Boyang Jin to Train under Brian Orser | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin to Train under Brian Orser

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Wow, good luck to Boyang! I hope the TCC members keep inspiring each other and getting along smoothly.
Since Orser's statement mentioned Javi - does anyone know who his new coach will be, for those smaller competitions he wants to keep up reportedly?

tzazu

Medalist
Wow, good luck to Boyang! I hope the TCC members keep inspiring each other and getting along smoothly.
Since Orser's statement mentioned Javi - does anyone know who his new coach will be, for those smaller competitions he wants to keep up reportedly?

:confused:can't read the original article, but does it say something about Javi leaving Orser for those smaller competitions?

khtmyzr

Final Flight
I thought he’s still with TCC, but just not full time.

vunhung3001

Rinkside
Nothing can express how happy I'm now. Boyang is a very talented skater and has great potientals. His jumps are amazing. What he needs is polishing his skating. And he's fully aware of that. TCC is best place for him. I love the relationship between Yuzuru and him too. I hope by training together they will support and push each other.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Oh my GOD! I am so happy! Ma' boi Yuzu and my ultimate son Boyang as rink mates :love:

Papa BOrser is preparing to SLAY that 2018/2019 season ;) :yahoo:

Grin

Medalist
I think it's a really good news. BOrser will definitely help Boyang with his package

Danny T

Medalist
OMG OMG just logged in for this. I'm hyped!! Go TianTian GO!!

:yahoo:

(ok back to my UCL-induced trauma :slink:)

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
:confused:can't read the original article, but does it say something about Javi leaving Orser for those smaller competitions?

If Javi will continue competing next season (and I think that is a biggish if), he will stay with Orser as far as I know - nothing else has ever been said. The plans so far outlined have been that Javi will be moving back to Spain and will go to Canada occasionally to work with Brian. How this might work out in practice, we will have to wait and see.

But it will be interesting to see how the appearance of Medvedeva and particularly Jin will change the power balance and atmosphere at TCC. Hanyu and Javi grew up working side by side from the early stages of their careers to the very top, but Jin is already a clear rival for Hanyu.

E

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
YAAASSSSSSS!!!!! I hope he'll be able to deal with the pressure in the lead up to 2022 as China would love a gold on home soil or ice.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist

Well... if I remember correctly Misha landed this absolutely stunning 4Lz exactly once in competition... the rest was either a fall or turned into triple. I don't even remember when was the last time Boyang fell on a lutz so I would still give him the edge on this one ;)

eaglehelang

Final Flight
China's Boyang Jin will join Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson's team at the Toronto Cricket Club in mid-June. Orser said this will be a permanent arrangement.

"Technically he is very sound, so we will be giving him the direction and the guidance that we gave to Javi. We want to go through the same kind of process with him," Orser said. "I think he is mature enough to handle it. Also with the 2022 Olympics being in Beijing, it is important to get him prepared to medal at those Games."

Jin is already in Toronto working with choreographer Lori Nicholl on new programs for the upcoming season.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157372988562538&id=278550292537

This is what the FB post says