If Roman doesn't do well in his summer competitions, could Skate Canada "push" him to do the JGP circuit?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Siberia,

First of all, you are not alone here... I do not post often, i barely post on my own son's fanfest.... (Mango keeps me updated because i know very little about junior and summer events) BUT be sure that I read... and many of us read the news you post not only here, but on Nam and Nic's pages as well!

You are doing a wonderful job in feeding these pages ! Thank you! As Mango said, it is easy to miss things... and of course, we have the Canadian thread as well and I don't think it's bad to cross post when there are great news... for instance, it's normal to share the SBS 4S or 3A in the fan fest as well as in the Canadian thread. I think I must have posted some of Patrick's programs that were posted already by other posters and will be posted again in the future in a context or another.

SO THANK YOU !!!!!! and Keep going!!!!!!!

Now, for the Junior thingy... I have no clue.... honestly, I don't think it's very productive for Roman to keep being a junior because he was on the circuit forever... he's done it... and he would need to win win win to make it worth it... I would see his passage to seniors this year as an soft-launch. He is not a contender for the Olympic team... I mean, even if he were to finish 2nd at Nationals, Skate Canada would probably look at how he did all season before deciding to send him... being on the team this year may require a team event participation and whoever is going to do this will need to have proven consistency and high content. I think Roman is on the right track but perhaps it's more reasonable to expect seeing him on the 4cc team.. and that could be wicked !

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The official video for Roman's exhibition from the 2017 Margaret Garrison / COS Ice Show is now available (the link I had shared previously was a fancam): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ueba2

Boys-only number: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5uea55

Siberia,

First of all, you are not alone here... I do not post often, i barely post on my own son's fanfest.... (Mango keeps me updated because i know very little about junior and summer events) BUT be sure that I read... and many of us read the news you post not only here, but on Nam and Nic's pages as well!

You are doing a wonderful job in feeding these pages ! Thank you! As Mango said, it is easy to miss things... and of course, we have the Canadian thread as well and I don't think it's bad to cross post when there are great news... for instance, it's normal to share the SBS 4S or 3A in the fan fest as well as in the Canadian thread. I think I must have posted some of Patrick's programs that were posted already by other posters and will be posted again in the future in a context or another.

SO THANK YOU !!!!!! and Keep going!!!!!!!!

What a sweet, thoughtful and encouraging post, 4everchan. :luv17: :ghug: The Fan Fests just sometimes feel lonely because they can go through long stretches without comments from anyone else, and I can't help but wonder in those moments if most of the links I share are boring to most fans because a lot of them are already on Instagram or Snapchat or whatever, so they already know more about the skater than I do, and whatever I find is just "old news." But as long as I know that you and several others find the updates interesting and/or entertaining, then I'm happy to continue my "caretaking" of these threads. :)

Speaking about being the "caretaker," is satine the adopted parent of Roman's Fan Fest? The first post hasn't been updated since March 2016...

Now, for the Junior thingy... I have no clue.... honestly, I don't think it's very productive for Roman to keep being a junior because he was on the circuit forever... he's done it... and he would need to win win win to make it worth it... I would see his passage to seniors this year as an soft-launch. He is not a contender for the Olympic team... I mean, even if he were to finish 2nd at Nationals, Skate Canada would probably look at how he did all season before deciding to send him... being on the team this year may require a team event participation and whoever is going to do this will need to have proven consistency and high content. I think Roman is on the right track but perhaps it's more reasonable to expect seeing him on the 4cc team.. and that could be wicked !

Thanks for offering a different perspective on the situation. Me, Mango and others tend lean towards the "safer" junior route because, as far as we know, he's still vulnerable in terms of the jumps, and he can get buried very easily in a crowded senior men's field, which in turn will lead to him missing out on international assignments. But perhaps Roman's attitude on the matter is closer to what you've said.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I think Skate Canada has internal criteria for senior international assignments. Keegan seems to have met that and so he got a Skate Canada host spot outright. Notice Nicolas didn't get one, despite being a junior silver world medallist and on the national team in a higher spot than Keegan. He doesn't appear to have met the benchmark. Or if he has, there are still doubts about his ability to deliver/if his recovery is complete. The fact is that at Junior Worlds the only guy who delivered completely was Conrad. So both Nic and Roman have huge question marks over them.

Roman however has proven himself to be able to do reasonably well on the JGP: he's medalled 5 times in 6 seasons and made the JGPF twice. He's gone to junior Worlds three times but never finished higher than 13th. He almost won a medal at the Youth Olympic Games. He would have support if he decided to spend his final year on the JGP and try to win the biggest medals. He rushed out of the junior level nationally and made the national team as a senior once. Apart from that it's been a challenging time for him.

The one thing that concerns me about him is the fact that his growth spurt affected the stability of his jumps. Apparently injuries have also played a role. He needs time to get his technique stable. He needs time to consider learning new quads. It's better to spend time doing that while you're a junior than when you're a senior with more expectations. I don't think of him having spent too much time already on the JGP. IMO it's all time he spent developing, with more opportunities than he'd have had as a senior with Patrick, Liam, Elladj, Kevin, and Nam taking up the GP spots. Even if he does do the JGP he should have opportunities to skate as a senior this season. He won't be stuck as a junior all season long.

But again, it's all up to him and his team. If Tracey thinks he's good to go senior then he will go and likely won't look back.

Kuan

Final Flight
I saw it :D
And thank you for the link. The quality is so much better and I love his Bring him Home :love: I wish he could make it into his new SP. Of his current three exhibition numbers it is my favorite. He should ask uncle Patrick how to turn an EX into a succsessful SP. His best SP used to be exhibition numbers, like Elegie or Black Bird.