Still having same heel problem | Golden Skate

Still having same heel problem

joonieskates

Rinkside
I feel like i'm spamming this forum, i'm sorry.

But ages ago i had made a thread about how i couldn't get my heel into the back of one boot.
When I say this I don't mean it's specifically the right or left boot. I put one on and it's perfect. I put the other one on and it's not. because my heel isn't in the back. I do the exact same steps for both foot, in the same order and they are equally tightly tied.

So what the hell can I do now? I can't buy another pair of skates. I tried heel grips in my boots but they don't really do anything so i took them out. I'm scared i've broken them in wrong. Before you suggest hitting the back part of the blade on the ground, that doesn't get my heel IN, it gets it OUT. Seriously.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I feel like i'm spamming this forum, i'm sorry.

But ages ago i had made a thread about how i couldn't get my heel into the back of one boot.
When I say this I don't mean it's specifically the right or left boot. I put one on and it's perfect. I put the other one on and it's not. because my heel isn't in the back. I do the exact same steps for both foot, in the same order and they are equally tightly tied.

So what the hell can I do now? I can't buy another pair of skates. I tried heel grips in my boots but they don't really do anything so i took them out. I'm scared i've broken them in wrong. Before you suggest hitting the back part of the blade on the ground, that doesn't get my heel IN, it gets it OUT. Seriously.

The question is...are you using the proper technique and angle to smack the heel of the blade. If you are not doing it correctly then it won't work obviously. Many of skaters including those of us at the elite level use this technique and it has never failed us.

So at this point you either learn the proper techniques (and if that fails you), you'll have to take your skates back to the tech and have them checked as to why they aren't fitting you properly.

joonieskates

Rinkside
I don't really know if i am. nor do i know how to know. If I can't figure out anything i'll have to take them to the shop.

singerskates

On the Ice
Have both feet measured for length, width in the ball of the foot and the heel and around ankle heel. You may find that you have two totally differently sized feet.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Have both feet measured for length, width in the ball of the foot and the heel and around ankle heel. You may find that you have two totally differently sized feet.

We've told her this already when she originally bought these skates in her other thread from months back.

treesprite

Final Flight
Wait. The guy actually only measured one foot. What an idiot.

I'm sorry to be a bother.

That is why it is worth driving for 2 hours to go to a good fitter. Skates are somewhat of an investment, in more than just money. Getting proper ones is a serious endeavor for any skater who is trying to learn anything besides just how to fall and get up.

If I was you, I would go back to the shop and ask for a refund or exchange, explaining that the sales person sold you the skates without making proper thorough measurements first. If they refuse and you paid with plastic, you might be able to file a claim with the bank that issued the card (the bank issues you a refund and goes after the vendor to get the money back; I had to do this twice with my bank).

VegMom

On the Ice

Taking your post at face value and assuming you do truly mean that it occurs with either foot. You've tried putting them on right then left and also on other days left then right. Either way, one OR the other is incorrect. For instance, it's not always that the left boot is incorrect but rather that sometimes it's the left and sometimes it's the right. Am I understanding?

It sounds like the first boot is correct and the second boot is incorrect or vice versa. Is that right?
If so then it sounds to me like it's related to how you're putting them on. Like Ic3Rabbit says, you need to learn how to 'lock in your heels' for both feet. Maybe it's easier for you to do when one foot is not in a skate yet? And that's why it's happening to only one boot and not the other? If that's the case, you need to learn how to do it for both feet.

If you're describing the situation correctly and it occurs on both feet (one at a time) then it's about learning to lock in that heel. It's not the skate, it's your technique.