Alina Zagitova | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Sam L

Medalist
Alina did a long instagram broadcast today. Here some things I learned from It (and you might wanna learn too ;))

• Alina is going to seniors
• Her short program is unique, she and Daniil Gleykhengauz worked from 9 am to 8 pm with a 30 min. break to choreograph it
• She lives with her grandma in a rented apartement located 5 min. away from the rink
• She doesn't speak the Tatar language
• Diana Davis (Tutberidze's daughter) is one of her best friends
• Her favorite book is the Harry Potter series
• She did rythmic gymnastics when she didn't skate. Russian gymnast Alina Kabaeva is her role model
• She has a cat named Toffee and a chinchilla named Marshmallow. They cheer her up when she is feeling down
• Salchow and toe loop are the hardest jumps for her. She doesn't do single toe loops, only in combination
• She is in the 8th grade
• Her classmates never acknowledged her, she sat at the last desk even though she is short (couldn't see the board well). Now they finally talk to her and greet her
• Going to Ljubljana last year was the first time she went abroad
• Eteri Tutberidze advices girls to always have some make up on to look more pleasing :think:

I saw this. I'm so happy for her success. She is so genuine and talented and really deserves all the success she's getting. Someone was translating but I missed that her hardest jumps are Salchow and Toe Loop. Her jumps are so strong. Her programs are already so unique but I can't wait to see what the new SP is. I'm excited for her going to Seniors. Like I said Team Zagitova!

Perfume

Match Penalty
She is such a cute and pretty lady, why her classmates didn't acknowledge her before?

ejnsofi

Final Flight
She is such a cute and pretty lady, why her classmates didn't acknowledge her before?

Well she moved to Moscow to train figure skating. New kid in the class always has it harder especially if they come from different part of the country. Also Alina probably was training a lot after classes so she couldn't spend more time with her peers after school.

I really, really admire her. She moved on her own without her parents to train one of the most competitive sports in Russia. She is just 14 so she did it when she was even younger. One small mistake can cost her a lot so she really is really brave young person

ejnsofi

Final Flight

narnar

Rinkside
Some people thnik that it might be black swan. I am curious about her rivalry with Evgenia next season!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
It would be perfect if it is Black Swan. Alina has that inner fire, and she looks like Natalie Portman.

Perfume

Match Penalty
If it's Black Swan then her dress will be very much alike of this season's Lp? Except the color?

Sam L

Medalist
If it's Black Swan then her dress will be very much alike of this season's Lp? Except the color?

If it is Black Swan she shouldn't go the classical or tutu route imo. It's too boring and Oksana already did it. She should like the movie take a modernist and minimalist approach. I vision the dress to be a simple black dress with sheer see through parts on the top and sleeve area. Also the music should something edgy and different like the track Opposites attract. Even if not this season she should do something like this in future seasons.

lbamda

On the Ice
I've seen this video. So this translation is correct?

Does anyone know if Alina has plans to learn English?

In a live broadcast she has told that she studies French - it very much is pleasant to her.

russianfan

Match Penalty
I've seen this video. So this translation is correct?
i meant that its my translation, and i'm glad that it got some interest, because i really think that Alina's story is pretty interesting and i personally have a huge respect for her.
Speaking of correctness - i don't know, its up to you to decide :laugh: english is not my native language after all, so i probably have made a lot of mistakes

Last edited:

Sam L

Medalist
i meant that its my translation, and i'm glad that it got some interest, because i really think that Alina's story is pretty interesting and i personally have a huge respect for her.
Speaking of correctness - i don't know, its up to you to decide :laugh: english is not my native language after all, so i probably have made a lot of mistakes

Oh thank you! I think it's fine. I don't see mistakes. Yes it was really interesting to watch.

Thanks, yes she mentioned that on Instagram and how she loves St P. I love St P also, such a beautiful city. Looks like she had fun.