Boyang Jin to Train under Brian Orser | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin to Train under Brian Orser

Yuii Murasaki

On the Ice
China's Boyang Jin will join Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson's team at the Toronto Cricket Club in mid-June. Orser said this will be a permanent arrangement.

"Technically he is very sound, so we will be giving him the direction and the guidance that we gave to Javi. We want to go through the same kind of process with him," Orser said. "I think he is mature enough to handle it. Also with the 2022 Olympics being in Beijing, it is important to get him prepared to medal at those Games."

Jin is already in Toronto working with choreographer Lori Nicholl on new programs for the upcoming season.

Source: International Figure Skating FB Page
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157372988562538&id=278550292537

chillgil

Match Penalty
😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
I knew it was heavily rumored he’d spend some time training at TCC but WOW im thrilled now if only this had happened before it was set in stone he’d be working with Lori. I’d kill for a Jeff Buttle SP for Boyang

asiacheetah

On the Ice
My dream prediction of Boyangman moving to TCC came true!

Now my anticipated Boyang and Yuzu spurring each other on their quad advancement and Brian loosing all his hair might just come true as well.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Holy shirtballs. I'm so excited! Moreover, this confirms that the Chinese fed is taking 2022 seriously enough to rely on international coaching. This bodes well for Chinese ice dance!

My dream prediction of Boyangman moving to TCC came true!

Now my anticipated Boyang and Yuzu spurring each other on their quad advancement and Brian loosing all his hair might just come true as well.

Yuzu will steal Boyang's technique on 4Lz, which is the best by the way, and will bring back the best 4Lz of the pack :biggrin: Boyang will so improve artistically that we won't recognize him in two years :agree:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Good luck Boyang!!!! I think he’ll improve so much and I hope he’ll stop jumping so close to the boards 😁

Yuzu will steal Boyang's technique on 4Lz, which is the best by the way, and will bring back the best 4Lz of the pack :biggrin:

Their basic techniques for the lutz are pretty different to my eyes. I don't see Yuzuru breaking down his lutz to "fix" his 4Lz by "learning" Boyang's technique, it might affect his 3Lz too. He will probably try to work on it in his own way. Mutual benefits, if any, will be completely unrelated to this.

ragdoll

On the Ice
He already has good technical skills so I hope moving to Orser will give him better artistry. Brian Orser is good at that.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Well well well Brian. Why didn't you get another top lady to your basket too? That could have been even more jaw dropping.
Congrats Boyang, you've landed a great new coach team, good luck!
The level of competition in Cricket Club is raising, wow. Young students will have lots of great stars training together with them.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
Well well well Brian. Why didn't you get another top lady to your basket too? That could have been even more jaw dropping.
Congrats Boyang, you've landed a great new coach team, good luck!
The level of competition in Cricket Club is raising, wow. Young students will have lots of great stars training together with them.

I nominate Wakababy!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss my two favorite boys training together!!!!!!!!!!

Alchamei

Record Breaker
While I'm excited for Boyang, I guess that means the hopes of Orser taking Wakababy are gone :sad21:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
The Avengers: TCC Edition?

Like Disney, BOrser is indeed slowly accumulating top skaters until he's really only competing against himself. We oughta get a Sherman Anti-Trust suit going, before he becomes too powerful to stop!

(But actually, I am super psyched for this. I love Boyang, I love BOrser, I for one welcome our new skating overlords).