Proposals to ISU Congress 2018-2019 Season | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Proposals to ISU Congress 2018-2019 Season

ice coverage

Record Breaker
They already had votes as to whether Urgent Proposals No. 5 (re raising age limits for figure skaters) and No. 6 (re conflicts of interests of officials) would be included in the Congress agenda.

If(?) I understood the results of the votes correctly:

Urgent Proposal No. 5 will not be included in the Congress agenda.

Same for No. 6.​

Danny T

Medalist
Sneaking in a few minutes during work, some summary:

- Israel motioned to strike Urgent Proposal 5 (raising minimum age for seniors) off the agenda --> SUCCESS

- Canada motioned to strike Urgent Proposal 6 (forbidding presidents of fed from being on judging panels) off the agenda --> SUCCESS

Hmm, who's running for Skate Canada president :laugh:

ETA: Just checked the whole congress agenda, the actual FS rules won't be discussed for a few more hours. They're doing admin (aka boring speech stuff) right now

- Canada motioned to strike Urgent Proposal 6 (forbidding presidents of fed from being on judging panels) off the agenda --> SUCCESS
:rofl: Oh, I love it! Great, no separation of PCS+GOE panels is going to matter this quad. Is there a reason? Or just "We don't want it wah wah"?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
- Israel motioned to strike Urgent Proposal 5 (raising minimum age for seniors) off the agenda --> SUCCESS

Thankyou Israel for chucking that abomination of a proposal from the agenda.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I'm sadly not surprised about the Federation officials being unable to judge in competitions proposal being striked off so swiftly, but I am disappointed. What a laughable beginning.

Glad the age limit proposal was cut off from the start, though.

I'm sadly not surprised about the Federation officials being unable to judge in competitions proposal being striked off so swiftly, but I am disappointed. What a laughable beginning.

Why are you sad? I had a very good laugh. More :popcorn: and denial on GS!

russianfan

Match Penalty
Funnily enough, no "big" countries voted for age limit proposal (list of countries who voted for it). Russia, Japan, US, Canada, South Korea - not a single one of them if I understand correctly?

EDIT: ok, seems like US was the only one. What's the point though.. you have Alysa Liu with big potential lol

Danny T

Medalist
My goodness, how do people deal with the sloooww speeches? Is this why ISU often overlooks important details - because the delegates are bored to insanity?? That said, lots of people are suing ISU, including a case with EU Commission. RIP in pieces :p

I'd rather watch my lab gel dry. Literally. :yawn:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Funnily enough, no "big" countries voted for age limit proposal (list of countries who voted for it). Russia, Japan, US, Canada, South Korea - not a single one of them if I understand correctly?

EDIT: ok, seems like US was the only one. What's the point though.. you have Alysa Liu with big potential lol

Good to see that Australia didn't.

Why do the speed federations get to vote on a figure skating proposal?