2016 Bavarian Open Feb. 17-21 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Bavarian Open Feb. 17-21

adelia

Record Breaker
Oh no :) I wish i was there. I just watched live stream like everybody.
Ah okay. I would have been really envious of you had you been there. :laugh:

But yeah, Masha needs to to do something about her speed. So slow. Nice person with an interesting personality though. So I always wish her the best. :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Ladies Jr 1 (soo good)

Junior Ladies I SP (quick one)

Let me start by saying that the quality is really high and that some skaters could easily go to Europeans or Worlds with what they showed today. From start to finish, a wonderful competition.
In said competition, Alisa Lozko is the current leader with a triple Loop combination and an incredible flexibility and speed. We all know about Yulia and her fast spins right?
Guess what, this young lady here can spin fast too and I just love the positions she takes in her spins, it looks absolutely hot and unique, I have not seen a skater do this yet, very crafty indeed! What she does with her arms and hands there, she just stands out there from the masses, fantastic! I honestly needed a while to get back to earth after this one, seriously... these Russian girls, that is so massive and at every event I go, a new one is showing up and grabs my heart with flying colours. Great placement of her elements as well, it was awesome from start to finish.
My favorite performances today.
On two is our guest from Japan and like a snowflake did she float over the ice, performing a triple Lutz - triple loop. A few japanese skaters were sitting behind me, they loved it and so did I!
Third is Anastasiia from the Ukraine with huge jumps and a confident skate, using all the various phrases of the music for her advantage.

I could easily write about 5 or 6 more, as they just rocked so much. Paula, she is just a rocket, she even animated a young girl to dance with her, the little one was standing next to me, trying to mimic the moves of Paula, so cute! She just grabs you with her natural way of skating and with that huge smile, she would easily fit into a commercial tv spot for toothpaste.
If you ever feel sad or are in a bad mood, check her out, she will cheer you up for sure.

A skater who always cheers me up, is Kalina Lewicka (triple - double toe), as she shows huge variety every year, has a million dollar look, directly from the red carpet and she is really working hard, always trying to improve, not only technical wise, but also the way how she sells her performances, it´s much more lady like now and very confident and compared to Dortmund she had a clean Short now as well, with a very sexy and lady like the performance, the complete opposite to what we will see tomorrow when its all about Drama and big emotions with her.
Much more to tell, but I have no time - more at some other time, sorryy folks!

http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2016/SEG011.HTM

TBC

Alex D

Record Breaker
How did Maria Perederova do?

Edit:
Oh, I've just seen the results, not so good.

She fell really awkwardly on her Flip, head almost hit the ice, so I am just glad she didn't get hurt. But she was fighting hard throughout the program and finished with a tano Axel.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Junior Ladies I SP (quick one)

Let me start by saying that the quality is really high and that some skaters could easily go to Europeans or Worlds with what they showed today. From start to finish, a wonderful competition.
In said competition, Alisa Lozko is the current leader with a triple Loop combination and an incredible flexibility and speed. We all know about Yulia and her fast spins right?
Guess what, this young lady here can spin fast too and I just love the positions she takes in her spins, it looks absolutely hot and unique, I have not seen a skater do this yet, very crafty indeed! What she does with her arms and hands there, she just stands out there from the masses, fantastic! I honestly needed a while to get back to earth after this one, seriously... these Russian girls, that is so massive and at every event I go, a new one is showing up and grabs my heart with flying colours. Great placement of her elements as well, it was awesome from start to finish.

She is amazing, isn't she? I discovered her just weeks ago during the youth nationals. And I was spellbound - similar impression to what I had when I saw Yulia for the first time. In the current environment she has to keep the momentum and stay injury free. Next JGP can potentially become the springboard for her same as for another Alisa - Fedichkina was this season. I admire the raw power of Tsurskaya who just smashes the competition with her huge jumps. But Lozko brings the artistry and emotions that Polina still lacks. Only very biased haters could name Alisa a jumping bean.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Mini Day 2 from bed

I need to get some sleep now, as we start early tomorrow in 6.30 hours...

Anyways, a quick day two.

The biggest joy for me was, to see that skaters improve and since I see most of them a few times a year, this just makes you smile as you know how hard they work every day for these few minutes on the ice. Another aspect is the presentation to the crowd, this has really improved with many skaters, especially the girls and junior ladies.
It would be hilarious to say, that they all read my former columns, where I always speak about being proud and confident, to smile and perform for the crowd - but ya, they definitely do better now, even if I put on my grumpy face, they keep smiling and hey, Paula is the absolute best in that, I love her skating style and we need these type of skaters. If I would work for a local TV station, I would ask her for a home story, seriously... young kids like her, can motivate others to get on blades, so positive and charming she is.

I also want to mention the US Girl Tyler Pierce, who might shop where Gracie does, as she looked like a million dollars today! Triple Toe combination, perfect, her step sequence one of the best if not the best of the day and I so loved the way how she went into her elements, always attacking them - this is how you got to do it, fortune for the brave and she is high class in that. While she lost her Flip with a really nasty fall, that girl was wonderful and you Americans can be proud of her, she did amazing and is currently leading at the Jr. Ladies II.

Danielle Harrison, my girl of the day, really. She was our last competitor and she nailed a performance on the ice, OMG - I was completely flashed by her positive and gorgeous attitude. What a character, Britons got talent I tell ya and she is currently on two.

Alissa Scheidt and Jennifer Schmidt were wonderful as well, especially Jennifer, damn that girl has gunpowder in her legs, huge jumps today!

As for the others, Kalina, Sofia, Varvara, Alisa and our Russian star at the advanced boys, you can read further up. I really need to get some sleep now, but still wanted to give you at least a tiny bit of a report, also the French skaters were very impressive today.... Day 2, was wonderful, thanks to all the skaters, for these positive smiles and lovely performances.

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Competition has started 30 minutes ago and we are currently in Group two of the advanced Novice girls I, Varvara will skate around 10.07 CET. Its nice to watch the kids and how it means the world to them, to be on the ice and perform their elements. I really enjoyed Annika Görler, nice feel for the music.

StN.
Name
Nation
Current Rank
Jocy PELKA
GER
Anna-Maria KISTNER
GER
Tiffany KLAUNIG
GER
Annika GÖRLER
GER
Jacqueline ROT
GER
Alexandra-Michaela STRAUB
GER
Pia REGENSBURGER
AUT
Milena SARDARIAN
GER
Carolin HEß
GER
Sabrina WEIS
GER
Linn JÖRGENSEN
GER
Anastasia BROTSMANN
GER
Michelle KONOV
GER
Nicole CALDERARI
GER
Jana SCHWEGLER
GER
Sandra RAMOND
FRA
Dora HUS
GER
Catharina HAUSLADEN
GER
Anastasiia ARKHIPOVA
UKR
Stefanie PESENDORFER
AUT
Ann-Christin MAROLD
GER
Sofiia NESTEROVA
UKR
Varvara DIUKAR
RUS
24Alessia TORNAGHI
ITA432.93
Legend

Alex D

Record Breaker
Advanced Novice Girls I first two groups

The first two groups are through at the advanced novice girls I and as mentioned, it means so much for them and while we still lack the crowd, they don´t just skate for all these little snow crystals or the lamps hanging down from the roof, no they skate for those round about 10 people watching and even if it doesn't go that well like with linn Jörgensen, they keep their posture and don´t just rush from the ice.

Not rushing at all was Anastasia Brotsmann, who just skated. For me, the skater, music and choreography are brilliantly aligned, it just fits perfectly together and she has a great ability to just grab you while on the ice, same can be said about Annika Görler or Carolin Heß. I also enjoyed how Alexandra-Michaela Straub was selling her program, a very mature skate.

Josy Pelka was also nice, she did start as first competitor and her smile is gorgeous, such a positive kid!

Last but not least, the German Milena Sardarian is giving you the feeling that she would skate only for you, I like that and also how she really finishes her jumps and presents them as an important element, with proudness after every landing.

Good job by the girls, was great fun to watch.

Next is group three, I would like to say now, watch out for Dora and Nicole, but sadly there is no stream :( So I guess I will just have to tell you later how it went.

Alex D

Record Breaker
She is amazing, isn't she? I discovered her just weeks ago during the youth nationals. And I was spellbound - similar impression to what I had when I saw Yulia for the first time. In the current environment she has to keep the momentum and stay injury free. Next JGP can potentially become the springboard for her same as for another Alisa - Fedichkina was this season. I admire the raw power of Tsurskaya who just smashes the competition with her huge jumps. But Lozko brings the artistry and emotions that Polina still lacks. Only very biased haters could name Alisa a jumping bean.

I so agree with you about Alisa, she has a total package and it is really wonderful to watch her programs. A complete skater as I would call her, she is telling you a story on ice, I like that.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Advanced Novice I FS

Our girls took us on a beautiful ride this morning. Again, I was impressed how great their artistry already is, just look at our girls from the Ukraine coming second and third - Anastasiia and Sofiia.

Anastasiia
did skate to an instrumental, piano version of "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston, with gorgeous hands and arms, but also a very easy blade and great attitude, it made you dream away. She landed a wonderful duble Axel - double toe towards the end and also earlier in her program, a triple Sal and double toe.

Sofia Nesterova
, who came third in total (up from 5 after the short), won the FS with four triples (triple Sal - double Toe / triple Loop - double toe) brought something completely different to the table and I absolutely loved it. Her "Opern Ball" performance was brilliant, she kept the traditional hold with the left hand at her hip beautifully and while it was a traditional skate, it was fresh and naughty - greatly done by the choreographer and her of course, who fully understood the meaning of her music and was to 100% in character, while making it look effortless and super easy! A huge smile came out at the end, when she nailed her triple Lutz with ease, what a bubbly skater, just wonderful and so versatile!

Our winner in combined total, is coming from Russia, Varvara Diukar. She convinced with a great work in her upper body, and graceful arms, while making it look effortless without too much telegraphing going on. I so love her exits of the elements as well, she is not rushing them and put´s her elements with proud on the ice. She has improved compared to NRW, its more confident skating now, with lots of crowd pleasing looks, searching for the eye to eye contact, being aware that she is skating for the crowd here and she did a damn good job there, but she needs to stay focused until the end, no sloppy mistakes young lady. :rolleye:

I also want to say that Dora Hus, did not skate, due an injury. She did the warm up, but then decided it was better to not risk it, which I think is a wise decision, as she looked quite uncomfortable during the warm up already, so next time Dora!

of course, there is so much more to tell, Alessia Tornaghi - million dollar look and the Adelina Spin, Nicole Calderari who is so fun to watch, with her outgoing personality, always putting a smile on your face, greatly balanced program ith double Axel - double Toe, she is so naughty, I love that and Jana Schwegler with her traditional "Bayrisch" outfit, who came right after her, has a similar positive approach - these two with their natural appearance were sure a highlight in G3, also Ann Christin Marold did prove again, why she caught my attention in the short, wonderful use of the music for her elements, great Dress to!

But ya, much more has happened, but we are now continueing with the advanced II, so I say bye bye for now!

Final Result:

http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2016/CAT011RS.HTM

Sabine

On the Ice
Advanced Novice I FS

Our girls took us on a beautiful ride this morning. Again, I was impressed how great their artistry already is, just look at our girls from the Ukraine coming second and third - Anastasiia and Sofiia.

Anastasiia
did skate to an instrumental, piano version of "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston, with gorgeous hands and arms, but also a very easy blade and great attitude, it made you dream away. She landed a wonderful duble Axel - double toe towards the end and also earlier in her program, a triple Sal and double toe.

Sofia Nesterova
, who came third in total (up from 5 after the short), won the FS with four triples (triple Sal - double Toe / triple Loop - double toe) brought something completely different to the table and I absolutely loved it. Her "Opern Ball" performance was brilliant, she kept the traditional hold with the left hand at her hip beautifully and while it was a traditional skate, it was fresh and naughty - greatly done by the choreographer and her of course, who fully understood the meaning of her music and was to 100% in character, while making it look effortless and super easy! A huge smile came out at the end, when she nailed her triple Lutz with ease, what a bubbly skater, just wonderful and so versatile!

Our winner in combined total, is coming from Russia, Varvara Diukar. She convinced with a great work in her upper body, and graceful arms, while making it look effortless without too much telegraphing going on. I so love her exits of the elements as well, she is not rushing them and put´s her elements with proud on the ice. She has improved compared to NRW, its more confident skating now, with lots of crowd pleasing looks, searching for the eye to eye contact, being aware that she is skating for the crowd here and she did a damn good job there, but she needs to stay focused until the end, no sloppy mistakes young lady. :rolleye:

I also want to say that Dora Hus, did not skate, due an injury. She did the warm up, but then decided it was better to not risk it, which I think is a wise decision, as she looked quite uncomfortable during the warm up already, so next time Dora!

of course, there is so much more to tell, Alessia Tornaghi - million dollar look and the Adelina Spin, Nicole Calderari who is so fun to watch, with her outgoing personality, always putting a smile on your face, greatly balanced program ith double Axel - double Toe, she is so naughty, I love that and Jana Schwegler with her traditional "Bayrisch" outfit, who came right after her, has a similar positive approach - these two with their natural appearance were sure a highlight in G3, also Ann Christin Marold did prove again, why she caught my attention in the short, wonderful use of the music for her elements, great Dress to!

But ya, much more has happened, but we are now continueing with the advanced II, so I say bye bye for now!

Final Result:

http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2016/CAT011RS.HTM

Oh bad luck for Dora Hus. She is actually the best German novice girl right now, huge jumper and pretty stable at her jumps too. I was wondering, why she didn't get a higher score at the SP, but probably she had been injured by that time already:sad21:

adelia

Record Breaker
Alisa has real star quality. Same as Liza and Natasha, she comes from Udmurtia.
She has improved a lot both technically and presentation wise in the past year. But her lutz still needs to be fixed and the same thing applies for the rest of the promising 13-14 year old girls in Mishin's school.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Alisa has real star quality. Same as Liza and Natasha, she comes from Udmurtia.
She has improved a lot both technically and presentation wise in the past year. But her lutz still needs to be fixed and the same thing applies for the rest of the promising 13-14 year old girls in Mishin's school.

who is Natasha? i didn't hear this name :scratch2:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Advanced Novice II FS

Bit late sorry, forgot to post it. We are now starting with G3, Sofia will start around 13.27 CET

StN.NameNationCurrent RankPoints
1Ida LINDSTRÖM
SWE2222.88
2Franziska HÖSL
GER2123.22
3Julia ZENNER
GER2025.12
4Leann KRAWETZKE
GER1925.16
5Roazaliya ABDULKARIMOVA
UKR2418.10
6Maria KLAR
GER2322.48
7Lucie Antonia REICHE
GER1327.92
8Alisa HAKOLA
FIN1726.38
9Denise MÜLLER
GER1825.78
10Karen Naomi KRÄHE
GER1526.90
11Melina BRUSI
FIN1626.58
12Franziska KETTL
GER1427.02
13Lea SCHWAMBERGER
GER1128.28
14Anna Rose JANSEN
GER828.84
15Lucrezia ERBA
ITA1228.04
16Maelle OBERLÄNDER
GER928.40
17Miriam ROTTENSTEINER
AUT1028.32
18Katharina KURZ
GER730.14
19Oceane PIEGAD
FRA533.68
20Marina PIREDDA
ITA434.24
21Smilla SZALKAI
SWE334.86
22Elodie EUDINE
FRA236.02
23Sofia SAMODUROVA
RUS146.24
24Ekaterina NEVEZHINA
GER631.16

[TD="class: grid"][/TD]
[TD="class: grid"] Warm-Up Group 1[/TD]

[TD="class: grid"] Warm-Up Group 2[/TD]

[TD="class: grid"] Warm-Up Group 3[/TD]

[TD="class: grid"] Warm-Up Group 4[/TD]

mika8389

Spectator
The entries have been published for the Bavarian Open in Oberstdorf, Germany Feb. 17-21.

Website: http://www.bev-eissport.de/Bavarian-Open_Eiskunstlauf_Bavarian_Open_186_kkmenue.html

Schedule: http://www.bev-eissport.de/download/Schedule_BO_2016.pdf

Entries: http://www.bev-eissport.de/download/EntriesBavarianOpen2016.pdf

Detailed Results and Protocols
http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2016/index.htm

Senior Men / Meisterklasse Herren

01 Loupolover, Larry AZE
02 Hendrickx, Jorik BEL
03 Brezina, Michal CZE
04 Kotlarik, Petr CZE
05 Pulkkinen, Tomi FIN
06 Virtanen, Valtter FIN
07 Naurits, Daniel FRA
08 Ponsart, Romain FRA
09 Asam, Marco GER
10 Betke, Alexander GER
11 Bjelde, Alexander GER
12 Fentz, Paul GER
13 Kempf, Anton GER
14 Streubel, Franz GER
15 Ulanovsky, Niko GER
16 Parry Evans, Charles GBR
17 Bychenko, Oleksii ISR
18 Samohin, Daniel ISR
19 Betti, Dario ITA
20 Zandron, Marco ITA
21 Zandron, Maurizio ITA
22 Hino, Ryuju JPN
23 Kurbanov, Murad RUS
24 Todeschini, Nicola SUI

Senior Ladies / Meisterklasse Damen

01 Hanzlikova, Michaela CZE
02 Ukolova, Elizaveta CZE
03 Efimenko, Liubov FIN
04 Peltonen, Emmi FIN
05 Tuuva, Olivia FIN
06 Mahamoud, Nadjma FRA
07 Bock, Lutricia GER
08 Dastich, Lea Johanna GER
09 Herceg, Maria-Katharina GER
10 Mayer, Alina GER
11 Weinzierl, Nathalie GER
12 Robertson, Karly GBR
13 Buchanan, Aimee ISR
14 Kulgeyko, Katarina ISR
15 Schreiber, Netta ISR
16 Nagai, Yuka JPN
17 Maxwell, Fleur LUX
18 van der Linden, Laura NED
19 Sauter, Julia ROU
20 Odermatt, Tanja SUI
21 Yamada, Yasmine SUI
22 Gavrylova, Mariia UKR

Senior Pairs / Meisterklasse Paare

01 Petranovic, Lana / CRO
Lueck, Michael CRO
02 Esbrat, Lola / FRA Novoselov, Andrei FRA
03 Mendoza, Camille / FRA Kovalev, Pavel FRA
04 Hase, Minerva-Fabienne/ GER Seegert, Nolan GER
05 Savchenko, Aljona/ GER Massot, Bruno GER
06 Vartmann, Mari / GER Blommaert, Ruben GER
07 Tankova, Adel / ISR Krasnopolsky, Evgeni ISR
08 Della Monica, Nicole/ ITA Guarise, Matteo ITA
09 Chtchtetinina, Ioulia / SUI Scherer, Noah SUI
10 Herbrikova, Alexandra / SUI Roulet, Nicolas SUI
11 Aaron, Madeline / USA Settlage, Max USA
12 Smith, Erika / USA Reiss, AJ USA

Senior Ice Dance / Meisterklasse Eistanz

01 Garabedian, Tina / ARM
Proulx Senecal, Simon ARM
02 Silna, Barbora / AUT
Kurakin, Juri AUT
03 Oglobina, Varvara / AZE
Zhirnov, Mikhail AZE
04 Alessandrini, Lorenza / FRA
Souquet, Pierre FRA
05 Ojardias, Péroline / FRA
Bramante, Michael FRA
06 Kozmava, Tatiana / GEO
Shumskyi, Aleksii GEO
07 Koch, Shari / GER
Nüchtern, Christian GER
08 Lorenz, Kavita / GER
Polizoakis, Panagiotis GER
09 Müller, Katharina / GER
Dieck, Tim GER
10 Coomes, Penny / GBR
Buckland, Nicholas GBR
11 Jones, Carter Marie / GBR
Sharpe, Richard GBR
12 Lanaghan, Molly / GBR
Buckland, Joseph GBR
13 Moscheni, Carolina / HUN
Major, Balazs HUN
14 Berkovich, Kimberly / ISR
Zilberberg, Ronald ISR
15 Komatsubara, Misato / ITA
Fabbri, Andrea ITA
16 Tessari, Jasmine / ITA
Fioretti, Francesco ITA
17 Tran, Taylor / LTU
Ambruleyicius, Saulius LTU
18 Yanovskaya, Anna / RUS
Mozgov, Sergey RUS

There are also juniors & advanced novices - didn't see too many notable names, but in jr. ladies there is Alisa Lozko, Maria Peredorova, Yuna Aoki, & Tyler Pierce; in jr. pairs I recognize Mishina/Mirzoev and Oganesian/Bardei. Oh, and Irakli Maysuradze is competing here, matmuh!:luv17: Evgenii Semenenko is entered in Advanced Novice also.

Hi!!!
you know any link to see this competition?

Alex D

Record Breaker
Advanced Girls II

Advanced Novice Girls II FS

Well, what can I say once again, I salute you Sofia Samodurova! She just did it again, a flawless performance with great in character skating.
I love how every piece of her body, but also the dress is a part of the choreographie, like the tiny lift of her skirt at the beginning, or the fierce look on her face, when she enters the stepsequence!
This is how you have to do it, progression in a program is so important - even if its the last thirty seconds of your program, always bring something new to the table and she really did exactly this, in an overall wonderfully balanced and dramatic program. A program that featured huge difficulties with six triples, including the Lutz - Toe combination at the start and level three´s for her spins, spins which were fully integrated and unique, fitting to her story.
Sofia´s landings were spot on, perfect and full of confidence and yet, she stayed in character, always adding an emote, or a movement with her hands. The Russian is a skater who not once left her role during these three minutes - brilliant figure skating if you ask me.
At times you wish these skaters could skate extended versions of their programs, so amazing are they.

Second came a young lady from France - Elodie Eudine, who is super fast on blades, so fast that she left the ice way too quick, for the old men here and his camera, please girls don't do this ;)!
She started very well with her triple Sal - double toe combination and later added another three triples, with two toe loops and a Sal. In general, she is a very big jumper, great attack there.

Marina Peridda came third, with the second best FS today. She seems very confident on the ice and I really enjoyed her spins, especially the last, where she covered her eyes.

I also want to note Franziska Kettel, who moves very lovely over the ice, all these little hops and turns, she makes figure skating look so easy and effortless, just like we want to see it! Maelle Oberländer is also to note, she fell so awquardly on her Sal, you could see the pain in her face, but she came back and I loved the last 30 seconds, brilliant stuff there!

Final result

http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2016/CAT012RS.HTM

TBC

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
How did skate Sandra Ramond? :) SP - only 12th place, but FS 4th! How was she?

She did pretty good, nice feeling for the music, the choreography was really well done I think. She didn't had any major issues with her elements, just the triple Loop was a bit of struggle, but she put it on the ice.

So ya, overall, she did really well :)