Tips on tying new skates | Golden Skate

Tips on tying new skates

Rozeamide

Rinkside
I got my first own figure skates and they are the Edea overture. I need more tips on how to make sure I tied the skates correctly. As of now I’ve only skated in the skates once so I haven’t broken in them yet. I ended up having a very short bow after tying my skates so I was wondering I probably didn’t tie it enough.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Are you doing the over-hook method Edea recommends? I didn't do it in my Jacksons but in my Edeas I found it really did secure my ankle better. Also make sure you're tightening from the toe box all the way up, not tying super tight over your foot but taking all the slack out before you get to the hooks. You want it tightest right at the bottom of the ankle/top of the foot, and then a bit looser as you go up the hooks.

Edea has some good, specific to their brand, lacing techniques on their website.

Rozeamide

Rinkside
Are you doing the over-hook method Edea recommends? I didn't do it in my Jacksons but in my Edeas I found it really did secure my ankle better. Also make sure you're tightening from the toe box all the way up, not tying super tight over your foot but taking all the slack out before you get to the hooks. You want it tightest right at the bottom of the ankle/top of the foot, and then a bit looser as you go up the hooks.

Edea has some good, specific to their brand, lacing techniques on their website.

Thank you!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I got my first own figure skates and they are the Edea overture. I need more tips on how to make sure I tied the skates correctly. As of now I’ve only skated in the skates once so I haven’t broken in them yet. I ended up having a very short bow after tying my skates so I was wondering I probably didn’t tie it enough.

Max Aaron :luv17: and Patrick Chan :luv17: both made videos for Edea about proper lacing.

Max: https://youtu.be/BQfNB_2ZI0c (2:43)

Patrick: https://youtu.be/WZVL0O6VjGs (3:08)