Winter European Youth Olympic Festival 2017 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Winter European Youth Olympic Festival 2017

The Finn

Record Breaker
Why aren't there any results on the results page? First two ladies should have skated already.

Never mind the results page alive now. Apparently they are just running late already.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You mean live stream? I don't think there is one. There should be one during the FS though.

Unfortunately, you are right.

The only action from the EYOF that is being shown today on the Olymic Channel is the Ice Hockey.

And there is no sign of any upcoming livestreams on the YouTube Channel

But, the Olympic Channel at least will be showing the Ladies FS on Wednesday (but, as far as I can tell, they are not showing the Men's FS).

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Either things are moving really slowly in Turkey or the results page doesn't work because according to schedule 5th lady should have been scored about right now yet they have barely scored the 1st lady.

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
Either things are moving really slowly in Turkey or the results page doesn't work because according to schedule 5th lady should have been scored about right now yet they have barely scored the 1st lady.

this is too bad :ddevil:

The Finn

Record Breaker
What a hell? How can Alina's score be that low? She must have fell her 3Lz and because of that she lost her combo. Damn, what a disappointment.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not bad from Katarina Kitarović. Less than 4 points behind a pretty well known skater, Alizée Crozet.

Of course, you all know why I am keeping an eye on Katarina - she is coached by Jenna and Kevin. But, according to her ISU Bio, she also does some of her training in Erzurum. So, she could be a dark horse in the FS, as she'll know the conditions better than nearly everybody else there. And, as a result, she should be able to pace herself better than them.

So, don't bet against her taking a few scalps on Wednesday.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Whichever score is right, I am impressed with Anna Ivancenko from Moldova.

She was the one skater in the Ladies competition that I could find absolutely no PB's for.

Looking at her ISU Bio again, I see at the bottom that she was 2nd in the EDU Trophy last month.

So, she looks like somebody to keep an eye on for the future.

Good to see somebody from a little-known country (not just in figure skating, but little-known full stop) doing well.

CaroLiza_fan

Sabine

On the Ice
Does anyone know why Sweden has sent a boy but not a girl. Lisa Lager would have been age eligible, but is not competing.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
It is a shame that they dont show everything :cry: but looking at live results Basar did really well! :yahoo::cheer: good luck to all remaining skaters but esp Nika and Aleksandr :cheer:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
What a hell? How can Alina's score be that low? She must have fell her 3Lz and because of that she lost her combo. Damn, what a disappointment.

According the protocol, that is exactly what happened. Considering a fall and no combo, 58 is a pretty good score though. Probably just a fluke for her:cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, I have been doing a bit of digging, and it appears that the ice was a lot more slippery than normal. And that was why there were so many falls during the competition. A lot of the girls were complaining about it.

Also, you know there was a long delay in the scores appearing towards the end of the Ladies SP. Well, there was a disagreement amongst the judges over the scoring for the penultimate skater. And it took them EIGHT MINUTES to reach a decision. :eek:

I have no idea what they were arguing about, but that was ridiculous! :drama:

So, although there were gremlins in the livescoring system earlier on in the competition, this was not the problem at the end.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: