Sotnikova cleared of doping charge | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sotnikova cleared of doping charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purv

Match Penalty
I'm happy for her. She still receives a disgusting amount of insults and similar on her social media when she definitely didn't produce her own score. Glad her name was cleared.

Yes, right she didnt, but she thought and she does she deserved that.Maybe she did or not, but her behaviour was.. lets say little inappropriate. She could be less full of herself . She knew that she won in her own country.And the judges helped her a little.When you beat your PB about 20 points in your own country ,in one night- thats not her genius,just miracle and you know what
Looking then and now when she almost stop competing immediately after olympic seems ugly and dont show her in good light.If she was so fantastic why she didnt continue after olympics?I recall her once in cup od russia, she had balls to compete in something more important and then?

R.D.

Record Breaker
I didn't think Sotnikova was involved in all this in the first place because frankly, she didn't need to be.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Yes, right she didnt, but she thought and she does she deserved that.Maybe she did or not, but her behaviour was.. lets say little inappropriate. She could be less full of herself . She knew that she won in her own country.And the judges helped her a little
Looking then and now when she almost stop competing immediately after olympic seems ugly and dont show her in good light.If she was so fantastic why she didnt continue after olympics?I recall her once in cup od russia, she had balls to compete in something more important and then?

In Sochi she was 17 yo skater who had the skate of her life and won probably the most important golden medal in any athlete’s life. Did you expect her t do what? Mourn? Stand with poker face had down? In autumn 2014 she tore her ankle ligament which pushed her to sit down the whole season. Right now she is recovering from another injury which was misdiagnosed and therefore not properly healed.

Purv

Match Penalty
In Sochi she was 17 yo skater who had the skate of her life and won probably the most important golden medal in any athlete’s life. Did you expect her t do what? Mourn? Stand with poker face had down? In autumn 2014 she tore her ankle ligament which pushed her to sit down the whole season. Right now she is recovering from another injury which was misdiagnosed and therefore not properly healed.

OMG , what being 17 year old have to got with what I said?She could be happy as hell,as typical childish teen, but thats not justfy her lack of manners.
In 2014/15 she has injury, in 2015/16 she hadnt injury or she still suffered?Because the best score she got was 128 then 118 ,105

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I think that guy refers to the one thing, Idont remember good but I read one article some time ago that some rusians athletes(including some figure skaters, 3 or 4 ) were protected by federation and not being tested internationally often enough. They rejected being testing, often agressively or something like that. THere were NO names so I dont want to recall anyone

We are waiting for the link...

Purv

Match Penalty
We are waiting for the link...

I cannot find it , I looked in google but maybe i am looking wrong.I will again .I read it half year ago. I didnt dreamed it, it wasnt about figure skaters ,just all athletes

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Glad about her being cleared, I've never doubted in her innocence - those assumptions were contrived by some stupid blogger ... but about the actual manipulation with her score that took place?

I guess Russia has so much influence over ISU that we will never know the exact details about this fraud. How was Yuri Balkov (judge suspended / banned for cheating back in 1998) allowed to return to his job?

Purv

Match Penalty
Glad about her being cleared, I've never doubted in her innocence - those assumptions were contrived ... but about the actual manipulation with her score?

I guess Russia has so much influence over ISU that we will never know the exact details about this fraud.

I agree.But seeing score of V/T (whom I love deeply) that some things had to be done

lyndichee

Medalist
OMG , what being 17 year old have to got with what I said?She could be happy as hell,as typical childish teen, but thats not justfy her lack of manners.
In 2014/15 she has injury, in 2015/16 she hadnt injury or she still suffered?Because the best score she got was 128 then 118 ,105

Being a 17 year old girl who spent almost her entire life working her butt off to make the Olympics has everything to do with how she reacted to her victory. She achieved what is regarded as the top prize in a figure skater's life on home soil and she was celebrating. I don't think this is even a manners issue. Be less full of herself? Watching her I got the feeling she was feeling confident and trusted herself that night, not full of herself. Now you are just nitpicking.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Glad about her being cleared, I've never doubted in her innocence - those assumptions were contrived ... but about the actual manipulation with her score?

I guess Russia has so much influence over ISU that we will never know the exact details about this fraud.

The IOC cleared Adelina not the ISU ;)

Purv

Match Penalty
Being a 17 year old girl who spent almost her entire life working her butt off to make the Olympics has everything to do with how she reacted to her victory. She achieved what is regarded as the top prize in a figure skater's life on home soil and she was celebrating. I don't think this is even a manners issue. Be less full of herself? Watching her I got the feeling she was feeling confidence and trusted herself that night, not full of herself. Now you are just nitpicking.

I mean her behaving AFTER olympics, when she was giving interviews ,such things.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I cannot find it , I looked in google but maybe i am looking wrong.I will again .I read it half year ago. I didnt dreamed it, it wasnt about figure skaters ,just all athletes

your previous post was different...:think:

moriel

Record Breaker
I mean her behaving AFTER olympics, when she was giving interviews ,such things.

Please provide examples, with links and so on or don't make accusations.
Also, since you mentioned several cases, as the usage of plural indicates, make sure to provide a reference for each.

Purv

Match Penalty
Please provide examples and links.

Are you serious? Links and examples wont do anything because for you it will be normal behavior,so it seems. Thats ok,For me it was little innapropriate and I think she could be little more modest. It is subjective matter. I dont have to proof anything , theres no such way to do it.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I'm happy for Adelina but it's far too late to make a difference. Four years of tarring and feathering won't go away it's already ingrained in people's brains. She's guilty for life

And will they mention any of this at the Olympics when they talk about ladies skating? No doubt they'll talk about the so called controversy with an anti-Russian slant (don't be shocked if they drag the current Russian girls into it to muddy things up for them) but will they specifically mention Adelina has been cleared without hesitation and not passively burry it (blink and miss it)? Outside of Johnny Weir I doubt it.

lyndichee

Medalist
Are you serious? Links and examples wont do anything because for you it will be normal behavior,so it seems. Thats ok,For me it was little innapropriate and I think she could be little more modest. It is subjective matter. I dont have to proof anything , theres no such way to do it.

If she was truly lacking manners then I think audiences would agree with each other. Provide an example where you think she should have said something to appear more humble and less full of herself.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
If she was truly lacking manners then I think audiences would agree with each other. Provide an example where you think she should have said something to appear more humble and less full of herself.
saw your familiar ID, otherwise won't even bother check this thread. thought you are a "Yuna fan", and surprised that you don't know or perhaps "forget" about the famous incidence that Sot dropping the mic in the middle of ladies' interview and left.. That GIF was trending at the time all over social media, thought you at least should have seen it as a "Yuna fan".:biggrin:

Since I am in this thread, give a thread related opinion regarding this , which is Sot who? I don't really care. I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.