2016 World Championships Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Ladies SP

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Eeveryone, please repeat after me ;), GOOOoooooo MAAAaaaaOOOoooo!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Out of all the ladies I want to see Mao on the podium the most. I'm not the biggest fan of her FS, though. And for some weird reason, Anna Pogo. I'd love for one of the skaters who are kind of under the radar to make a stand! The most boring outcome would be 1. Medvedeva 2. Miyahara 3. Radionova. *yawn*

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Out of all the ladies I want to see Mao on the podium the most. I'm not the biggest fan of her FS, though. And for some weird reason, Anna Pogo. I'd love for one of the skaters who are kind of under the radar to make a stand! The most boring outcome would be 1. Medvedeva 2. Miyahara 3. Radionova. *yawn*

How about a surprise Zijun Li skates her heart out and gets rewarded for it :love:

skateluver

Rinkside
I would not call this a very "Russian friendly" tech panel, but I truly hope it doesn't influence on the outcome. My dream podium would be Mao, Gracie and Evgenia. Any order would be ok, but of course Mao on top would be the best. I love that girl!! She made me a figure skating fan again after a long break. (Viktor Petrenko first made me a fan long time ago..)

amc987

On the Ice
Shouldn't the start list be out already? What are they waiting for?

Also, this is just a gripe about Gracie, but what on Earth is she thinking keeping the flip in her SP? If she doubles/pops it again, it'll be a disaster. I may have to go to Boston and give her a come to Jesus moment myself. And NOBODY has time for that.

kalle

On the Ice
I have not always been a fan of Ashley but this year, I truely hope that she deliver in both phases of the competition. As far as I can read out from the practice reports, she seems to be VERY ready but obviously, that also needs to be translated into her SP..

I am also rooting for Mao to surprise us all, that would be fantastic after her ups and downs throughout this comeback season.

Last but not least, go MIRAI :hap36:
I hope that she is super motivated despite late notice and boot problems. As long as she believes in herself, I think she will deliver what can be expected of her at this stage.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Everyone, please repeat after me ;), GOOOoooooo MIIrrrraiiiiiiiiiiii!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

(only because i have been waiting for the past 6 years to give this shout out !! :biggrin:)

Last edited:

lovintabbs85

Rinkside

Also, this is just a gripe about Gracie, but what on Earth is she thinking keeping the flip in her SP? If she doubles/pops it again, it'll be a disaster. I may have to go to Boston and give her a come to Jesus moment myself. And NOBODY has time for that.

Seriously where is the ladies SP order?! Have the done the drawing ceremony already?

narcissa

Record Breaker

I guess they think that without the extra TES, she has no shot anyway, so better play the high risk game.

ETA: But it's only a 0.2 difference, actually. So this actually makes no sense...

Last edited:

SkaterM

Rinkside
Seriously where is the ladies SP order?! Have the done the drawing ceremony already?

Draw is at 6:30 p.m. So there is no starting order to post. Unfortunately, I will be asleep when they do ;)
Hopefully, Niki Wories will draw group 4 because then I can probably watch it live on TV! :yahoo:

Last edited:

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Someone please inform Christine Brennan :laugh2: The woman lives in a time warp.

Ugh, I can't stand Brennan. Woman gets on my last nerves. :hpull:

They should be drawing for the ladie's SP right now! I hope that Mirai gets a good draw! I hope she skates two great programs - and please skate gods no broken boots! :bow:

amc987

On the Ice
Finally.

StN. Name

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Kristen SPOURS
GBR
2 Da Bin CHOI
KOR
3 Laurine LECAVELIER
FRA
4 Yasmine Kimiko YAMADA
SUI
5 Ziquan ZHAO
CHN

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Mae Berenice MEITE
FRA
7 Kerstin FRANK
AUT
8 Anne Line GJERSEM
NOR
9 Viveca LINDFORS
FIN
10 Kailani CRAINE
AUS

(resurfacing)

Warm-Up Group 3
11 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA
LTU
12 Sonia LAFUENTE
ESP
13 Anna KHNYCHENKOVA
UKR
14 Nathalie WEINZIERL
GER
15 Ivett TOTH
HUN

Warm-Up Group 4
16 Eliska BREZINOVA
CZE
17 Amy LIN
TPE
18 Dasa GRM
SLO
19 Niki WORIES
NED
20 Zijun LI
CHN

(resurfacing)

Warm-Up Group 5
21 Anastasia GALUSTYAN
ARM
22 Alaine CHARTRAND
CAN
23 So Youn PARK
KOR
24 Nicole RAJICOVA
SVK
25 Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA
KAZ
26 Joshi HELGESSON
SWE

Warm-Up Group 6
27 Angelina KUCHVALSKA
LAT
28 Gabrielle DALEMAN
CAN
29 Mirai NAGASU
USA
30 Mao ASADA
JPN
31 Ashley WAGNER
USA
32 Roberta RODEGHIERO
ITA

(resurfacing)

Warm-Up Group 7
33 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
RUS
34 Elena RADIONOVA
RUS
35 Rika HONGO
JPN
36 Satoko MIYAHARA
JPN
37 Gracie GOLD
USA
38 Anna POGORILAYA
RUS

Qualification rule: The best 24 skaters after Short Program will advance to the next segment.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Draw is at 6:30 p.m. So there is no starting order to post. Unfortunately, I will be asleep when they do ;)
Hopefully, Niki Wories will draw group 4 because then I can probably watch it live on TV! :yahoo:

You got it! Nestled right into the middle of group 4!

amc987

On the Ice
I hope Gracie puts the blinders on and only focuses on herself and her program. I could see her getting spooked by the Russians + Miyahara in the last group.

Good luck to her, Diva Wagner, Mirai, and Mao!

And here's hoping there's only 1 Russian (Medvedeva) on the podium.

monkeysee

Spectator
Finally.

StN. Name

Warm-Up Group 6
27 Angelina KUCHVALSKA
LAT
28 Gabrielle DALEMAN
CAN
29 Mirai NAGASU
USA
30 Mao ASADA
JPN
31 Ashley WAGNER
USA
32 Roberta RODEGHIERO
ITA

(resurfacing)

Warm-Up Group 7
33 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
RUS
34 Elena RADIONOVA
RUS
35 Rika HONGO
JPN
36 Satoko MIYAHARA
JPN
37 Gracie GOLD
USA
38 Anna POGORILAYA
RUS

Qualification rule: The best 24 skaters after Short Program will advance to the next segment.

So is this the order of the morning practice session, the afternoon short program, or both? Am I reading right that Wagner will be in the practice group that goes at 9:50, and Gold in the group that goes at 10:30? They're the two that my kids really want to watch.