Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
2016 Skate Canada Men's Short Program

28 - 30 Oct 2016
Mississauga, Canada

Friday, 28 October 2016, 21:08 UTC -4

Check out the time in other time zones here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=33&p5=166&p6=195&p7=136&p8=179&p9=256&p10=64

Start Order​
StN.NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1Misha GE
UZB
2Han YAN
CHN
3Michal BREZINA
CZE
4Daniel SAMOHIN
ISR
5Patrick CHAN
CAN
6Yuzuru HANYU
JPN
Warm-Up Group 2
7Liam FIRUS
CAN
8Ross MINER
USA
9Grant HOCHSTEIN
USA
10Alexander PETROV
RUS
11Takahito MURA
JPN
12Kevin REYNOLDS
CAN

Entries

No.NameNation
1Patrick CHAN
SP "Dear Prudence" by The Beatles, "Blackbird" by The Beatles; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
LP “A Journey," composed by Eric Radford; choreo by David Wilson
CAN
2Liam FIRUS
SP Happy Ending by Mika; choreo by Mark Pillay
LP Love Reign Over Me by The Who; choreo by Mark Pillay
CAN
3Kevin REYNOLDS
SP Puutarhautuminen by Hohka, Kesäillan Tvist by Troka, Muuttosarja by Hohka; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne (SP)
LP Grand Piano (soundtrack) by Victor Reyes; choreo by Mark Pillay (FS)
CAN
4Han YAN
SP I'll Take Care Of You; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP Kissing You (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong, Balcony Scene (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong, Tybalt Arrives (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong, Fight Scene (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong; choreo by Lori Nichol
CHN
5Michal BREZINA
SP The Way You Look Tonight by Jerome Kern; choreo by J. Buttle (SP)
LP Once Upon a Time mix by Ennio Morricone; choreography by Tom Dickson (FS)
CZE
6Daniel SAMOHIN
SP "Delilah," performed by Tom Jones; choreo by Irina Samohin, Olga Volozhinskaia
LP The Illusionist by Maxim Rodriguez; choreo by Irina Samohin, Olga Volozhinskaia
ISR
7Yuzuru HANYU
SP "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince, choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle
LP "View of Silence" and "Asian Dream Song," (program is titled "Hope and Legacy"), by Joe Hisaishi; choreo by Shae Lynn Bourne
JPN
8Takahito MURA
SP Flamenco; choreo Massimo Scali
LP Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2; choreo by Charlie White
JPN
9Alexander PETROV
SP Ritual Dance of Fire (from "El Amor Brujo") by Manuel de Falla ; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva, Misha Ge
LP Frank Sinatra Selection, "Chicago" by Frank Sinatra, "I'm Gonna Live Till I Die" performed by Frank Sinatra; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva, Misha Ge
RUS
10Grant HOCHSTEIN
SP Rhapsody in Blue performed by Duke Ellington; choreo by Peter Oppegard
LP Pagliacci by Ruggero Leoncavallo; choreo by Peter Oppegard
USA
11Ross MINER
SP New York State of Mind by Billy Joel; choreo by Jamie Isley, Lori Nichol
LP medley of Queen songs - "Somebody to Love," "Love of My Life" & "Crazy Little Thing Called Love.;" choreo by Jamie Isley & Lori Nichol
USA
12Misha GE
SP "Paint It Black (remake)" by Rolling Stones; choreo by Misha Ge
LP "The Nutcracker" by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Misha Ge
UZB

Last edited:

Florencito

Medalist
Daniel :hopelessness: I guess he can't do much worse than in his last two competitions. Good luck kid!
And good luck to Michal, Ross and Han too. :hap10:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
So interesting to see that Alexander Petrov, who has programs choreographed in part by Misha Ge, is competing against Misha. If he places higher, will it be bittersweet for Misha?

Also, is this Han Yan's season's debut?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Han Yan's SP and shape are in a big mystery box, so I really look forward to seeing him in the event. I'm also curious about how good the new coaching change to Rafael and training in USA affect Michal. Kevin seems to take a good ride this season while I'm wondering how Daniel can shake off the two poor CS outings. He is so unpredictable. Patrick's SP is my favorite of the season, so I of course hope he skates well. Mura's costumes at US Classic needed to be changed for his PCS sake, ;) so I'm wondering about his outfits. :)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
My special favourites in this competition are Chan, Yan, Hanyu, Mura and Petrov, wishing them plus other competitors a great sp!!!

I too am really curious about Brezina, whether the coach change has changed something...

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Hope Misha gets his passport back quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
rosy14 i agree with Mango here...

on second thoughts, he is probably clear to come to Canada, he would have received his VISA already if he were up here... his passport is probably at the embassy for his next trip.. they take it away to deliver your VISA... but of course, he needs it back to travel to Canada... that's the issue here... I think he will make it. But if he doesn't, at least we know he will have his VISA for France... damn it.. .life is so tough for Misha.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
So Misha's passport is at the French Consulate and it's not ready? Reminds me of the joke that Canada really should have American technology, British bureaucracy and French culture but instead we have American culture, British technology and French bureaucracy.

Maybe they just have a hard time finding Uzbekistan on the map.

Be in Canada by tomorrow, Misha.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Oh gosh, I will be so nervous for Daniel. The big guns are probably not gonna have a diseaster but taking into account what Daniel can do and what he did recently...:hopelessness:

So many potential diseasters at SC: Daniel, Brezina, Han Yan, Kevin...

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
Do we know yet who is in each group yet for practices? I am leaving work early on thursday to go watch, but will go earlier/later depending on who is practicing at what time. Thx

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh gosh, I will be so nervous for Daniel. The big guns are probably not gonna have a diseaster but taking into account what Daniel can do and what he did recently...:hopelessness:

I just keep telling myself that he can't possibly do any worse than he did at his 2 senior Bs, and the only way he can go is up. And I hope he doesn't prove me wrong on that. :drama:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LOL... i remember this joke... but hey... this has nothing to do with Canada... the fact he was up here a couple weeks ago means he is fine to enter... he probably had to go back to his training center in the USA??? and then in preparation for his trip to France, asked for his VISA at the French embassy there, they took his passport away, so now despite being in the clear for Canada, he needs to recuperate his papers... he should be fine ;)
So Misha's passport is at the French Consulate and it's not ready? Reminds me of the joke that Canada really should have American technology, British bureaucracy and French culture but instead we have American culture, British technology and French bureaucracy.

Maybe they just have a hard time finding Uzbekistan on the map.

Be in Canada by tomorrow, Misha.

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Super excited for Skate Canada this week! I hope Misha's visa issue gets worked out. Loved hearing that practices will be streamed. For those attending (4everchan, liv, etc) have a great time!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
LOL... i remember this joke... but hey... this has nothing to do with Canada... the fact he was up here a couple weeks ago means he is fine to enter... he probably had to go back to his training center in the USA??? and then in preparation for his trip to France, asked for his VISA at the French embassy there, they took his passport away, so now despite being in the clear for Canada, he needs to recuperate his papers... he should be fine ;)

Nothing to do with Canada. He's just dealing with the genuine French bureaucracy.