2015 US International Figure Skating Classic Men SP and FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 US International Figure Skating Classic Men SP and FS

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Javier Raya... I know this is Robin Thicke (sampling Beethoven) but without the vocals, it sounds awfully like the music you'd get watching figure skating in the 1990s, isn't it? :p

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know this feeling...but just think, we made it through a whole summer somehow! It will only get better from here :)

True! And I know soon enough I'll fall behind and then there will be enough videos for me to catch up on and watch throughout the week. But honestly this summer I just forgot about skating on purpose; we were on vacation and moving and it was just really hectic. Now that I know things are actually happening, it's *harder* to be patient! :D

caitie

Medalist
Not a fan of whoever is DJing this event. What's with the sleepy guitar string music between skaters?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
standings so far

1. Alexei Bychenko ISR - 72.60
2. Keiji Tanaka JPN - 66.54
3. Shoma Uno JPN - 52.45
4. Bela Papp FIN - 50.04
5. Lukas Kaugars LAT - 49.62
6. Leslie Ip HKG - 42.37
7. Javier Raya ESP - 40.34

Daniel might actually have a chance here...

Lissy

Medalist
I don't know anything about this current skater but he has fantastic presence on the ice. Too bad about the jumps.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He doesn't seem to have done many (any, really) competitions, but he did bump himself up from 18th to 7th in Canadian senior men's. That's a very respectable year's improvement IMO. He's pleasant to watch though. Don't know much about Canadian men besides Patrick and Nam, so it's nice to see another.

caitie

Medalist
Yeah, I was impressed by Dodds. Ross Miner just had a good skate, except for what should have been his triple-triple was a bit botched.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Jackie Wong ‏@rockerskating
Ross Miner .@rossminer USA: SP 74.66 into 1st w/6 to skate - 3F, 3A, 3Lz2T

74.66 for that? Granted, I haven't seen it, but it seems a little generous...