Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc

tulosai

Record Breaker
Congrats to these two on being assigned to World Team Trophy! Can't wait to see them again! :cheer:

musicfan80

Medalist
Congrats to these two on being assigned to World Team Trophy! Can't wait to see them again! :cheer:

What a great opportunity for them! :biggrin: I wonder what happened to Alexa and Chris. Maybe they want to take the time to rest and healing Alexa still needs to do.

Tex

On the Ice
I LOVE this team! They get some bonus love for training in in my home state of Texas. Has anyone listened to their interview on Ice Talk with Jackie Wong? After listening to the interview, I adore this team even more. If I remember correctly, they hinted that that their LP would be upbeat. Since Serge is their choreographer, I wonder if they would do something in the Latin Ballroom style (e.g. cha-cha, samba, jive, etc.). He did a great job choreographing for Ashley and Timothy this season.

Ashley and Timothy have a great connection on the ice and seem to have a great working relationship and friendship too. They were very open and honest in the interview from people criticizing Ashley for being too tall for pairs skating (starting when she was 13) to the ridiculously rude and ignorant comments try-out partners and their parents made regarding Timothy being gay.
What they have accomplished in less than a year is remarkable! At the WTT, they showed great consistency in both programs with their jumps. It was very impressive how they recuperated after that super scary fall and proceeded with their LP. That fall could be the new video ad for the USFSA’s “Get Up” campaign:laugh: I can’t wait to see how they progress as a team.

Side note: Ashley and Timothy were fabulous cheerleaders at the WTT with the patriotic onesie and glitter beard.:hap10:

princessalica

Final Flight
I'm so excited that they got to go. I really feel the fed is really optimistic from how much they've managed to accomplish in a years time. It's almost mind boggling. They are on their way up.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really fell in love with this team at Nationals. I think they really show a lot of promise considering the short time they have been together...At Worlds, they were sitting in the row in front of me (at the opposite end), along with Ashley's father. They were taking in the action and enjoying themselves. I guess they were there just in case Alexa and Chris couldn't skate? Anyway, I look forward to seeing them next year.

Their cheerleading skills also show a lot of promise! :luv17:

beki

Medalist
I just rewatched the WTT LP, and it was actually smoother than I remembered, since I was shocked by the fall. What an amazing recovery. They continued to do difficult elements safely, and got back into the program. It's a bizarre situation that we ended up with the one Olympic spot, which most likely belongs to Alexa and Chris. I hope Ashley and Tim will go to 2022. They have such nice matching lines already. Imagine what time will do for them. We could see true two-as-one skating.

princessalica

Final Flight
I'd say that the spot isn't just for Alexa and Chris. I think it will depend on the advances that Ashley and Tim make over the comping year, specifically if they make the Grand Prix and if they do well. They have an upward momentum that Chris and Alexa don't have. So time will tell, but if they continue to improve, they certainly have a solid chance.

princessalica

Final Flight
I was disappointed that Ashley and Tim weren't included in the media call this past week for Olympic Hopefuls. I hope that they come out next season ready to show even more how great they can be together.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I was disappointed that Ashley and Time weren't included in the media call this past week for Olympic Hopefuls. I hope that they come out next season ready to show even more how great they can be together.

Weren't they? What a shame. I hope they don't feel discouraged by it but continue working on what they are doing. They have a great presence on ice and commanding posture and SS.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd say that the spot isn't just for Alexa and Chris. I think it will depend on the advances that Ashley and Tim make over the comping year, specifically if they make the Grand Prix and if they do well. They have an upward momentum that Chris and Alexa don't have. So time will tell, but if they continue to improve, they certainly have a solid chance.

This is EXACTLY right.

The "Top 2" pairs teams fell FAR short of expectations at Worlds. I would imagine the PTB would be receptive to a new rising team knocking them off the top of the podium.

I really think this team has the potential to do that.

princessalica

Final Flight
Weren't they? What a shame. I hope they don't feel discouraged by it but continue working on what they are doing. They have a great presence on ice and commanding posture and SS.

They weren't, I follow Ashley Cain on Instagram. But I think that it was a strong positive that they were the team that the Us sent for WTT. Ashley was pretty excited about that. I mean what a decision to give up a lackluster singles career in favor of pairs. This has got to be validation that decision was the best one.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Well, I wouldn't consider them for the Olympics just yet. In fact, even being a big fan, they have close to zero chance of getting the spot. I think they have a lot more ground to cover before they come out on top. Alexa and Chris are the #1 pair and they will likely stay at the top for the coming season, barring injury. I don't see them failing to score enough to be put over the rest. You just have to look how far K/O are behind them in the International stage.

Ashley and Tim have good basics to carve their path, but I don't see them doing that in the next season already. The Fed knows that they are a pair to bet on for the next cycle, which is the reason they were favored over Castelli and Tran - not to talk about the visa problems, of course. This chance to compete at WTT was another chance for them to put their name out there.

Tex

On the Ice
There is so much to love about this team like their long lines, musicality, partnership, etc. I have so much respect for them going for the harder jumps like their 3S+2T+2Loop. The more I watch their LP program the more choreographic gems I notice like when the lyrics go "so we're gonna dance until we drop" as they drop into a sit spin. Their step sequence before the spins is my favorite part of that program. I really love both their programs this year. Can't wait to see how they develop and progress as a team. They've improved so much from last year.

Nebelhorn Trophy:
SP: https://youtu.be/iuyUruEivFw
LP: https://youtu.be/h3IQGi-2-3U

Lombardia:
SP: https://youtu.be/eBAmTCb35SQ
LP: https://youtu.be/QFkN3Bv5wJU

nimi

Medalist
From the general forum:

During the men's LP, it was mentioned that Javi had been battling an intestinal flu/virus. He wasn't the only one. I follow Ashley Cain on Twitter & a few hours ago she tweeted that she also had been ill, since Friday. And thanked Timothy, her team & USFS folks for being so supportive.

As part as a response to her, I asked about their not wearing their usual Gatsby costumes. She Tweeted back that her dress is so tight that it was pressing against her stomach and causing her pain. They decided to wear practice costumes instead.
I can't even begin to imagine how nauseating it would feel to go for triple jumps and throws and spins while suffering from some kind of stomach flu...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's really a shame they weren't in top condition when it was time to compete. She really has grit to be able to compete in those circumstances. Wishing them all the best going forward.