2017 Jr Worlds Mens SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Mens SP

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
oh.. easy... time difference between Taipei and Eastern time is 12 hours... so 10am... means 10 pm tomorrow evening... i guess i will watch some of this.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I was so excited that this event was in prime time for me...then I saw the 8!!! warmup groups. :cry: I might have to take a nap during a few of the earlier ones.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Augh!! I wish I can watch some, but I have to go to sleep early cause I have to get an x-ray of my mouth and get ready for Wednesday cause my college made the CBI tournament (3rd rank of postseason basketball behind NCAA and NIT).

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, In wonder if there will be wacko stuff like last year. Cause last year none of the top 3 from the SP medaled.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Due to the timezone differences, I may actually manage to see the last two groups skate, give or take the 20mins I'll need to drive to work and set up there. I thought I'd be waking up to the results but with 8(!) groups, this is going to take a lot longer than I suspected so yay, I get to watch something!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tech Team:

Referee Margaret WORSFOLD GBR
Tech Controller Yukiko OKABE JPN
Tech Spec Katerina KAMBERSKA CZE
Asst Tech Spec Robyn BURLEY AUS

da96103

Record Breaker
Note below the group:

Qualification rule: The best 24 skaters after Short Program will advance to the next segment.

So they will cut out 21 skaters from the SP. Brutal!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Note below the group:

Qualification rule: The best 24 skaters after Short Program will advance to the next segment.

So they will cut out 21 skaters from the SP. Brutal!

Better to cut a big group rather than those competitions where there's something like 25 or 26 skaters and only 1 or 2 are cut.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Better to cut a big group rather than those competitions where there's something like 25 or 26 skaters and only 1 or 2 are cut.

Every cloud has a silver lining. The large field may mean that a lot of skaters will be cut, but it also means that more non-traditional powers are fielding skaters. I like that.

When I am King, and that should be any day now, I will command that every skating fan pick a smaller federation that they MUST root for.

Mine is Georgia, so you cannot have it (well, you cannot have it exclusively), but there are plenty of others.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Good luck to all Men! :hap10: Hope to comeback home to see some great results :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh goodness. :hslap: Whyyyy do I have so many issues with military time?? I saw 17:17 and of course that means 7:17, right? Noooooo it's 5:17. :sigh:

i totally knew you had made that mistake... i used to do it all the time... ;) it's not just military time it's what some people who don't use PM AM use too... like French speaking people. But yeah... still.. starting at 10 and finishing at around 5am... CRAZY stuff.... I will need to not drink too much early on ;) LOL

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I wish good luck to the men! Unfortunately I can't follow it live as it will be in the middle of the night, but I'll check the results and videos as soon as I wake up.

I hope you GSers will be enjoying the short program. Have fun! ;)