Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Coaching Changes

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!

2019-20 Coaching Changes

Any coaching changes happening for this upcoming season?
    Last edited by gsk8; 05-07-2019 at 04:29 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Nope. I expect once everyone gets back from their holidays to hear a fair few changes.

7 Not allowed!
    Amelia Orzel (Canadian junior lady) switched from Eva Najarro at YRSA to the Cricket Club. Her coach at TCC isn't known yet. She's Conrad Orzel's younger sister. He moved from Eva at YRSA to Lee Barkell at TCC last summer.

Maria Sotskova switched from Elena Buianova to Svetlana Sokolovskaya (both are at CSKA).

Anastasia Tarakanova left Plushenko's team. She's with Svetlana Panova right now, but she's not officially accepted back there yet.

The french junior pairs team Hamon/Strekalin left their coach in France and switched to John Zimmerman in Florida.

Tripping on the Podium Lunalovesskating's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Alena Kanysheva switched from Svetlana Panova to Team Tutberidze

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
    Amelia Orzel (Canadian junior lady) switched from Eva Najarro at YRSA to the Cricket Club. Her coach at TCC isn't known yet. She's Conrad Orzel's younger sister. He moved from Eva at YRSA to Lee Barkell at TCC last summer.

Maria Sotskova switched from Elena Buianova to Svetlana Sokolovskaya (both are at CSKA).

Anastasia Tarakanova left Plushenko's team. She's with Svetlana Panova right now, but she's not officially accepted back there yet.

The french junior pairs team Hamon/Strekalin left their coach in France and switched to John Zimmerman in Florida.
    probably a good choice. About Kanysheva, i don't know why, but i thought she already was with Eteri i'm gettin old

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    To be as precise as possible, per their Facebook announcement, they'll be moving to Florida once Cleo Hamon has completed her baccalaureate, presumably in June.

This actually happened in the middle of last season but went under the radar rather: Noemie and Noah Bodenstein (Swiss junior/senior and junior) switched from Lambiel to Peter Grutter (Geneva) and the Cricket Club. Neither has named which specific coach they work with in Toronto.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harriet View Post
    To be as precise as possible, per their Facebook announcement, they'll be moving to Florida once Cleo Hamon has completed her baccalaureate, presumably in June.

This actually happened in the middle of last season but went under the radar rather: Noemie and Noah Bodenstein (Swiss junior/senior and junior) switched from Lambiel to Peter Grutter (Geneva) and the Cricket Club. Neither has named which specific coach they work with in Toronto.
    I thought they were already working with TCC before last season, at least in the summers. I know they were there last summer anyways, not sure about before.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    I thought they were already working with TCC before last season, at least in the summers. I know they were there last summer anyways, not sure about before.
    They did summer training there for two or three years, like a lot of other skaters do, but they weren't actually members of Team Cricket at that point. They are now. The changeover happened in October 2018 or thereabouts.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Yana Liventseva from Buianova to Eteri (not eligible for 2022 , there are records with her trying 3A on the floor)

Rinkside

4 Not allowed!
    Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov from Maxim Trankov to Marina Zueva (Nina Mozer will fly sometimes in USA)

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slotka View Post
    Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov from Maxim Trankov to Marina Zueva (Nina Mozer will fly sometimes in USA)
    This is really interesting. Marina is probably better equipped to help them expand their style in a way that suits them, but it's good that they'll still have Nina's input.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!

Does this mean they will train primarily in the US?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I’m sure Marina will give them good choreo, but what about technique?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by *~RussianBleux~* View Post
    Does this mean they will train primarily in the US?
    Yes. Evgenia said they move to Florida

Making rhinestone vest and tie combos cool anonymoose_au's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Yes. Evgenia said they move to Florida
    Oh wow! That's a huge move for them! I hope the transition goes smoothly.

I'm pretty sure Marina cheorographed some of Gordeeva/Grinkov's programs that are so loved. I hope she can make them shine! (for the majority, I mean, T/M already shine to me )

Bit sad it didn't work out with Maxim T, I like him.

I’m sure Marina will give them good choreo, but what about technique?
    Well T/M already have the best technique, perhaps that's why Mozer will visit every do often, give them a tune up.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose_au View Post
    Oh wow! That's a huge move for them! I hope the transition goes smoothly.

I'm pretty sure Marina cheorographed some of Gordeeva/Grinkov's programs that are so loved. I hope she can make them shine! (for the majority, I mean, T/M already shine to me )

Well T/M already have the best technique, perhaps that's why Mozer will visit every do often, give them a tune up.
    We don’t know how often Mozer (and Trankov, according to Evgenia’s words) will visit T/M in Florida. They had some troubles this season and didn’t skate clean. Wondering what we will see with less “technique-time”..

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose_au View Post
    They said that they will still be working with him. An excerpt from an interview: "We didn't part our way with Maxim [Trankov], he stays with us and will come to America from time to time. He will be a part of our team"

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Is Gogolev from Brian/Barkell to Raf confirmed?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doublequad View Post
    Is Gogolev from Brian/Barkell to Raf confirmed?
    AFAIK, is not confirmed by the parties that Gogo has left Lee Barkell, for Raf or anyone else.

Stephan had already left Brian mid-season for Lee as his primary, although both coaches were at TCC. So he would not be leaving Brian/Lee, but just Lee.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Whaa...? Why would Stephen leave the Cricket Club!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast