2018-2019 GP Assignments | Page 94 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 GP Assignments

DenissVFan

Medalist
Maybe they could invite Viveca as a substitute since Finland is (relatively) not that far from Russia.

I know it's late but a European skater is not unrealistic.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
It’s probably too late to replace her. Looks like Gracie will be the only US skater there.

Maybe they knew about Karen's WD before we did though.

At least Lazukin was replaced for Erokhov today. Let's see if he can please Mishin this time...

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Wow, I predicted that both Karen and Nicole would withdraw a few pages back.
I hope there’s at least one replacement, but there probably won’t be.😕

Tash

Spectator
There must be something that could be done about those last minute withdrawals. Maybe they could change the rules?

"If a skater withdraws later than 72 hours before the start of the event, the host has a right to leave the spot empty OR to find a replacement skater from its home federation, even if the 3 host picks were already filled". Something along those lines.

With the additional emergency host picks being possible, some lucky lady could have had Elena Radionova's first spot, and some other lucky lady could now have Karen's. It is to the benefit of bigger federations, but surely that would be better than what we have now.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
There are 3 Russians there already.

I know - I didn't think it was possible until I saw this above: ""If a skater withdraws later than 72 hours before the start of the event, the host has a right to leave the spot empty OR to find a replacement skater from its home federation, even if the 3 host picks were already filled". Something along those lines. ""

Klarnet

On the Ice
There must be something that could be done about those last minute withdrawals. Maybe they could change the rules?

"If a skater withdraws later than 72 hours before the start of the event, the host has a right to leave the spot empty OR to find a replacement skater from its home federation, even if the 3 host picks were already filled".
Maybe it has to be even more strict, like impose penalties and charges for those who wait till last minute. Like, "a skater must announce withdrawal no later than 10 days prior, otherwise he pays a fine in amount of 100$ for each day of delay"

pearly

Record Breaker
I know - I didn't think it was possible until I saw this above: ""If a skater withdraws later than 72 hours before the start of the event, the host has a right to leave the spot empty OR to find a replacement skater from its home federation, even if the 3 host picks were already filled". Something along those lines. ""

That was a proposal, not a rule. But a good one.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Maybe it has to be even more strict, like impose penalties and charges for those who wait till last minute. Like, "a skater must announce withdrawal no later than 10 days prior, otherwise he pays a fine in amount of 100$ for each day of delay"
Yeah, other sports impose withdrawal fees

Roast Toast

Medalist
Yeah, other sports impose withdrawal fees

For invitational tournaments? Somehow, I doubt it...

Anyway, I personally don't see the big deal with last minute withdrawals. It sucks for skaters on the substitute list, but they are in no way entitled to or guaranteed a spot. I think often for skaters it is touch-and-go whether or not they will withdraw, so they are merely keeping their options open. They earned that privilege fair and square.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I guess it's impossible since she was never on the sub list, but I would have loved to see Ekaterina Kurakova representing Poland.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I don't think skaters should be punished for late withdrawals as we don't know the circumstances (what if someone gets injured / ill two days prior to the competition?). Instead, the replacement procedure could be improved. Right now it's very random.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
For invitational tournaments? Somehow, I doubt it...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1fsVffddbscKgb4fY6OaC0

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjADegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1zuA1EcJa0D33UtiftUjct

Badminton
14.'1.2 'Any withdrawal after Sunday preceding the draw for whatever reason whatsoever, renders the Member liable to withdrawal fees....'

There are no invitationals for badminton tournaments.
Only certain minimum world rankings qualify for tournaments equivalent to skating's GP competitions. Similar like WC qualification.
Lets say theoretically there are Invitationals, same rules would apply as its the same governing body.

Ziotic

Medalist
I think there is a fine line.

Karen and Nicole should have withdrawn earlier, their injuries were known as they had already withdrawn from their first event.

Instances like Veronik and Guillaume are a bit different.