Grand Prix Assignments 2023/24 released | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Assignments 2023/24 released

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuma is right in the middle of it. Up against Ilia in France and Shoma in Japan.

Chock and Bates back for another season - I haven't been keeping up too closely, so maybe this confirmation is old news.

ETA: The men's field in France and Japan look the most interesting to me.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Boyang Jin confirmed in only one event (France). The three Chinese spots at CoC are all TBD. Interesting.

ETA: Well, it looks like the Chinese are not confirming ANY of their host spots in any event. More interesting.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexa and Brandon have no assignments, even though they have not made an announcement. I suppose they could "pull a Jason", ;) although I don't see how when they are in different cities.

Skate America men: Kevin, Deniss and Andrew T. :hap10:

gleungc6

On the Ice

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
and Yuma is back too :) so happy. Shoma will be competing in Canada at some point in the season for sure :)
Yes, I hope Shoma makes it to Worlds too. 😉 I'll probably buy tickets soon.

Maybe I'll even attend Skate Canada, Piper/Paul, Kao, Junhwan, and Kaori are a really tempting lineup for me...😁

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Looks like no P² for me this season unless I magically find $$$ for SCI or will to go for Worlds...a bit sad, but that's my natural state lately.
Or I just let it go and will send appreciation gifts via someone this time.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
No Grand Prix Final for Deniss, apparently :(
Then again, if his goal is skating for the public and he wants to skate for Japanese public... All right then.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Women are going to be an absolute bloodbath. There are anywhere from 6-8 skaters who could make the podium at every event. Here's hoping for triumphant returns for Young, Wakaba, Mana, Bradie, and Rika, and soaring successes for Mai and Yelim.

The men are going to be complete chaos. There are a lot of juniors-turning-seniors, men returning from injury, Canadian men, Selev-cacti, etc. I will begin stocking up on chocolate immediately.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I can take all who are coming to Espoo. Wise decision to give Makar S. an host spot as well as give one opportunity to local skaters as TBD. I am sure the young men are eager to get that spot and do their best. Also in woman it is vice to wait who shows best condition to get host spots but maybe a little bit surprised they did not give one to Janna as last year they had decided all when spots where announced (They=the Finland's Fed). The others, am happy. I like especially men in Espoo. Waiting to see Kevin (once again, but never getting bored), Matteo, the Japanese, Junwan, Andreas...and a pair respresenting Finland, I think it has never happened, even it is a host spot. In woman Kaori, I think I have not seen her live boefore. Edit, also Nikolaj :clap:.

It is little bit surprising to see China having all host spots as TBD. Let's hope there will be local pairs. Any hope to happen so?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Looks like no P² for me this season unless I magically find $$$ for SCI or will to go for Worlds...a bit sad, but that's my natural state lately.
Or I just let it go and will send appreciation gifts via someone this time.
challengers! They should get one in Europe? Remain hopeful my friend !