2022-23 Coaching, Country and Discipline changes | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Coaching, Country and Discipline changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yalinmurdock

Spectator
Not only has she been training there, but her mom has also confirmed that she'll be switching to represent Spain in the comments under this post:

Sounds like her mom is (partially?) Spanish, as they went to visit her family when they were in Spain.

Hi 👋 yes my mom is Spanish. Milly was so close to my mom, it was hard for us when she passed away from covid . Skating for Spain would have made my mom very proud.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi 👋 yes my mom is Spanish. Milly was so close to my mom, it was hard for us when she passed away from covid . Skating for Spain would have made my mom very proud.
Thank you for confirming the Spanish "connection" and my sympathies on the passing of your mother and Milly's grandmother.

Best of luck to Milly in her new adventures!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It seems like Uliana would have received the OKay to compete for Canada as she is registered in the next gen competition. (Meaning that she would be competing as a junior)

um Pathway » Singles » Junior Women Women - Short Program
RankStarting OrderWarm-Up
Group
CompetitorClubSectionElementsComponentsAdjustmentsScore
11Mély-Ann GagnerClub de patinage artistique de Sherbrooke
21Aleksa VolkovaClub de patinage artistique de Boucherville inc.
31Abbie BaltzerHamilton SC
41Rose ThérouxAcadémie Performance Isatis
51Hetty ShiCanadian Ice Academy
62Kara YunChamps International Skating Centre of British Columbia
72BREKEN BREZDENSkate Dauphin
82Megan WoodleyCanadian Ice Academy
92Reese RoseGloucester Skating Club
102Uliana ShiryaevaChamps International Skating Centre of British Columbia
113Angelina GrantRoyal Glenora Club
123angelina guanConnaught SC
133Lulu LinCanadian Ice Academy
143Fée-Ann LandryPatinage Gatineau
153Lucille YangGloucester Skating Club

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan Carrillo is now training in Toronto Canada with coaches Jonathan Hunter and Myke Gillman. They work out of Thornhill FSC, if I am not mistaken.

This appears to be a permanent change. (He has spent weeks on and off there in the past). If anyone with better Spanish than me (which doesn't take much ;) ) can confirm or deny, I would be grateful. I do not see any mention of his (former?) coach Gregorio Nuñez.

ETA: confirmed by Spanish speakers in the Donovan FF this is a permanent change. Also confirmed that he has left coach Goyo (Nuñez).

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Okay, and both skaters are singles I suppose? I'm not really familiar with their names.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Okay, and both skaters are singles I suppose? I'm not really familiar with their names.
Sarina is a woman single skater, born 2006. She was 2nd at Warsaw Cup last season, 3rd at EYOF 2022 and has reached also some podium placements in small competitions. After checking I found out she was 3rd and Switzerland nationals. Naomi is, I suppose, her little sister.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Sarina is a woman single skater, born 2006. She was 2nd at Warsaw Cup last season, 3rd at EYOF 2022 and has reached also some podium placements in small competitions. After checking I found out she was 3rd and Switzerland nationals. Naomi is, I suppose, her little sister.
Yes, Naomi is her little sister, and also a single skater, although on the junior and novice level. She competed at JGP Ostrava last season.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Thanks! I'll edit the Jooses, and Donovan, into the 2023-24 changes thread.

Also, does anyone know when (and if really) JunHwan left Brian Orser? I've read something along those lines, but I'm not sure if it's old news or listing-worthy.

Country
Norway
Seems like Sarina and Noemi Joos might have switched countries from Switzerland to Italy.

They have both exchanged the flags in their IG bios from Swiss flags to Italian flags, and both are not included in the Swiss national team either.
Hmm okaayy??

Well they have been training a lot with Lorenzo Magri in the last couple of months, but I didn´t think they would change country..

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
me neither! well welcome to Italy, no pineapple, yes chocolate :biggrin:
bQ8QD8ARKlFJJlnnvGWR4chO_nqloylJFzK31HvdCHAAMl-R2yqbTg_2sJZ6PDLp816ToQPnOyAjbctdOYS1Fvb4TgrBiIY_gBJc4lPRX_MdUb2SqXp4hdxmJTPaAtDuJ1yKRvSfwZ9CNetPbXK6ln4

Status
Not open for further replies.