Usova Zhulin Chopin e minor prelude exh

there are so many others...

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Brian Boitano "Don't Cry" at the tribute to Sergei Grinkov after his passing
Jeremy Abbott "Dear Lord" tribute to his father who passed earlier that month. 2015 Nationals.
Mirai Nagasu "On Golden Pond" 2014 Nationals Gala (she just found out she didn't make the 2014 Oly Team)
JoAnnie Rochette 2010 Olympic FreeSkate
V/M 2018 Olympic Free Dance
WeaPo 2019 Worlds Free Dance Tribute to D10 and Je Suis Malade 2012
Shen/Zhao 2010 Olympics
Torvill/Dean 1984 games.
Nathan Chen 2019 Worlds freeskate and 2018 Olympics free skate
Kaetlyn Osmond 2018 Worlds
Adam Rippon "Birds" Free 2018 Olympics
Chan Blackbird Worlds 2017
Ryan Bradley 2011 Nationals Freeskate and learning he won nationals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wuyy1yYDi4

vunhung3001

Rinkside
Mao Asada Olympics 2014 FS, Worlds 2008 FS
Yuzuru Hanyu Worlds 2012 FS , Olympics 2018 FS.
Kaori Sakamoto Skate America 2017 FS
Wakaba Higuchi Worlds 2018 FS
Nathan Chen Olympics 2018 FS

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua's beautiful, incomparable Schindler's List free at 2015 4CCs...almost flawlessly perfect, magnificent emotion and movement...and I wept, thinking that finally, the bad days were behind him, and now he would grow into a champion...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For Yuzu, both Olympic Seimei and this World's Origin earned every drop of the audience's overwhelming reaction by their defiance and strength in the face of pain, injury and everything else flung at him... but if I had to choose just one, it would be World 16 Gala - Requiem - every Yuzu fan must feel their heart being dragged over jagged ice. But oh so beautiful jagged ice.

Shoma this past 4CC. Our tiny, wounded, fierce battler...

Javi, that last Euros FS may have not been his most perfect but still made us misty and all "don't goooooo!" And his first World championship, both the skate and his and Yuzu's reactions are total puddle of goo time.

Jason's Riverdance. Anyone who can watch it and not have their emotions soar must be made of concrete stuffing.

Sergei Voronov's NHK freeskate in 2016, not giving an inch to anyone who'd given up on him.

Oh, and one just one for the ladies. Oksana's OGM skate may actually not have been the best of the night, might not have actually been the one that should have won, but it is like watching a particularly graceful big-eyed pink kitten, goes straight to the heart.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Todd Eldredge - First Knight - 1996 Worlds
Midori Ito 1988 Olympic free skate
Paul Wylie - 1992 Olympic free skate
Michelle Kwan - 1998 US Nationals *
Matt Savoie - 2006 - US Nationals & Worlds
Shen & Zhao - Turandot - 2003 Worlds *
Javi Fernandez - Guys & Dolls - 2016 Worlds *, Man of La Mancha - 2018 Olympics & 2019 Europeans
Aliona & Bruno - 2018 Olympics & Worlds
Elvis Stojko - Dragon - 1994 Olympics & Worlds
Jason Brown - Riverdance - 2016 US Nationals *
Sean Rabbitt - East of Eden SP - 2019 US Nationals *

* = We were lucky enough to be there!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Joannie Rochett at the 2010 Olympics. It still makes me want to cry.

Mao’s 2014 Olympic LP

Yuzuru’s 2017 Worlds LP and 2018 Olympic FS

Michelle’s Fields of Gold Exhibition

Jason’s Piano at SA

Yuna’s Send in the Clowns

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I'll have to add to this later when I'm not so busy, but Yuzuru's EX "Hana ni Nare" was a tremendous comfort when my cat was sick and we didn't know why. (The lyrics are about not giving up hope in uncertain situations.) I must have watched it 10 or 20 times. Fortunately, the cat pulled through. (crossing self and knocking wood!) Unfortunately, I think it requires that one speak Japanese in order to be much comfort. :slink: Not sure if there's a subbed version anywhere.

TA91

Rinkside
Irina Slutskaya 2005 Worlds (CBC version) LP
Evgenia Medvedeva 2018 Olympics LP
Carolina Kostner 2014 Olympics LP
Michelle Kwan 2004 Nationals LP
Gracie Gold 2016 Nationals LP ( looking back)

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Alina’s SP and FS at Worlds 2019 after everything she had been through this season

Javier’s SP and FS at Euros 2019

Mao’s FS at Worlds 2016

Yuna’s SP and FS at Sochi

Evgenia’s FS at Pyeongchang

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'll have to add to this later when I'm not so busy, but Yuzuru's EX "Hana ni Nare" was a tremendous comfort when my cat was sick and we didn't know why. (The lyrics are about not giving up hope in uncertain situations.) I must have watched it 10 or 20 times. Fortunately, the cat pulled through. (crossing self and knocking wood!) Unfortunately, I think it requires that one speak Japanese in order to be much comfort. :slink: Not sure if there's a subbed version anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLhQlGTsYrE With Subs! :agree:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Irina Slutskaya 2005 Worlds (CBC version) LP
Evgenia Medvedeva 2018 Olympics LP
Carolina Kostner 2014 Olympics LP
Michelle Kwan 2004 Nationals LP
Gracie Gold 2016 Nationals LP ( looking back)

Ah...how could I forget Irina's Wonderland..always makes me cry.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Stolbova/Klimov - I Put A Spell On You SP - GPF 2015
Yuzu's Seimei FS - NHK 2015
Paul & Piper - Vincent FD/4CC 2019
Duhamel/Radford - Your Song SP - Worlds 2016
Duhamel/Radford - Hometown Glory FS - Worlds 2016
Shoma Uno - Turandot - World Team Challenge 2016
Tarasova/Morozov - Ordinary People Gala (no particular event)

Greatest tearjerker for me: Stolbova/Klimov - Please Don't Stop The Rain - Gala Europeans 2018
It was the last time ever they performed together and I was there and saw it live :cry:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Such my kind of thread since I really started lately to pay closer attention on what MOVES me deeper than just IMPRESSING me visually!:)

I will probably re-visit this or post more later, but two performances jumped out immediately in my head - Mao's FS in Sochi 2014 and Joannie Rochette SP/FS in Vancouver 2010. Olympic stage is the biggest one to win something, but this kind of personal overcome and victory both ladies shown there was so emotionally overwhelming in the best sense for me and meaningful to experience. I remember watching Mao's FS live with my sister on TV and we both cried, her not even being a 'basic' FS fan, not knowing who Mao was, her competition history, just seeing this kind of vulnerability, anguish poured in this iconic, monumental program. This is the real moving force for me: to forget who the skater is and feel/experience what they do in that particular moment of performance, moment that we often carry with us beyond these 4 mins, remembering the impact of it best, not exactly what we saw, but what we felt watching. This FS was so wholesome, encompassing technical challenge and risks and intricate, powerful artistic flair of Mao's signature style and musical feel; she totally left everything she had there, pouring such emotional palette in every move and gesture.

Joannie in Vancouver - I can't really re-watch her performances without shedding a tear or two, 9 years after it happened...The power is still there to move us involuntarily, because of her strength and determination to fulfil her dream in honour of her late mom who was supposed to be there in Vancouver with her, cheering her daughter towards making Olympic dream coming true. Her performances carried that particular kind of emotion you can't just make up from nothing I feel, the feel of 'surrendering' everything bubbling inside of you into the music, expressing something that we often cannot find words for, trying to find absolution and consolation at once. One thing beyond commendable for me was that she decided to skate/participate at all, having that competitive/Olympic spirit in her, another thing is HOW she put all these emotions inside focus and making the best memory for herself, for her mom.

Another memory that I carry/get back to, more of happier one, is Javier's FS at Boston Worlds in 2016 - it was something so easy to smile to, a moment of that effortless happiness where I really forgot about stakes and pressure. He really carried that Sinatra flair and energy through the roof and borders, charming and creating such a memory.

From more recent memories...Probably all of you knows already how Vincent FD by Piper & Paul has toughed me this season, reaching so deep into my sensibility and bringing me back to arts, to challenging myself and be more creative. I think that this FD as a whole experience changed me a bit, my FS persona and my personality as well - watching it always carried me somewhere else, giving that tranquil peace over chaos/difficulty, re-charging my batteries. Nationals and 4CC performances were probably my faves, but seeing this program evolving for the whole season and having a chance to see it live (in Grenoble at IdF where I gave them sunflowers & card) made every performance of it kind of special, infused with some little nuances/details and intimate, but welcoming intricacy that sprinkled magic over it.

Also, Wenjing/Cong's Worlds were such a moving, out-of-body kind of experience for me. I felt these performances to the bone, tearing up from the first moments, seeing their heartfelt expression, how much they engage into the moment and making it so easy to experience it with them. What sets them apart for me from other pairs is that strong emotional package/liaison/polish they care of along technical side of their performances - their programs do not define them, but they define them by that emotional powerful delivery, making the so memorable/relatable and moving beyond visual. The only team who can cumulate energy in such intricate, unique way and give it to the people the raw impact of it which is what 'moving' moment is about.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I'm so happy people recognise Yuna's Send in the Clowns as the masterpiece it truly is. Deserved 80+ pts. Fite me.
Both the Ex and competition versions are mesmerizing. Yuna didn't skate it, she floated.

Adding also
Mao's FS at Sochi
Yuzu's The Swan and Requiem
Yuna's Gershwin and Les Mis

none of the other currently competing skaters have moved me like these three did.

Merjan

On the Ice
Some that I've been watching at the arena: Yuzuru FS 2017 Helsinki,
Laura Lepistö SP 2009 Helsinki, Mao Asada FS Worlds 2008, Papadakis / Cizeron FD 2017 Worlds, Cappellini/ Lanotte Love Story FD in Helsinki. And Savchenko / Massot at Art on Ice 2018.
And on tv: Yuzuru Seimei at NHK Trophy (first time over 200 points),
Gordeeva / Grinkov Moonlight Sonata at Europeans,
Mao Asada FS in Sochi,
Stephane Lambiel Un Giorno Per Noi EX at Europeans.
And of course, the FS of Aljona / Bruno at the Olympics 2018.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Plushy's Je Suis Malade at the 2010 Olympics Gala, After all the talk about him lacking artistry and just being a jumper, that was a nice "Cop that" to certain sectors :p

Liza T's first comeback in the 2014-15 season unleashing that 3A, it got better and better every program cumulativing in the Worlds FS, it was awesome!

Virtue/Moir's FD at the 2018 Olympics, they were so good!

Plushy's 2004 Russian Nats LP, I've rewatched it a lot, but every time I see it I'm blown away! Perfection.

Oh and Torville and Dean's Bolero, always iconic.

ankifeather

Final Flight
Yulia Lipniskaya 2014 Sochi Schindler's list
Yuzuru Hanyu 2012 Worlds R&J 1.0
Kaori Sakamoto 2018 Japanese Nationals FS, 2019 Worlds SP
Yuzuru Hanyu 2018 RoC Otonal
Aliona & Bruno 2018 Olympics & Worlds FS
Yuna Kim 2010 Vancouver Bonds
Yuzuru Hanyu 2019 Worlds Origin