2018-19 South Korean figure skating | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2018-19 South Korean figure skating

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I agree there are some usual suspects coming here ONLY to say Young’s 4Lz is UR or downgraded or whatever but they also go around saying that a flutz is no problem and a really poor lutz technique doesn’t matter because “hey, it’s a freaking quad lutz!”
I want to see those posters extending the same tolerance to every lady who attempts a quad then!

About her UR issues, maybe training quads will help her triples. Her 2A is huge and I think that happened when she started training the 3A. We’ll see what happens! I just want her to stay healthy and have fun. ❤️

And please, can we not take TSL seriously?! [emoji23]

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
God I cannot believe SC didn't invite Eunsoo, I am two minutes from freaking the hell out here :furious: Can't Raf do something for SA?? If Rostelecom ends up being her only GP I'm going to break a dish or something. I raise a finger to the system, guess which one.

And while I do want Tom Z to focus on her underrotation issues, if she's not all about the quad lutz then let Young try. As stated earlier she's the most daring of the trio, and I doubt she'll be trying one in competitions when she's not always going for her 3A anyway. Her triple lutz could benefit from it too, as long as her underrotation issues are primarily attended to I'm not going to worry. (I'm curious though, is her 4S settled already enough for Tom Z to try out 4Lz?)

zebobes

Final Flight
God I cannot believe SC didn't invite Eunsoo, I am two minutes from freaking the hell out here :furious: Can't Raf do something for SA?? If Rostelecom ends up being her only GP I'm going to break a dish or something. I raise a finger to the system, guess which one.

And while I do want Tom Z to focus on her underrotation issues, if she's not all about the quad lutz then let Young try. As stated earlier she's the most daring of the trio, and I doubt she'll be trying one in competitions when she's not always going for her 3A anyway. Her triple lutz could benefit from it too, as long as her underrotation issues are primarily attended to I'm not going to worry. (I'm curious though, is her 4S settled already enough for Tom Z to try out 4Lz?)

The only hesitation I have about Skate America is perhaps Eunsoo isn't ready for a competition this week. If she comes out unprepared, it might possibly hurt her more than help her?

randomfan

Record Breaker
2010-2011 Yuna was assigned but declined to go and then had her year off. When she came back in 2012-2013 season she wasn’t invited to any GP’s. Imagine an Olympic champion coming back and not being invited to GP’s it’s freaking laughable. This is why this whole GP circuit is a bunch of nonsense.

Oh wow. And until now I thought it was just Yuna’s decision not to participate in that season’s GPs...:slink:

rikaquegira

On the Ice

It’s really unfair if no one invites Eunsoo. [emoji24] And there are SO many skating fans wanting to see her skate a second event!

About Young, I just noticed Tom Z liked the comment “The only one that’s actually a Lutz so far” on Instagram. Oh, the shaaaade! LMAO [emoji23]

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Oh wow. And until now I thought it was just Yuna’s decision not to participate in that season’s GPs...:slink:

I thought the same. [emoji23]
Wow, how petty they can be to not invite the Queen Kim Yuna??? And she sell tickets!! 🤦*♂️
I’m really losing my hopes about Eunsoo getting a second spot. [emoji24]

leoleo

Medalist
I agree there are some usual suspects coming here ONLY to say Young’s 4Lz is UR or downgraded or whatever but they also go around saying that a flutz is no problem and a really poor lutz technique doesn’t matter because “hey, it’s a freaking quad lutz!”
I want to see those posters extending the same tolerance to every lady who attempts a quad then!

About her UR issues, maybe training quads will help her triples. Her 2A is huge and I think that happened when she started training the 3A. We’ll see what happens! I just want her to stay healthy and have fun. ❤️

And please, can we not take TSL seriously?! [emoji23]

True! lol always the same people! people i have seen literally make fun of You Young's inconsistency before in mean ways, but suddenly they care about her not focusing on her UR issues for her own growth or something, i gotta laugh! :laugh2: i love how people suddenly care about good technique when it's not their faves it's about

I do feel like Yelim improved a lot with Tom so i'll try to stay positive and think that he knows what he's doing and he will work on Young's shortcomings.

leoleo

Medalist
Tom said this as a reply to TheSkatingLesson's comment on IG: "I would be happy to chat again with you Dave! Let’s find some time. Lots to discuss:)" I don't watch TSL videos because i can't stand them but if they could interview him and get him to tell us what his strategy and plans for the korean girls are that would be really nice. I'm very curious to know what he's going for.

jaylee

Medalist
2010-2011 Yuna was assigned but declined to go and then had her year off. When she came back in 2012-2013 season she wasn’t invited to any GP’s. Imagine an Olympic champion coming back and not being invited to GP’s it’s freaking laughable. This is why this whole GP circuit is a bunch of nonsense.

IIRC, for the 2012-2013 season, Yuna announced her comeback after the GP slots had already been distributed, and she announced her plan as being to compete at an international B event, followed by Korean Nationals, and then 2013 Worlds. She said that she wasn't ready to compete at the Grand Prix events that early in the season. Had Yuna decided to come back earlier that year, she could have exercised her comeback skater rights, which would have guaranteed her a GP slot or two.

However, I agree that the amount of power and politics wielded by the host federations of Grand Prix events is unfair, and skaters represented by non-host federations are at a serious disadvantage, which in turn undermines the credibility of the GP.

katymay

Medalist
I wasn’t even referencing you in particular but someone else who loves to degrade Young in particular to the point it’s quite mean-spirited and terrible. I don’t know how I feel about any of the young girls doing quads but if everybody else is trying Young might as well.

Young You is a huge talent. I thought her 4L looked pretty wonderful as well. She seems to be in the midst of a growth spurt, but still adjusting nicely. and I expect great things from her in the future, even with such a deep talent pool as Korea now has.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
IIRC, for the 2012-2013 season, Yuna announced her comeback after the GP slots had already been distributed, and she announced her plan as being to compete at an international B event, followed by Korean Nationals, and then 2013 Worlds. She said that she wasn't ready to compete at the Grand Prix events that early in the season. Had Yuna decided to come back earlier that year, she could have exercised her comeback skater rights, which would have guaranteed her a GP slot or two.

However, I agree that the amount of power and politics wielded by the host federations of Grand Prix events is unfair, and skaters represented by non-host federations are at a serious disadvantage, which in turn undermines the credibility of the GP.

Thanks for the clarification. [emoji120]

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Tom said this as a reply to TheSkatingLesson's comment on IG: "I would be happy to chat again with you Dave! Let’s find some time. Lots to discuss:)" I don't watch TSL videos because i can't stand them but if they could interview him and get him to tell us what his strategy and plans for the korean girls are that would be really nice. I'm very curious to know what he's going for.

I don’t even hate TSL, I just don’t take them seriously. And I have to admit I find them entertaining, they can be funny as much as they can be mean. And their interviews are actually quite good! Specially when we have very few platforms for getting insights of the top names in figure skating, specifically in video format, they end up being a nice addition( LMAO don’t kill me! ). Also, TSL actually asks interesting questions! *shocking* [emoji23]

So I would LOVE a Tom Z interview! And I’m sure it will happen because he invited himself so... [emoji23] I’m hoping to see some thorough update on Korean girls and a deep insight on what the plan is and how they are progressing. [emoji120]

leoleo

Medalist
I don't know what the chances of Eunsoo getting invited to NHK are. They already overlooked her for Mae so i'll keep my hopes down. I don't want to be disappointed again. I'm still praying tho!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't know what the chances of Eunsoo getting invited to NHK are. They already overlooked her for Mae so i'll keep my hopes down. I don't want to be disappointed again. I'm still praying tho!

Both Gabby and Elena R pulled out of their first events and NHK is their 2nd event, so it's possible that more spots will open up there.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Lol don’t forget guys! Dabin’s spot at NHK is still open.

As leoleo said they passed her over once already, and since it's Japan I'm not that sure whether they'll do Eunsoo justice... Besides, with NHK she'll have back-to-back competitions involving a lot of distance, and I don't want to worry for two of my darlings' conditions...

I had my hopes for SC and then (bleep) (bleep) (bleep) :ddevil: :furious: Now either SA invites her (less than THREE days left), or I get drunk and wreak havoc. My mental health is not that up to standards these days for me to have hope.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Sorry for double posting, but I've just seen that Soyoun amd Dabin on the entry list for Alpen Trophy, and I am thoroughly confused here. Why would Dabin withdraw from NHK and then do a challenger??????

Dabin aside, I'm glad that we get to see Soyoun before Nationals, hope she's in form.

kimi492

Final Flight

I'm pretty sure Yuna announced her return during the summer - which wouldn't have disqualified her from GP slots (?) but I could be wrong. It was then that she had to do team B events to get points
Even if she had missed the initial placement, I just checked Wiki and there were 6 spot withdrawals in ladies - I'm pretty sure her lack of invitation by that point was purposeful.