2019/20 GP and Challenger Series announced | Golden Skate

2019/20 GP and Challenger Series announced

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...-challenger-series-announced?templateParam=15

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2019/2020
The Council confirmed the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Calendar for the season 2019/20 as follows:

Skate America Las Vegas, NV / USA Oct 18-20
Skate Canada International Kelowna / CAN Oct 25-27
Internationaux de France Grenoble / FRA Nov 1-3
Cup of China Chongqing / CHN Nov 8-10
Rostelecom Cup Moscow / RUS Nov 15-17
NHK Trophy Sapporo / JPN Nov 22-24
2019-20 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final Torino / ITA Dec 5-8, 2019

Challenger Series in Figure Skating season 2019/20
The Council approved the Challenger Series in Figure Skating Calendar for the season 2019/20 as follows

Autumn Classic International Oakville, ON / CAN Sep 12-14
Lombardia Trophy Bergamo / ITA Sep 13-15
U.S. International Figure Skating Classic Salt Lake City / USA Sep 17-22
Nepela Memorial 2019 Bratislava / SVK Sep 19-21
Nebelhorn Trophy Oberstdorf / GER Sep 25-28
Finlandia Trophy Espoo / FIN Oct 11-13
Ice Star Minsk / BLR Oct 18-20
Asian Open Figure Skating Classic Taipei City / TPE Oct 30-Nov 3
Warsaw Cup Warsaw / POL Nov 14-17
Golden Spin of Zagreb Zagreb / CRO Dec 4-7, 2019

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2020/2021
The Council provisionally approved the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Calendar for the season 2020/21 as follows

Skate America TBA / USA Oct 23-25
Skate Canada International TBA / CAN Oct 30-Nov. 1
Cup of China TBA / CHN Nov 6-8
Internationaux de France TBA / FRA Nov 13-15
Rostelecom Cup Moscow / RUS Nov 20-22
NHK Trophy TBA / JPN Nov 27-29
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final Beijing / CHN Dec 10-13, 2020

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
It seems that one year before the Beijing Olympic Games ISU wants to have the GP Final in Beijing. A sort of rehearsal, I guess :)

frida80

Record Breaker
They often do that. I think 4CC 2017 was in Pyeongchang.

And Sochi GPF 2012. It's like a requirement. You have to ensure the rink can meet competition conditions ahead of time. It's a good idea since CoC often has issues.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I'm currently eyeing Autumn Classic so hard :cool14:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
as every year i'm going to need a clone to watch both challengers and jgps :biggrin:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It is required to have some type of "Olympic Test Event" held in the venue prior holding an Olympic Games there.

abfab

Rinkside
Next season 202/2021 because Grenoble had signed for 3 times .
it is not a nice city but the ice rink is small
and it is 2 hours by car from my home :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Looks like maybe 4 events for me to go: Nepela, Nebelhorn, Warsaw Cup and IdF:)

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
My dad and I have already saved holiday for IdF, my mum might come too. Very excited as we had a great time in Helsinki.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
My finances are currently in dire straits, but if things change and tickets are available I'll try for Skate Canada, as it's quite close to home. Since Worlds 2020 is not realistic at the moment lol... maybe later, when I'm flush with cashhhh.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
My finances are currently in dire straits, but if things change and tickets are available I'll try for Skate Canada, as it's quite close to home. Since Worlds 2020 is not realistic at the moment lol... maybe later, when I'm flush with cashhhh.

Why don’t you sign up to volunteer? Volunteers usually get a free ticket to at least one event - at least at Skate America we did

GF2445

Record Breaker
Yeah, it is mandatory that they need to host a competition in the Olympic arena beforehand as a test run.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Why don’t you sign up to volunteer? Volunteers usually get a free ticket to at least one event - at least at Skate America we did

I live in BC, so just flying over to Montreal and having a place to stay for 6 days would cost me far more than the non-material joys of volunteering at Worlds + one day's seat :confused2: I will simply bide my time and try to make the moolah for idk, '22 primetime seats instead :dbana:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Speaking of Worlds, can anyone tell me how much all-event prime tickets have cost you with tax/fees included? I know it varies by year and location, but I am trying to figure if going next season is feasible for me.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Speaking of Worlds, can anyone tell me how much all-event prime tickets have cost you with tax/fees included? I know it varies by year and location, but I am trying to figure if going next season is feasible for me.

In 2013 when Worlds were in London, ON I saw table with costs posted on Twitter and all-event ticket cost between around 1000-1350 CAD. I think costs for Montreal could be similar (I am getting broke, but definitely going, new job & salary will help though:laugh:)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I live in BC, so just flying over to Montreal and having a place to stay for 6 days would cost me far more than the non-material joys of volunteering at Worlds + one day's seat :confused2: I will simply bide my time and try to make the moolah for idk, '22 primetime seats instead :dbana:

Oh, sorry - I meant for Skate Canada only because you said it was close to home. But close is relative, and spending money on hotels obviously won’t help.

Alextrusova

Rinkside
Has anyone been to cup of Russia in Moscow before? Which arena is it held in and is it pretty easy to navigate there? TDF is out for me because it was so horribly organised last year and in such a terrible location. I’ve also hear Turino isn’t great