2023-24 Coaching, Country and Discipline Changes | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Coaching, Country and Discipline Changes

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Petra Lahti (2nd at Finnish Jr National in Women's Singles) is switching from Finland to New Zealand, the country she was born in.

She'll be able to compete internationally from February 2025 on. If TES minimums are carried over in the event of a country switch (World Standing points are), she would be able to compete at Jr Worlds.
(In the ISU statistics, Soucisse/Firus' RD minimums are listed as having been achieved when they skated for CAN, so I assume it does carry over.)

Last edited:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Petra Lahti (2nd at Finnish Jr National in Women's Singles) is switching from Finland to New Zealand, the country she was born in.

She'll be able to compete internationally from February 2025 on. If TES minimums are carried over in the event of a country switch (World Standing points are), she would be able to compete at Jr Worlds.
(In the ISU statistics, Soucisse/Firus' RD minimums are listed as having been achieved when they skated for CAN, so I assume it does carry over.)

Finland announced national team yesterday and I was wondering why she was not on the list. So this is the explanation.

Lyyli

On the Ice

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That makes sense. The French pairs field is less saturated. One of then needed to change Feds and they are likely to get more opportunities representing France.
Yes. Chloé isn't a strong jumper and that means very little chance in Canada's field. At the same time, Lori-Ann Matte did try this route with Noël-Antoine Pierre and they didn't last over one season. So it will be interesting to see... Chloé didn't compete at all this year.... Maybe she did work out some of the issues she has.