2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Meanwhile this weekend might be very interesting with Kolyada vs Aliev for the first time this season (save the test skates) + Erokhov as a dark horse at Finlandia Trophy

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Just came back from a one week trip in Spain so i've just watched the recent competitions and i'm a fan of Kirill Iakovlev: perfect straight posture, he's only 14 but he shows commitment to the performance, great skating skills and transitions, and i also like his jumping technique (he has a better flip than his teammate Danielian).

Shame he missed the podium despite two clean performances, but looking his 2a i guess he will add the triple very soon.

Andrei Mozalev made a statement winning here cause i think Pulkinen was the favourite: i don't like his free program (not because of the music but the amount of cuts), but he has some nice quality that needs to be developed more, and a very nice jumping technique, he's only 15 and already has a beautiful 4T and 3A

It's interesting that RusFed is letting those minor coaches from SPB sending their skaters and at the moment they're winning more than Moscow skaters from the most popular clubs: certainly there is an age factor, especially Gumennik had those 2-3 seasons to learn everything while competing at international events, but when you try to compare Mozalev, Gumennik, Kolyada, Aliev with Savosin, Samarin, Erokhov, Kovtun, Murashov you can tell when it comes to the mens, SPB coaches have maybe a better approach.

I wonder if Danielian and Iakovlev are destined to become a bit like Kovtun or Samarin because at a certain point their coaches will force them to work on nothing but the jumps.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just came back from a one week trip in Spain so i've just watched the recent competitions and i'm a fan of Kirill Iakovlev: perfect straight posture, he's only 14 but he shows commitment to the performance, great skating skills and transitions, and i also like his jumping technique (he has a better flip than his teammate Danielian).

Shame he missed the podium despite two clean performances, but looking his 2a i guess he will add the triple very soon.

Andrei Mozalev made a statement winning here cause i think Pulkinen was the favourite: i don't like his free program (not because of the music but the amount of cuts), but he has some nice quality that needs to be developed more, and a very nice jumping technique, he's only 15 and already has a beautiful 4T and axel technique.

It's interesting that RusFed is letting those minor coaches from SPB sending their skaters and at the moment they're winning more than Moscow skaters from the more popular clubs: certainly there is an age factor, especially Gumennik had those 2-3 seasons to learn everything while competing at international events, but when you try to compare Mozalev, Gumennik, Kolyada, Aliev with Savosin, Samarin, Erokhov, Kovtun, Murashov you can tell when it comes to the mens, SPB coaches have maybe a better approach.

I wonder if Danielian and Iakovlev are destined to become a bit like Kovtun or Samarin because at a certain point their coaches will force to work on nothing but the jumps.

Small correction. Kirill Iakovlev is 15, not 14. But I agree about his nice qualities.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if Danielian and Iakovlev are destined to become a bit like Kovtun or Samarin because at a certain point their coaches will force them to work on nothing but the jumps.

:scratch2: If that was the case, they would have never bothered to teach Artur/Kirill to skate the way they do now. They would put emphasis on the jumps and they have not. I mean why bother to teach a skater to be great at PCS if all you want is a jumper? And Kirill is almost 16. He is older than Mozalev. They are clearly working on his PCS because outside of his posture/SS he did not look like this at all last year or the years prior (JMO). But I'm of the mindset that Kovtun/Samarin skate the way they do because that's their personality and have non-jump limitations not because that's what CSKA want their male skaters to look like. Sometimes you have Stojkos, sometimes Urmanovs.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So who gets the final spot in Yerevan? Danielian who was so much better than Murashov but Murashov with a higher finish. We wait with baited breath. :popcorn:

Orlov

Medalist
So who gets the final spot in Yerevan? Danielian who was so much better than Murashov but Murashov with a higher finish. We wait with baited breath. :popcorn:

As someone said today on fco-forume "Мурашову нечего делать в финале" (Murashov unworthy of the final). I completely agree. I don't want such a “miracle in feathers” to represent my country in the final. Arthur can get the first place and even if he has the same points as today, he will beat Gogolev and get to the final. Murashev should sit at home.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
As someone said today on fco-forume "Мурашову нечего делать в финале" (Murashov unworthy of the final). I completely agree. I don't want such a “miracle in feathers” to represent my country in the final. Arthur can get the first place and even if he has the same points as today, he will beat Gogolev and get to the final. Murashev should sit at home.
It doesn't look like Gogolev is getting into the final from the way things stand now. So even if Artur displaces him in the queue he will still be a substitute.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Nah, Danielian has no shot at the final even with a win but he can hope to be 1st alternate. There is Mozalev with a win who will likely take the last spot. So Russia still has its 2 spots in the final.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Nah, Danielian has no shot at the final even with a win but he can hope to be 1st alternate. There is Mozalev with a win who will likely take the last spot. So Russia still has its 2 spots in the final.
He was unlucky because he had to wait till the last two events to skate. With earlier events he would have made it easily. But he is only 14, plenty of time to make it into the final.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He was unlucky because he had to wait till the last two events to skate. With earlier events he would have made it easily. But he is only 14, plenty of time to make it into the final.

I'd say he was unlucky that his coaches didn't check his levels before leaving. Two level 2s on footwork, 2 level 3s on his fly camel and his combo in the SP not in the bonus hurt. He did only lose bronze by 2.5 points after all. i hope his team starts paying attention to their kids levels :disapp:

And I got a response back from Zavozin about Kirill. He passed on my message :rock:

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany

He would have at least time to fix the problems with the short. Now in only one week i don't think it would be possible.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He would have at least time to fix the problems with the short. Now in only one week i don't think it would be possible.

Well he can definitely swich the 2nd Spin and the combo around. Also add one more feature to his fly camel to get a level 4 and that should be good enough for an improvement in scores. The flip edge was better in the free plus more in the corner. If he can do that in his SP he will be in a much better spot. So most things can be changed relatively quickly but his level 2 footwork will probably need more time.

But he did well considering he only got his jumps back 3 weeks ago and grew 3 inches since last season. I guess now if he does not get Yerevan he will try to recover his quad sal.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I'd say he was unlucky that his coaches didn't check his levels before leaving. Two level 2s on footwork, 2 level 3s on his fly camel and his combo in the SP not in the bonus hurt. He did only lose bronze by 2.5 points after all. i hope his team starts paying attention to their kids levels :disapp:

And I got a response back from Zavozin about Kirill. He passed on my message :rock:
Buyanova's ladies have all been getting level 2 or even 1 on their step sequences this season. I honestly don't know what they are thinking about in the group. Artur is lucky because Buyanova at least seems to be interested in him, unlike the ladies.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Buyanova's ladies have all been getting level 2 or even 1 on their step sequences this season. I honestly don't know what they are thinking about in the group. Artur is lucky because Buyanova at least seems to be interested in him, unlike the ladies.

Probably she has too many students. She is not used to having so many at once. But Marina is there and she takes care of Artur, Kirill, and Kutovoy and overall, they all look so much better than the ladies with better programs and costumes (Artur/Kirill). As far as levels, even Kirill had level 2 steps in Kaunas (SP) but it was promptly corrected so I hope the same happens for Artur. Kid is too talented to be losing medals like that :roll5:

And I'm so biased when I say this but thank goodness Artur appears to be Elena's #1 :yes2: Just what I wanted :devil:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Andrei Mozalev is assigned to junior men at the Volvo Open Cup, November 7-11

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FWIW, Artur just confirmed he is going to Armenia. He leaves Tuesday :yahoo: Good luck to both of the boys!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Well he is senior age eligible. I hope all the junior senior age eligible boys get a Senior B or something. They could use the experience.

Russia doesn't usually send anyone to Volvo as a senior, I think because it doesn't count as a SB competition. They are sending two junior ladies, a ton of junior dance teams, three junior pairs, etc. And the only other thing Russia's entered anyone in is advanced novice ice dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.